School of European Education of Heraklion Admissions

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Cretebound

School of European Education of Heraklion Admissions

Postby Cretebound » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:36 am

My wife and I are headed to Crete next week to check out the School of European Education of Heraklion for our two boys ages 7 and 12 starting next school year. I've checked out the previous threads, but they are dated.

1. Does anybody have advice on the admissions process? Is it competitive?
2. Any personal experience with the school? Academic reviews or school life?

We currently live in Krakow Poland and our kids go to a British International School. They are native English speaking with American and Polish Citizenship. My wife is Polish and I'm American.

I work outside Greece as a ship captain. My wife will not be working. We want to move to Crete for the lifestyle and access to sailboat charters. If the island seems like a good fit, we'll plan to live walking distance from the school.

Any thoughts or perspectives appreciated.

Best Regards

Carolina
Site Admin

Re: School of European Education of Heraklion Admissions

Postby Carolina » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi Cretebound,

I doubt if you will get many responses here as most of the members on this forum do not have school-age children in Greek schools.

Are you on Facebook? You could try asking on the Expats in Greece group https://www.facebook.com/groups/expatsgreece/

Cretebound

Postby Cretebound » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:59 am

Carolina wrote:You could try asking on the Expats in Greece group https://www.facebook.com/groups/expatsgreece/

Thank you I'll check it out.

Guy M

Postby Guy M » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:45 am

We DO have school age children, and we have experience of living in another country - in our case, Kenya. Schooling was fine in Nairobi, but we couldn’t do this in Crete - our house is a long way from either Heraklion or Chania, where there are international schools. I do know someone whose English child went to a local, Greek school and he turned out very well, but he had been in Crete right the way through the school system and language wasn’t an issue. We ended up homeschooling our children for a year - at ages 8 and 6 - and it’s one of the best experiences i’ve ever had in near,y 20 years living abroad. Couldn’t do it as they got older, though. The one thing that I think applies to all children who live here is they have huge opportunities for great experiences and 7 years later my daughters still regard Crete as home even though we are back in the U.K. and they only visit for school holidays ie a maximum of 10 weeks a year.

Return to “General Discussion & News”