ENFIA Property Tax online now

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
YoMo2

Re: ENFIA Property Tax online now

Postby YoMo2 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:37 am

Well, I think it depends on the definition of a plot. Of course every house stands on the ground. What I meant was a plot as in extra land over and above what the house itself stands on. Even then, I think it depends on other factors as to whether it is shown on one line or two. Maybe in or out of village limits? Mine is outside the village limits and is shown on two lines. I'm guessing yours is in the village limits. It would be strange if yours is also outside the village limits but shown on one line.

Not that important really, but all part of the fun in trying to fathom out the unfathomable.

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Yes, my plot and house are completely inside the village limits so you may well be right, Andrew. The house is about 112 sqm, although there are also uncovered balconies that are not included in that figure. The total plot is about 506 sqm so there is a significant part of the plot not covered by the house. I believe that the contribution to ENFIA from the plot is calculated on the basis of the area of the plot minus the area of the house. All the figures are on a single line.

I always like to try to fathom the unfathomable but often don't manage to. In the past I have used the online tool to calculate my ENFIA liability and it agreed exactly with my ENFIA bill so I more or less understand what is happening and what influences the outcome. Similarly with income tax.

Warwick

PS I am not certain but I don't think that calculation site has been updated to take account of the discount.

Clio

Postby Clio » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:25 pm

As far as I'm concerned, chance would be a fine thing to learn about my ENFIA liability in any language. No joy on getting into the site. "Me neither", said my accountant cheerfully. "It was just the same last year. It does 't occur to anyone that as soon as the information is available online, the whole of Greece tries to look it up and the system can't cope. But you know that. I know that.We just wait a couple of days. This is Greece...."

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:01 pm

I'm a bit surprised. Having read in the press or heard on TV that the payment, or first payment if you pay in instalments, is not due until the end of September I would expect the system to be overloaded on the 29th? I'm a "Route of least resistance man". I will simply wait until my accountant sends me the statement. Why worry. He gets paid to get ulcers fighting the Greek system. Everybody who has had a bill before knows roughly what it will be, i.e. in most cases a bit less than last year. I don't need to know any more than that immediately.

Warwick

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 am

Kilkis wrote:...... I don't need to know any more than that immediately. Warwick

You underestimate the excitement caused by the government handing out discounts......

Andrew

Mandraek

Postby Mandraek » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:13 pm

That's the same link posted by Carol in the first post on this thread, Mandraek.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:46 pm

I just got notification of my ENFIA bill from my accountant. It is exactly 27 % less than last year as expected for a property with an objective value in the up to €70,000 category according to the tables posted earlier in the thread.

Warwick

paul g

Postby paul g » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Good news 265€ off.

Kathleen

Postby Kathleen » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:44 pm

The link has been very useful together with the illustration on the Apokoronas news site.

When I received the document from my accountant by email I was worried because the payment paperwork is different this year. I do not know the passwords required to download it from gsis, since my accountant has always passed the papers on to me. I was unable to check the single form issued this year was all that was needed. Having sold my house I am now relying on neighbours in Crete to pay the bill on my behalf. At least I can now assure them that the codes shown in the form are the payment references. The fact that I have also benefitted from a reduction in my final year is a small bonus!

Kathleen

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:46 am

An afterthought on payment of ENFIA. Many people, permanently resident in Greece, pay it themselves through bank transfer, in the bank or in the post office. You need the electronic payment code in order to use any of those methods. I think that it is not a fixed code so you cannot use the one from the previous year. The deadline for payment or for the first instalment is 30 September.

Those that are not permanently resident in Greece may transfer money to their accountant's bank account and get their accountant to pay it for them. In that case they do not need the payment code, as the accountant will have it, but they do need to make the transfer well before the deadline, e.g. my accountant asks for it by 15 September.

In either case, late payments incur a fine of 0.72 % per month. While small it is compound and so can mount up if there is repeated late payments.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:00 pm

I have just received my full ENFIA tax statement from my accountant and I can confirm that the payment code is NOT the same as last year so it is important to get an up-to-date statement, either the full one or the short-form version, with the new code if you are going to pay the tax yourself.

Warwick

Mackie

Postby Mackie » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Not been on here for a while but as always, grateful for you knowledge and input! We have a query regarding fines as we are away and not received any information on our property taxation.

Our Accountant is absolutely useless and never answers emails or phones for that matter! We have every intention of of having a new accountant as soon as we can (changing him is a complicated matter as they are all family and related to almost everyone we know). Likely to have George who has been recommended on this forum many times although he is at the other end of the island.

Reading all the above, we are still unclear if there is a way of paying remotely into our account via the bank as we have been away for a few weeks and will not be back in Crete until end of February? We don’t want out of principle to break any laws but I guess it’s too late now! We have details of our payments last year which we paid directly via the bank in one instalment.Would be great if we can as I don’t want to involve anyone else!

Also, our lawyer keeps telling us that the cadastral survey declarations still not due yet for our area. Is this correct? Our house is in the Hersonissos area.

Thanks for your input
Mackie

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:21 am

If you have a Greek bank account you can certainly pay it online from your bank. The ENFIA statement gives you the payment code for paying in one go or by instalments so you will need that. It is NOT the same as last year so you need the latest statement. I doubt if you can pay it direct from a UK bank.

I am not sure if George Atsalakis can act for you or if he only deals with the Chania tax office. No harm in asking.

Warwick

Mackie

Postby Mackie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:52 am

Kilkis wrote:If you have a Greek bank account you can certainly pay it online from your bank. The ENFIA statement gives you the payment code for paying in one go or by instalments so you will need that. It is NOT the same as last year so you need the latest statement. I doubt if you can pay it direct from a UK bank.

I am not sure if George Atsalakis can act for you or if he only deals with the Chania tax office. No harm in asking.

Warwick

Thanks Warwick.
Getting the number / tax ref is the issue at present. Yes, checked with Georg’s office a few months ago and they are happy to represent us.
Cheers

Return to “General Discussion & News”