Parking at Chania airport

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Sinkingslowly

Parking at Chania airport

Postby Sinkingslowly » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:57 pm

It's been a long time since I've been through Chania airport but I have to collect my daughter from there soon.
Is it still possible to park short term immediately opposite the arrivals gate?

Yin&Yang

Re: Parking at Chania airport

Postby Yin&Yang » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:51 pm

I don't know but the car park Adjacent is not too expensive, free up to something like twenty minutes and when we dropped someone off on Saturday, it cost us the princley sum of €1 within which time we stood in the checking in queue with our family visitors, sat and had a coffee, used the loos and said a long goodbye.
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:16 pm

Yes.

Warwick

Sinkingslowly

Postby Sinkingslowly » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:33 pm

Thank you!

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 am

I've just reread Sinkinginalowy's question and realise, after lookng at Warwick's link, that it was the carpark you were both referring to and which I too referenced. I had thought Sinkinginslowly was asking if you could park on the inroad outside of the arrivals/departures. Next time I shall read the question properly :roll:
Someday is now : )

Joan

Postby Joan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:54 am

We collected and delivered a guest there in the last ten days. The first 20 minutes are free, which we managed on delivery.

Collection of our guest on arrival took longer, as usual. I wasn't there but my husband had some fun paying - I think he had to go to a machine first to pay before exiting. A big queue built up behind him as he hadn't realised that was the system. There was no way to pay at the exit. If you are likely to be there more than 20 minutes, check exactly what you have to do to pay before you leave the car park.

Joan

toastie

Postby toastie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:07 am

I download the cityzen app for smart phones.
If you book up through the app there is a small discount.
plus its convenient to use because as you drive up to the barrier in the airport, the anpr recognises the license plate and sees that you have already paid and the barrier goes up.
easy and simple to use.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:13 pm

Joan wrote: I wasn't there but my husband had some fun paying - I think he had to go to a machine first to pay before exiting. A big queue built up behind him as he hadn't realised that was the system. There was no way to pay at the exit. If you are likely to be there more than 20 minutes, check exactly what you have to do to pay before you leave the car park.

Joan

I paid at the exit twice last week. The first time nothing was said, but the second time the girl in the kiosk wasn't too pleased, but I said I've always paid on exit in the past and she took my cash and wrote a handwritten receipt. Told me to pay at the machine next time!

Return to “General Discussion & News”