FULL Lockdown Monday 23 March 6a.m. in Greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: FULL Lockdown Monday 6a.m. in Greece

Postby Kilkis » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:23 am

I certainly didn't see it yesterday, Jean. I did my own translation and distributed it to some of my friends recommending that they fill in the Greek version using the English version as a guide as to what information to put in each position on the form.

Warwick

Howard

Postby Howard » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:45 am

Wondering what would be considered local for food shopping. I am in Vamos so obviously not Lidl, but Kalyves?

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:41 pm

Jean wrote:It looks like there is now an English version of the lockdown rules and of forms A & B: https://forma.gov.gr/en/

Or maybe it was always there and I had overlooked it yesterday

I think it has only appeared within the last 24 hours Jean. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Howard wrote:Wondering what would be considered local for food shopping. I am in Vamos so obviously not Lidl, but Kalyves?

I am not sure what difference it makes which shop you use? Wherever I shop I will get in my car, drive to the shop, get out of my car, do the shopping, get back in the car and return home. I cannot see any reason why I am a threat to anybody else or they to me when I am in my car. I have not seen any suggestion that the car itself will spread the virus as I drive on the road. The only high risk time, both from others to me and from me to others, is when I am outside my car and especially inside the shop. That will be equally true whichever shop I use. It is possibly easier to keep a reasonable distance in a shop like Lidl, with its wide aisles, than in small local supermarkets, which are normally quite cramped. A friend shopped at Lidl in Platanias a few days ago and they had a security guard on the door insisting that everybody used a trolley since that tends to force people to stay apart. He had tokens to give to anybody who didn't have a coin to release the trolley and he would not allow anybody in without one.

Warwick

PS The cynic in me slightly suspects that the supermarket knows that people tend to buy more if they have a trolley than a basket so they may not be totally altruistic?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:08 pm

You can view Nicola Sturgeon's Lockdown speech on Youtube.

Warwick

Mixos

Postby Mixos » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Brilliant. I had to play it twice to be sure that it WASN'T her !

chocaholic

Postby chocaholic » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Does anyone know if there is a procedure to follow to obtain repeat prescriptions from Doctors ? I haven't seen any instruction regarding this. Thanks

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:08 pm

There is discussion on this thread but no definite solution yet. I worked my way through the web site my pharmacist told me about but it was only for doctors and pharmacists to register for electronic prescriptions. Hopefully something will emerge soon. If it is urgent phone your doctor and ask them what to do.

Warwick

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:55 pm

Guy goes to the theatre but the tickets are sold out. He says; If Prince Charles turned up and wanted a ticket I bet you'd find him one. Theatre says; "Yes, we probably would". Guys says; "Well, he's not coming, so I'll have his ticket."

I don't think the NHS Grampian staff are laughing, working in rural parts of the country where health services are more difficult to deliver, as the advice everyone should be following is to stay at home and even NHS staff working on the front line of treating this virus putting their lives at risk do not get tested for mild symptoms.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Doesn't his son fly an air ambulance? Perhaps he could ferry him to a safer location?

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:46 am

Some feedback on the movement restrictions from a FB post on British in Greece:

Number 6 - personal exercise or pet walking
"has to be without car. Friends of mine were stopped on a mountain road (where they have a house) driving down to do their beside the sea regular walk. The police officer told them that number 6 meant exercise or pet walking without car".

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:58 am

I am not sure I understand the logic of that. If you use your car to drive to somewhere where there are more people to take exercise then clearly that is increased risk. If you use your car to drive somewhere where you will encounter nobody surely that is reduced risk?

I understand that they don't want people from high risk areas, like the centre of a city, transporting the virus to low risk areas, like the countryside. If, however, somebody lives in the countryside, but in a village, and they drove a few km to a more remote area where they wouldn't meet anybody surely that is lower risk than if they walk round the village where they are more likely to encounter other people?

Warwick

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:21 am

Banning of movement - lockdown. If everyone thinks they can just get in their car and go for a drive to take a walk in the counntryside or walk on the beach then there will be a problem. It's a question of numbers and policing them, surely.

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:26 am

I think advice is quite clear and common sense, stay at home includes walking dog, exercise, shopping in the area you live or as near for shopping and healthcare. It is about respecting other people as the virus will spread more by people traveling to places away from their home. Hopefully this is only for a couple of months and a necessary sacrifice.

jackdaw

Postby jackdaw » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:39 am

Regarding the threat posed by driving to a remote spot to take exercise, the reasoning being pushed here (borders of Dartmoor, proximity to beaches) is that your journey is unnecessary. If you were involved in an accident or broke down you would divert resources away from more pressing needs. I was looking forward to getting down to the coast for a session or two with the fishing rod. Its not going to happen!

Return to “General Discussion & News”