ENFIA Property Tax online now

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Mackie

Re: ENFIA Property Tax online now

Postby Mackie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:04 pm

Just a quick update
We managed to get our references (my wife and I) through a friend and we paid it today via the bank
We paid what is translated as “Total amount of Debt”
There is a figure on the summary sheet (the only thing we managed to get) that reads: Ληξ/σμο Ποσό & προσgυξήσεις, τόκοι , τέλη. The translation does not make sense to me. Anyone knows what this is?
Cheers
Mackie

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:18 pm

It seems to translate as: Expiration Amount & surcharges, interest, fees, which suggests that it is a payment after it was due? The payment was due by 30 September so you have paid it after the deadline and hence incurred some penalties? I can't be certain, since I have never paid mine late so I have never seen a statement like this. When you have changed over to George Atsalakis ask him if he can download and send you the full 2019 statement. You can then compare what was due on 30 September, or various other dates if you opted to pay by instalments, with what you actually had to pay.

Warwick

Mackie

Postby Mackie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:45 pm

It’s nearly 20% of the total that we paid. Can this be right? 20% fine for 1 month. We paid the figure that reads total in one payment. Same as last year.
It seems to have reduced by just over 20% from last year though for the Mrs & 26/27% for me ......
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Mackie on Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:07 pm

Although there is one month between payments, if you pay by instalments, there are only 5 instalments, i.e. at the end of September, October, November, December and January so each one is one fifth of the total. Note that the November payment is due on the 29th because the 30th is a Saturday and so not a working day. The electronic payment code is the same for all five instalments or for a single payment.

The reduction depends on the objective value of the property. A 27% reduction applies to properties with an objective value up to €70,000.

Warwick

Mackie

Postby Mackie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:26 pm

Ah, ok. 1 of 5 instalments
That makes sense now
Thanks Warwick :wink:

Return to “General Discussion & News”