Crete Documentary

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: Crete Documentary

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:26 pm

I presume the "App" is actually a VPN or a Smart DNS service? All UK streaming services, like BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc, are playing a game of "Whack a Mole" with services designed to fool them into thinking you have a UK IP address. When they find one they block it. Customers of the service complain and the company providing the service changes the IP addresses being used. After a while the streaming service detects the new address and blocks that and so the game goes on. It sounds like ITV Hub are ahead in the game at the moment while the other services are behind for your particular APP.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:29 pm

RetiredRailwayWorker wrote:
Tim wrote:Your IP address is being flagged up as being based in the UK. I have 2 VPN's and they're regularly blocked by one or more UK channels. It's a pain

Tim

I actually have an app which changes my IP address to the UK !! It doesn`t seem to fool ITV hub though!! Okay with BBC iplayer and channel 4 and channel 5 catch up though!Pity though looking foreward to watching this with Julia Bradbury!

You haven't missed much! Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:24 pm

For those of you who can get BBC2 on iPlayer, you might like to watch the two 1-hour episodes screened yesterday and today (we watched them live). Simon Reeve tours Greece. It is 3 years old, but Beats the Julia Bradbury/ITV production hands down!

Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

mouche

Postby mouche » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:57 am

bobscott wrote:For those of you who can get BBC2 on iPlayer, you might like to watch the two 1-hour episodes screened yesterday and today (we watched them live). Simon Reeve tours Greece. It is 3 years old, but Beats the Julia Bradbury/ITV production hands down!
Bob.

Watching this in Norway right now behind a VPN, works fine!

Return to “General Discussion & News”