Self certification permit?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
P&B

Self certification permit?

Postby P&B » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Has anyone been completing a hand written self certification permit (as opposed to the text message or printed form) and had it challenged by the police? I did hear of some incidents at the very start of the lockdown where the police were telling people that hand written permits were not allowed but I've heard nothing since.
I'm planning my first venture to the shops later this week and wondered if self certification will be ok or not.

Kilkis

Re: Self certification permit?

Postby Kilkis » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:16 pm

The printed form is also self certification. You download the form print it off and fill it in. You don't have to fill it in on the web site so there is no record of where you went and when. It's the same as the bit of paper but looks official. I downloaded the Word version and typed in all the stuff that stays the same, e.g. name, address, date of birth etc and saved it so I only need to fill in the bits that change, i.e. which box to tick, where I am going and the date and time. As long as you've got a printer it's just as easy as using a blank sheet of paper and more convincing.

The only case I heard of where a piece of paper was rejected was where the person had written it on toilet paper. I have also heard of people using the text message and have not received the verification for 40 minutes. I am not sure what you should do in that case. Do you need to wait for the verification?

Warwick

margarita

Postby margarita » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:31 pm

I would assume that not everyone has access to a printer thus the option of the handwritten note. Our printer chose last week to break down so we are using hand written notes or SMS messages.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:47 pm

We printed two forms out, filled the unchangeable information, like our names, in ink and the changeable information in pencil, so that we can erase and refill the same form. We’re only venturing out every 7-10 days and haven’t been asked for our forms yet.
Someday is now : )

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:53 pm

Yin&Yang wrote:We printed two forms out, filled the unchangeable information, like our names, in ink and the changeable information in pencil, so that we can erase and refill the same form. We’re only venturing out every 7-10 days and haven’t been asked for our forms yet.

Ditto. Saves on printer ink when it's not possible to go and buy over the counter. On-line OK as long as post continues! Bob :)
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Marooned

Postby Marooned » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:23 pm

I do a lot of image editing, so I made a digital version on my laptop, and I just fill it out and send it over to my phone. hasn't been rejected yet

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:01 pm

Marooned wrote:I do a lot of image editing, so I made a digital version on my laptop, and I just fill it out and send it over to my phone. hasn't been rejected yet

Sounds like a good idea. Just wish I knew what you meant!!!!!!!!!! Bob.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:07 pm

P&B wrote:Has anyone been completing a hand written self certification permit (as opposed to the text message or printed form) and had it challenged by the police? I did hear of some incidents at the very start of the lockdown where the police were telling people that hand written permits were not allowed but I've heard nothing since.
I'm planning my first venture to the shops later this week and wondered if self certification will be ok or not.

There is no reason why you should be challenged by a handwritten note - here is the Greek gov website info in English https://forma.gov.gr/en/#written

Just make sure it has the required info .. i.e.
Handwritten Note
The handwritten form must contain the following information:

Full Name
Home Address
Reason for moving within the above permitted categories and destination address
Date, Time, Signature

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:01 am

Since the downloaded form also requires your date of birth it might be worth adding that after your name on the handwritten form even though the official web site doesn't ask for it?

If you have a smart phone, Bob, it can display files like Word documents or pdf files just like a computer can. Thus you can download the official document as a Word file onto your PC from the government web site, complete the document with all the necessary information and then transfer it onto your smart phone over WiFi. If you are then stopped by the police you can open it on your smart phone and show it to the officer. I could imagine it being rejected by some officers since you could quite quickly edit the document to cover whatever you happened to be doing if you saw an officer approaching. I would also expect a form completed partly in pencil to be rejected for the same reason. Obviously if you are still using a steam powered mobile this is not possible.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:02 am

Warwick: " Obviously if you are still using a steam powered mobile this is not possible."

Got it in one chum!

Bob.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:02 am

I only upgraded to a smart phone from my old Nokias because I wanted to get a dual SIM phone rather than carrying two around all the time. I could have bought a dual SIM conventional one but thought that since I was buying a new phone anyway I may as well go smart. I mostly use it simply as a phone but sometimes the smart features do come in useful. For example I can phone or message several contacts in the UK completely for free using WhatsApp via WiFi. When I damaged my first smart phone by dropping it I could transfer absolutely everything from the old one to the new one simply by putting them next to each other. After a few minutes the new one behaved exactly like the old one. All my contacts were on it and any free WiFi services I had connected to with the old phone, e.g. in cafés, tavernas etc, were all set up on the new one. I am not someone who has his phone glued to his hand but I don't regret switching.

Warwick

Marooned

Postby Marooned » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:48 am

Unfortunately, neither the word or PDF versions of the document are enabled for easy editing (or with a system to input a signature), so filling it out on the computer is a complete pain. Unless there's a better version that I've missed.

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:04 pm

Why not just print out a copy of the form, fill in all details with hand writing except date and time and reason for being out, then scan and copy it several time with the remaining details to be filled out when you want to go out. I have found if you use the same ( say ) black pen on the scanned copy and when completing details after scanning that you can hardly tell the difference.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 pm

Marooned wrote:Unfortunately, neither the word or PDF versions of the document are enabled for easy editing (or with a system to input a signature), so filling it out on the computer is a complete pain. Unless there's a better version that I've missed.

I've had no problem editing the Word version. Where there are lines to write some information on, e.g. next to Name, I simply deleted the lines, typed my name followed by Ctrl-Space the requisite number of times and then selected the text and the ctrl-spaces and underlined them. It then looks like you have typed the information on top of the line. I already had my signature scanned as an image and saved as a Word document so I simply opened the document, selected the image, copied it and then pasted it on the end of the line at the bottom labelled "Ημερομηνία". I had to add some non-underlined spaces on the end of that line, about a dozen, to move the signature to the right a bit. Pasting the image opens up the gap between Τόπος and Ημερομηνία. In order to close that back to how it was I then selected the image of the signature, went to the Page Layout Tab, clicked on the downward arrow under "Wrap Text" and selected "In front of text".

I've not tried it with the pdf but it should also be relatively easy using "Fill & Sign". I normally fill in pdf forms this way rather than printing the blank form off and filling it in by hand. The Word version seems to work quite well on a smart phone because the Word App has two modes that you can toggle between with a single tap. One mode shows the whole form so that you can see it really is the official form, but you can't really read the text unless you expand it. The other mode makes it readable and you can just scroll down to see the details.

Warwick

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:57 pm

I don't own/rent a mobile and my printer went kali nicker before Christmas so I'm hand writing my certificate. I'm rather happy to have to re-practice my Greek writing skills :) (By that I mean there is always SOMETHING positive that can happen even in ghastly situations.).

Return to “General Discussion & News”