EOPYY Prescriptions

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: EOPYY Prescriptions

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Thanks Bob.

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:03 pm

bobscott wrote:
Guidance was put out yesterday from the Vamos Health Centre about phoning in rather than visiting but there was no actual mention of how to renew repeat prescriptions. Lots of 'Google translate' stuff which can obscure the finer points. Awaiting clarification. Bob.

The Greek text is certainly unclear too, I was trying to make head or tale of it yesterday but had to give up. The only thing I gleaned Is that :
1) People over 70 are classed as vulnerable
2) People on high cost drugs and vulnerable (one or both?) can send someone to collect their medication for them, with a simple ypevthni dilosi (no need for KEP stamp), but it doesn't mention from where e.g. collect the prescription from doctor? collect direct from the pharmacy?

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Usually when Andrew needs to renew his three month prescription, I just email a request to our doctor who then emails to tell us it is ready to pick up from her reception. This time she said we would need to call to make an appointment to pick up the prescription and that her hours had changed. I will make the call tomorrow evening when the surgery is next open. I had also asked if the prescription could be forwarded by her to the nearby pharmacy and the answer was “no”.
Someday is now : )

margarita

Postby margarita » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:18 am

This item in today's Haniotika Nea seems to indicate that you you can get your prescription via your mobile phone

http://www.haniotika-nea.gr/iatrikes-sy ... gografisi/

Google translate version https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... T8O2jDTKpg

This assumes a) you have a suitable mobile phone b) you can negotiate your way through Greek websites as you need to register with gov.gr first.

If anyone tries it please report back.
Last edited by margarita on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Well I think I have completed it but I am not 100 % certain.

First I simply typed gov.gr into my browser address bar and hit Enter. That takes you to the gov.gr Home Page.
    Next I clicked on Υγεία και Πρόνοια, which is at the bottom of the middle column of options. Be aware that the layout of the page might change so you might need to search for it. That takes you to a new page still on the gov.gr site.
    Next I clicked on Φάκελος Υγείας, which is at the bottom of the right hand column of options. Again be aware that the layout of the page might change so you might need to search for it. That takes you to another new page still on the gov.gr site.
    Next I clicked on Άυλη συνταγογράφηση, which is the second option down in the right hand column. Same warning. That takes you to a new page still on the gov.gr site.
    Next I clicked on a large blue button with a white right pointing arrow with the title Είσοδος στην υπηρεσία. That takes you to a new page still on the gov.gr site.
    At the top of the page is a box with three tabs in it. Make sure Είσοδος με TaxisNet is selected. It was the default when I used it. Then click on the blue button labelled Είσοδος στην υπηρεσία. That opens a very different looking page headed ΑΑΔΕ in a new tab on your browser.
    Fill in your TaxisNEt username and password in the two boxes and click on the button labelled Είσοδς.
    You get a message warning that you are giving permission for the system to access things like your ΑΦΜ etc. Click on the button labelled Εξουσιοδότηση. That seems to simply close the tab but if you go back to the tab that opened the ΑΑΔΕ tab, which has p-rv on the tab itself and the address https://ehealth.gov.gr/p-rv/p/ ( don't click on this as a link. You need to get to it through the above procedure) you will see a new panel has opened.
    Type your AMKA number into the box and click on the button labelled Είσοδος. That puts up a panel with your personal details, e.g. name and date of birth. If the information is correct, click on the button labelled Επιβεβαίωση and a new page should open.
    At the bottom of the page is a box with Κηνιτό, i.e. mobile, next to it and one with Email next to it. Decide how you want to receive your prescription e-code, i.e. mobile SMS or email and fill in the appropriate box. Then click the button labelled Επιβεβαίωση to the right of it. If you want to select both click in the box labelled Επιθυμώ Άυλη Συνταγογράφηση enter both your mobile number and email address and click on both buttons labelled Επιβεβαίωση.
    Next click on the button labelled Υποβολή. You might get a warning notice in red pop up warning you that you will need to verify both the mobile number and the email address. Click on the red warning.
    You should then get a pop-up box and receive an SMS message on your mobile with a PIN code in it. Enter the pin code and submit it.
    You should then get a new pop-up box and receive an email with a pin code in it. Enter the PIN code and submit it.
    The screen then has your mobile number and/or email address in the boxes and the controls are greyed out so I presume that means the process is complete but I don't know for certain.
    Finally log out by clicking on the button labelled Αποσύνδεση at top right. You will get a pop-up box with the message Είστε σίγουρος οτι θέλετε να Αποσυνδεθείτε, i.e. "Are you sure you want to log out". Click on the button labelled Ναι.

There was no sort of confirmation that the process had been completed successfully. After I logged out I went through the whole process again and when I got logged back in my mobile number and email address were still there in the boxes so it looks like they have been registered. I guess I will find out if it has worked when I come to renew my prescription in a little less than four weeks time.

Have fun folks. Google will translate some of the pages for you but typically the controls will not work on the translated pages. You can use translated pages to understand what to do and use the controls on the Greek page but you do reach a point where Google cannot translate anything for you. You cannot even select, copy, paste text from the page into Google translate. I think if you follow the instructions above you should be Ok but no guarantees.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Think I will just ring up the health centre and play dumb! Not difficult. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Midlander

Postby Midlander » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:21 pm

According to Ekathimerin.com the trial for Mobile Prescriptions starts on monday.

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:13 pm

Once you have registered for online prescriptions, following Warwick's guide above, it might be useful to note the following.

Once your doctor has issued the online prescription, you will receive the details to your phone and/or email:

To your mobile phone, in which case you will receive the prescription barcode, and the duration of validity.
To your email, in which case you will see the prescription barcode, the duration of validity, the diagnosis, and the medicines prescribed.

When you visit the pharmacist, he will access the prescription details using the barcode number you give him. If you've managed to lose the barcode number, he can look up the prescription using your AMKA number. In this case you will get a confirmation code to your mobile and/or email. You then need to give the confirmation code to the pharmacist so he can actually access the prescription. Obviously easier if you don't lose the barcode number...

When the pharmacy has filled the prescription you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile and/or email.

It is unclear whether once you have registered for online prescriptions all your subsequent prescriptions will be issued this way, or whether it is between you and your doctor whether on a particular occasion the prescription will be issued electronically or in the traditional paper form.

Goes without saying that everyone will be doing things differently and/or denying all knowledge of any such system.

Andrew

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:58 pm

It sounds like you have gone through the process, Andrew? If so, is your doctor one that charges for issuing prescriptions and if so how did you pay?

Warwick

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:51 am

Kilkis wrote:It sounds like you have gone through the process, Andrew? If so, is your doctor one that charges for issuing prescriptions and if so how did you pay?

Sorry, no idea. I've registered, and my other comments are all from the government guidance notes. I don't have any regular meds, so I probably won't find out about the payment side for some time. It's a good question though. I suspect that would be pretty much between you and the doctor.

Andrew

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:52 pm

If, like me, you balked at the idea of fighting your way through some on-line process to renew prescriptions, you may be interested in our latest experience. Today was the first time it had become necessary to renew existing prescriptions.

A phone call to the health centre in Vamos drew the advice that on no account could we visit them. We were told to go to the 'microbiolocial lab' in Kalyves to get the prescriptions.

As luck would have it, I needed to call in on Dr. Fountalakis, the cardiologist in Kalyves and he laughed at the Health Centre advice. No, they don't do prescriptions at the microbiology lab. He told us to go to the two doctors just across the road. Which we did. No problem. Almost expected and the cost appeared to be €5 per prescription. We were able to get prescriptions for 3 months. It could, possibly, just have been a bit cheaper to go and buy over the counter at the pharmacy, but .................. Possibly not?

Hope that is helpful if anyone else needs to renew IKA prescriptions. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:27 pm

bobscott wrote:... the cost appeared to be €5 per prescription. We were able to get prescriptions for 3 months. It could, possibly, just have been a bit cheaper to go and buy over the counter at the pharmacy, but .................. Possibly not?

Hope that is helpful if anyone else needs to renew IKA prescriptions. Bob.

That's quite a good price, Bob. My pathologos charges €20 for 3 prescriptions, i.e. just under €7 each. Private doctors can issue a maximum of three while an EOPYY doctor can issue up to six and I don't think there is a charge.

You can calculate whether it would be cheaper to buy over the counter or pay for the prescription. With the prescription you normally pay 25 % of the full cost of the drug. If you pay €1.67 with the prescription then the full cost would be €6.68 but you have really paid €1.67 + €5.00 = €6.67, i.e about the same. So a prescription price of €1.67 is about the break even point. If you normally pay more than that then it is cheaper to get a prescription - if you normally pay less it is cheaper to buy over the counter. Being realistic if you are anywhere near close to those low levels then I am not sure it is worth the effort of getting a prescription but if you normally pay more then it probably is. For example if you usually pay €10 that is a true cost of €15, taking account of the cost of getting the prescription, compared to paying €40 without one. That's a saving of a couple of bottles of gin.

I think the SMS/email method was always seen as an alternative to actually visiting the doctor rather than a replacement. Some doctors have closed their surgeries so you cannot visit to renew. A friend of mine had an eye operation and needs to use eye drops for a very long period but the ophthalmic surgeon is not open for business. She can, however, issue prescriptions using the SMS/email method. Some patients might prefer not to go to a doctor's surgery if they think there is higher risk of contagion there and some doctors might prefer to minimise the number of patients attending. My own doctors waiting room is small. Given that there is a receptionist, any more than two patients and you could not achieve 2 m separation. Also everybody is touching the same, relatively hard surfaces with very little time between patients. One infected patient could pass it on to quite a lot of others in a very short space of time. Given the low level of known cases in Chania I suspect it is not a high risk but we weren't to know if that number would explode as it has elsewhere.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:22 pm

bobscott wrote:... He told us to go to the two doctors just across the road. Which we did. No problem. Almost expected and the cost appeared to be €5 per prescription. ... ... Bob.
Their standard charge, Bob. We rate both the doctors highly and I'm happy to pay €5 per three months for the service we get; pop in, say good morning to receptionist who prints out prescriptions and usually were out in five minute - ten if she's very busy. I hope you're not going to make a habit of cluttering up their practice so that long-standing patients have to wait longer to be seen.

Out of interest which doc did you see? Spetsotakis (Manos), quite tall/beard/looks fit/big voice or his partner, Giannis?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:31 pm

Out of curiosity is it €5 for three prescriptions, as Filippos wrote, or €5 per prescription, i,e. €15 for three prescriptions, as Bob wrote?

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 am

Per prescription. A single prescription with single or multiple items costs €5. Prescriptions for three months cost €5 each. e.g. I pay €15 for three monthly prescriptions, each with three items to be dispensed. As Margarita says, more succinctly, "It's €5 for each sheet of paper."

Return to “General Discussion & News”