Important Announcement Regarding movement pemits

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Carolina
Site Admin

Important Announcement Regarding movement pemits

Postby Carolina » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Message on British in Greece FB page and further info from the Greek press link below

' Without wishing to panic anyone but forewarned is forearmed. Those of you with UK sims should think about getting a Greek sim pretty pronto.

Rumours are mounting that the next measure will only allow movement outside with an SMS and not the paper, as this doesn't show the time of departure. They don't care about the old folk not being able to send a sms message. In fact I fear this is the whole point of it - to keep them inside. It appears impossible to send (receive) the sms from a UK phone even if you put the country code in front of it. Some people are ordering online from Vodafone and getting the sim delivered by courier. Phone shops are also open.' ( Note their hours are currently 9 or 10.00 am to 3pm - no evening opening).

The Greek news:
The government is taking new steps and wants to prevent any relaxation of citizens ahead of Easter. Government spokesman Stelios Petsas. gave an interview on OPEN TV to give a taste of the measures to be announced in the next couple of days.

Unacceptable images on the streets, but also outside banks and other department stores, have put the government in mind, which has decided to take further action. As Mr Petsas pointed out, these measures, for exceptional travel, will mainly have to do with the time limit that will be put on citizens' exits.

"Such measures are to limit the time that one can go out, that is to say one hour, one hour for a particular commute, and another limitation that can come in is that one cannot go out for more than 1- 2 times for specific reasons, "he said.
These are the measures the government is considering and the announcements are immediately expected, as Mr Petsas himself said:

1) three-hour restriction of citizens 'movement,
2) restriction of the number of citizens' journeys,
3) time of arrival at bank branches,
4) abolition of written declaration and SMS-only declaration

https://flashnews.gr/post/421201/apagor ... -sto-13033

Kilkis

Re: Important Announcement Regarding movement pemits

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:08 pm

There have been reports that some people have only received the confirmation reply up to 40 minutes after sending the SMS. Do you know, Carol, if you can you go out as soon as you have sent the text or do you have to wait for the confirmation? If the latter when does the clock start if the time is limited?

Warwick

PS The paper form does require you to fill in the time you leave home so if you are stopped the police know how long you have been out.

BST

Postby BST » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Our replies have always been instant. Wonder why some are delayed?

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:38 pm

Kilkis wrote:There have been reports that some people have only received the confirmation reply up to 40 minutes after sending the SMS. Do you know, Carol, if you can you go out as soon as you have sent the text or do you have to wait for the confirmation? If the latter when does the clock start if the time is limited?

Warwick

PS The paper form does require you to fill in the time you leave home so if you are stopped the police know how long you have been out.

I read that the REPLY is your permission, so don't out if you don't get a reply unless you want to risk being fined.

The replies are all instant, perhaps there was a slight delay on the first day only.

If you don't receive a reply you are probably doing something wrong e.g the format (spaces) or address too short or using a non Greek mobile.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Thanks, Carol. So far I've only been using the paper form so I haven't experienced problems with the SMS personally. I think I read on the forum somewhere that somebody had waited for a reply for 40 minutes, hence the question. I've only been outside the house three times since the rule came into force, twice on 23 March and once today, so no big deal. I'll start using the SMS the next time I go out, probably in about 1 week, in case it has become compulsory and I haven't spotted it.

A minor comment but the SMS method doesn't seem to cater for going out to do two or three different things, in different categories, on the same trip? Doing that seems to fit with the idea of going out as little as possible and is possible with the printed form.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:38 pm

Kilkis wrote:
A minor comment but the SMS method doesn't seem to cater for going out to do two or three different things, in different categories, on the same trip? Doing that seems to fit with the idea of going out as little as possible and is possible with the printed form.

Warwick

I haven't tried it, but I've assumed that if you send two SMS requests using separate codes, you'd have permissions to visit, say, both bank and shops.

Tim

YoMo2

Postby YoMo2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:45 am

Apparently you can send more than one code in the same SMS. As in "2 3 6 Name Address" Has been done by others not me. And I've always had instant responses too.

Andrew

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:54 am

YoMo2 wrote:Apparently you can send more than one code in the same SMS. As in "2 3 6 Name Address" Has been done by others not me. And I've always had instant responses too.

Andrew

That's what we did on day one with our stone-age mobile, in fact we put both names as well a 3 activities, and the answer came back straight away. Been using paper ever since though! Do the SMS calls cost money? Bob
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Midlander

Postby Midlander » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:30 am

SMS to the 13033 are free of charge.

altohb

Postby altohb » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:14 am

Midlander wrote:SMS to the 13033 are free of charge.

It is necessary to have credit on the phone, though, otherwise it won't work.

Dinksy

Postby Dinksy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Can somebody who knows more than I do with mobile phones help please. I have a Greek sim in an older type of Nokia phone and can send and recieve sms messages but the phone is not a smart phone in any sence of the word. Is the phone suitable to send and receive the necessary messages if the downloaded form is removed from use? If not we are trapped indoors.

Many thanks for any help.
Never mind the quality, feel the width.

P&B

Postby P&B » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:30 pm

You don't need a smart phone, your existing phone will be fine. Give it a try :lol:

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:32 pm

The quick and easy way to find out is to send a message to the SMS number with, say, the relevant category activity number for shopping, or an exercise walk. If you get a response (normally virtually instantaneous) you know it works. My 10 years old non-smartphone works. Just make sure the message you send conforms exactly with the simple format needed.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:56 pm

Posting this again here so people don't have to search other threads for it -

The exact format for texts and categories is here:

https://forma.gov.gr/en/#sms

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:55 pm

P&B wrote:You don't need a smart phone, your existing phone will be fine. Give it a try :lol:

Echo that. We have antediluvian Samsung and Alcatel and they both work. Bob :D
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “General Discussion & News”