INGENUITY IN SPAIN

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
filippos

INGENUITY IN SPAIN

Postby filippos » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:10 pm

An ingenious Spaniard came up with a scheme to circumvent their regulations about leaving one's house/garden. It must have caught on and possibly been profitable because the Government has added it to their list of restrictions.

"Spain has banned the practice of renting out pets for walks to skirt quarantine rules."

The only aspect that surprised me was that no enterprising Cretan had dreamed up the idea.

Carolina
Site Admin

Re: INGENUITY IN SPAIN

Postby Carolina » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Not yet!

We are still allowed to go out for personal exercise so don't need a dog yet, but when/if the day comes when we are only allowed out to walk a dog then ....

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm not sure if the vast majority of Cretans could actually comprehend the concept of taking a dog for a walk? Obviously some do but to most a dog is an animal that you have near your house to bark. I know quite a few who open their gate every morning so their dogs can wander around in the street but that is about the limit.

Warwick

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:13 pm

We that more and more of our local Cretans are treating their dogs a lot better than when we arrived 14 years ago, it may the younger Cretans are influencing this change with better education maybe from school teaching or the media influence here in the Kolimbari area.
Dave H

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:26 pm

moved 2 crete wrote:We that more and more of our local Cretans are treating their dogs a lot better than when we arrived 14 years ago, it may the younger Cretans are influencing this change with better education maybe from school teaching or the media influence here in the Kolimbari area.

Georgios, the Vet in Souda, told us a few years ago that Greeks were beginning to follow-suit and take their dogs for walks. It is catching on. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Guy M

Postby Guy M » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:54 pm

Do you think you’d get away with taking a cat for a walk?

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:19 am

In Salisbury, UK, a dog and a cat were regularly to be seen walking a dog and cat together on leads. I have to say that the cat looked pretty uncomfortable with the idea, skirting the wall when possible. Didn’t panic though. Mine would have.

Return to “General Discussion & News”