Car Ownership

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Car Ownership

Postby Hellenic » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:08 pm


My husband inherited a house and car in Crete, we are now having trouble getting the car insured because it's in my deceased father-in-law's name, he also missed a road tax payment that needs to be made. Can anyone advise how to get the car ownership changed and pay the road tax due?

Thank you in advance


Re: Car Ownership

Postby scooby » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:58 pm

Easiest way is to go see a lawyer, shouldn't cost much and save you running round in circles.

Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:32 pm
Location: Kerasia.

Re: Car Ownership

Postby ros21m » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:15 pm

The accountant for the deceased person, can give you the paper to make the missing car tax payment. A friend of mine is in the process of inheriting a house & a car from his deceased father & this it what he has done. All the papers are with his lawyer, to claim his inhertance, so I don't know how to register the car in his name yet. If you have the inheritence papers, stating that your husband has inherited the car, I would think you could take those to the Licensing Office to have the car registered in his name. Your husband would need to provide copies of his Passport/ID card & AFM (Greek tax number).

Return to “General Discussion & News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 9 guests