FULL Lockdown Monday 23 March 6a.m. in Greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Yin&Yang

Re: FULL Lockdown Monday 6a.m. in Greece

Postby Yin&Yang » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:05 am

I am confused. If we fill out a form do we also need to obtain permission via SMS?
Someday is now : )

mouche

Postby mouche » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 am

There are three options:

1. filling in a special form on the government website forma.gov.gr ( Type B on the website)

2.send an SMS to the number 13033

3. writing a signed personal declaration that can be written on a simple piece of paper.

www.forma.gov.gr

This last option is probably the easiest for most of us. The paper must state:

Name

Address

Reason for going out - from the options above

Where you are going to

Time of leaving home

Date

Signature

You MUST have your id with you.

You must do this each time you go out

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:22 am

Anyone had trouble sending all i keep getting is a failed to send message. ??

altohb

Postby altohb » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:27 am

I gather it only works from Greek mobiles. If you are using a UK one you will need one of the paper options.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 am

There are three questions relating to the form:

1 What exactly is meant by "Time of travel" near the top of the form? The fact that one option is to use SMS and that would show the time of departure then the presumption is that is what is wanted on the form. The reason I ask is that I believe the form is based on the system in France and there you have to state when you will be back home. If you are stopped after the time shown you are breaking the rules.
    2 What exactly is meant by "Place" near the bottom of the form. My immediate reaction was to put the place where I was starting from but, since you are supposed to be at home, that would simply be repeating your address, which is already at the top of the form. Would it be safe to assume it is the place you are going to, e.g I use the pharmacy in Varipetro so I would put a cross in Box 1 and put Varipetro next to Place. The reason I ask is that the destination is not required on the SMS message.
    3 It is clear that if you make another trip then you need to complete a new declaration but what do you do if you are making a single journey for two purposes. For example I intend to go to the pharmacy in Varipetro and then stop at the supermarket in my village as I return home. Obviously I could complete a single form and put a cross in two boxes but that does not seem to be a possibility with the SMS method.

I am probably over-thinking things and I realise that most Greek policemen are quite pragmatic when errors occur but very occasionally you do get a jobs-worth. Anybody seen any discussion of these issues?

Warwick

altohb

Postby altohb » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:25 am

On question 3, it is my understanding that you need another form, but how this works with the SMS isn't clear.

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:27 am

Kookla wrote:Tim my understanding is one sms code = one trip, a new one needed each time you go out. If you have stated x to the supermarket, whatever that journey takes in time...if you were to get stopped and show your code and id, I would presume that you’d be asked where you live and time taken would be taken into consideration in view of that. Just my interpretation.

Well, not much the wiser. Sitia being Sitia and (happily) something of a backwater, I drove in as normal, shopped as normal and drove home as normal. Heigh-ho!

It would be interesting to see if 'permission' were granted if you sent the SMS to visit a supermarket every day. Would it be allowed?

Tim

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:31 am

altohb wrote:On question 3, it is my understanding that you need another form, but how this works with the SMS isn't clear.

I interpreted option 2 on the SMS as 'Shopping' generally; i.e. more than one shop if that were necessary.

Tim

peebee

Postby peebee » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:39 am

altohb wrote:I gather it only works from Greek mobiles. If you are using a UK one you will need one of the paper options.

You could try putting 0030 in front of the 13033, just a thought.

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 am

I am guessing the simplified SMS services is for authorities to get an idea of how many people are complying.

I personally will use the paper form and make sure it has my address and area I am visiting on it. If going to more than one approved destination I will put an X against each and the time as the time I leave. I can see no advice being given on permitted duration of trip except that walks/dog walks are "brief" according to PM Kyriakos Mitsotakis announcement on https://www.apokoronaslife.gr/pm-announ ... us-spread/ whatever that means.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:01 pm

I think there is probably a problem with trying to construct a single law that deals with all situations. I don't have a dog now but when I did it was walked for at least one hour two or three times per day. I now live on the edge of a small village and, if I wished, I could walk for hours without seeing a single person. I have friends who walk dogs everyday and the nearest anybody ever gets to them is shouting distance and even that is pretty rare. During the walk I would not need to touch anything. I would not be putting myself at risk nor would I be putting anybody else at risk. Transfer that situation to the centre of Athens or even Chania and it is a very different story. The degree of close social contact experienced during a four hour walk around the country lanes would probably be significantly less than that experienced in minutes in central Chania and seconds in central Athens.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Kilkis wrote:I think there is probably a problem with trying to construct a single law that deals with all situations. I don't have a dog now but when I did it was walked for at least one hour two or three times per day. I now live on the edge of a small village and, if I wished, I could walk for hours without seeing a single person. I have friends who walk dogs everyday and the nearest anybody ever gets to them is shouting distance and even that is pretty rare. During the walk I would not need to touch anything. I would not be putting myself at risk nor would I be putting anybody else at risk. Transfer that situation to the centre of Athens or even Chania and it is a very different story. The degree of close social contact experienced during a four hour walk around the country lanes would probably be significantly less than that experienced in minutes in central Chania and seconds in central Athens.

Warwick

True - you can't cater for everything as a rule. I am waiting to be stopped when walking and told that I am too close to my companion. What is going to be the reaction when I respond - 'Well, I spent all last night snuggled up to her in bed - she's my wife!' Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:16 pm

I went to the pharmacy at about 2 pm so they had been open all morning. She asked me if I had my paper with me. When I showed her it she burst out laughing and said that I was the first person she had seen this morning who had one.

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:47 pm

It looks like the UK has now gone into a pretty total lock down like other European countries. I am not saying that the details are identical but it sounds pretty similar to here.

Warwick

Jean

Postby Jean » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:04 am

It looks like there is now an English version of the lockdown rules and of forms A & B: https://forma.gov.gr/en/

Or maybe it was always there and I had overlooked it yesterday

Return to “General Discussion & News”