FULL Lockdown Monday 23 March 6a.m. in Greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Carolina
Site Admin

FULL Lockdown Monday 23 March 6a.m. in Greece

Postby Carolina » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:19 pm

Just annouced on Greek news, Mitsotakis:

Full lockdown from 6 a.m, tomorrow Monday 23 March.

Exceptions for
- work, food shopping, doctors,
- dog walking, personal excercise - only in your area of residence

Everyone must carry Passport or ID card at all times and obtain a Lockdown Movement Permit.

FIne 150 euros for each violation.

Lockdown Movement Permit
All the details and forms are here in EnglIsh:
https://forma.gov.gr/en/

Houmeri91

Re: FULL Lockdown Monday 6a.m. in Greece

Postby Houmeri91 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:16 pm

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/0 ... -lockdown/

This article expands on the lockdown to a certain extent , we live in interesting times !

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:44 pm

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS FOR MOVEMENT ATTESTATION FORMS OR TEXTS (Lockdown permit).

Movement allowed only for specific reasons, which should be confirmed by a relevant form for the exemption from the traffic ban that comes into force from 6am on Monday 23 March 2020 in Greece & the islands.

In particular, the circulation of citizens will only be allowed for the following reasons:

(a) Transition to and from work during working hours.
(b) Go to a pharmacy or visit a physician, as recommended after communication.
(c) Moving to supply shops for essentials (supermarkets etc) where they cannot make delliveries.
d) Transfer to the bank, insofar as electronic transaction is not possible.
e) Movement to help people in need.
f) going to a ceremony (eg funeral, marriage, christening or similar ceremonies) under the conditions provided by law.
(g) Exercise outdoors or walking with a pet, individually or per two persons, in the latter case respecting the necessary distance of 1,5 meters.
h) One-time transfer to the place of permanent residence.

For MOVING TO AND FROM WORK during working hours, the movement certificate is fixed (type A) and is provided under the personal responsibility of the signatory by the employer, or in the case of a legally registered freelancer or self-employed, by themselves.

For ALL OTHER JOURNEYS, the movement certificate refers to each and every single movement (type B), is signed by the person concerned with his / her own responsibility and contains the name, date of birth, home address and time of departure of the citizen, as well as the specific reason for the move.

CITIZENS MUST HAVE THEIR ID CARD OR PASSPORT ALONG WITH A COMPLETED MOVEMENT CERTIFICATE (PRINTED OR HANDWRITTEN) OR A CONFIRMATION SMS IN ORDER TO SHOW IT DURING A CHECK.

How is the Certificate of Movement issued?

TYPE A : Fixed movement certificate for WORK
The following form is required for a standard Certificate of Movement (Type A) TO AND FROM WORK: http://forma.gov.gr/
• Free Worker Traffic Certificate (PDF)
• Free Worker Traffic Certificate (MS-Word)

TYPE B Individual movements
For individual trips (type B), you have 3 options: SMS, printed and completed movement certificate form, or handwritten movement certificate.

1ST OPTION SEND SMS
You can send SMS from your mobile to the number 13033 free of charge.
The SMS should be in the form:

X space bar name & home address

NOTE: X should be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 corresponding to the following reasons:
1) Go to a pharmacy or visit a doctor, if this is recommended after contact.
2) Moving to an essentials supply store, where they cannot be shipped.
3) Go to the bank, as long as the electronic transaction is not possible
4) Movement to help people in need.
5) Going to a ceremony (eg funeral, marriage, baptism) under the conditions provided by law or moving to a divorced parent or parent who is necessary to ensure the communication of parents and children, in accordance with the applicable provisions .
6) Exercise outdoors or moving with a pet, individually or per person, in the latter case keeping the necessary distance of 1.5 meters.

SO FOR EXAMPLE: taking the dog for a walk you would text:
6 YOUR NAME YOUR ADDRESS
SUPERMARKET TRIP would be:
2 YOUR NAME YOUR ADDRESS

YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RESPONSE:
Μετακίνηση X name address

2nd OPTION – FILL OUT A FORM
Alternatively, you can download, complete, and bring with you one of the following forms, as appropriate from http://forma.gov.gr/ (the website is currently down Sunday evening, probably due to excess traffic!!).
• Citizen Exemption Exemption Certificate (PDF)
• Citizen Exemption Certificate (MS-Word)

3RD OPTION HANDWRITTEN Certificate

The handwritten certificate must have the following information:

First name - Last name
Address
Reason for moving within the above permitted categories and destination address
Date, time, signature

IN ADDITION - Only 2 persons allowed to travel in any car and they must bothe have permssion forms of SMS text permissions each.

Please read, everyone, before leaving your house tomorrow and pass on the message to your non - Greek friends, who may not know about this or may not know what to do.

Thanks, stay safe.
Carol.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks for that, Carol. Tried the SMS route - worked first time. How long is it valid for, do you know?

Tim

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Good question TIm! Daily? hourly?

Any clue in the reply message?

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:30 pm

No. Just the word metakinisi appended to my original text. Hopefully it will be good for a shopping trip tomorrow morning. If not, it'll be a case of having to send it just before you go out. The response was instantaneous anyway.

Tim

Marooned

Postby Marooned » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 pm

There are copies of the printed forms at newsit, while http://forma.gov.gr/ is down
https://www.newsit.gr/ellada/apagoreysi ... s/2998837/

Jean

Postby Jean » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 am

"Exercise outdoors or walking with a pet, individually or per two persons, in the latter case respecting the necessary distance of 1,5 meters."
Apparently it should be near your place of residence. Has anyone defined "near"? And can you drive to your place of exercise / walking?

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:54 am

Jean wrote:"Exercise outdoors or walking with a pet, individually or per two persons, in the latter case respecting the necessary distance of 1,5 meters."
Apparently it should be near your place of residence. Has anyone defined "near"? And can you drive to your place of exercise / walking?

The aim is to ban people moving around 'απαγόρευσης κυκλοφορίας' except for neccessities. So near is near.. walk outside your front door, don't drive somewhere to walk.

There are some videos on You Tube & Twitter of Italian Mayors getting angry with the population. In this first video a mayor makes a point about people going out running and that people should NOT be going out everyday for groceries and cigarettes, go every 10 days and don't put yourselves at risk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYTIEcZFsz8

Then there's a compilation of Italian Mayors losing it at people violating quarantine... gives a real sense of their anger and frustrations... and dog walkers get a couple of mentions too..
https://twitter.com/protectheflames/sta ... 4782669824

We need to take it all very seriously #menoumespiti

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 am

Can anyone direct me to a form in English please? I saw it last night somewhere but can’t remember where :roll:
Someday is now : )

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:41 am

I am 79 years old and diabetic with a pacemaker. THat I think makes me vulnerable and in the UK I would be compelled to stay at home. Do the regulations in Greece prevent me from walking around my local area if I have a completed form?

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:45 am

Tim my understanding is one sms code = one trip, a new one needed each time you go out. If you have stated x to the supermarket, whatever that journey takes in time...if you were to get stopped and show your code and id, I would presume that you’d be asked where you live and time taken would be taken into consideration in view of that. Just my interpretation.

solitude1

Postby solitude1 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:47 am

Hi Ying&Yang
try keeptalkinggreece.com

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 am

Yin&Yang wrote:Can anyone direct me to a form in English please? I saw it last night somewhere but can’t remember where :roll:

CERTIFICATE FOR CITIZENS MOVEMENT EXCLUSION

PART A

Signatory:

Date of birth:

Address:

Travel Time:

I declare that my move relates to the following reason:
(Note X in the corresponding box of Part B.)

PART B

[ ] B1 Go to a pharmacy or visit a doctor if recommended
after relevant communication.
[ ] B2 Switch to commodities supply store first
emergency, where they cannot be dispatched.
[ ] B3 Go to the bank, as long as the electronic is not possible transaction.
[ ] B4 Movement to help people in need.
[ ] B5 Going to a ceremony (eg funeral, marriage, christening) under the conditions that
provides for the law or the transition of divorced or divorced parents the dimension necessary to ensure parental communication; and children, in accordance with the provisions in force.
[ ] B6 Short commute, near my home, for personal use exercise (excluding any collective sporting activity) or for pet needs. 

Place

Signature

Date

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:56 am

Thank you!
Someday is now : )

Return to “General Discussion & News”