Solicitor

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Cruc

Solicitor

Postby Cruc » Wed May 06, 2020 10:51 pm

Can anyone provide details of a solicitor based in Chania area.
Regards
Cruc

Kilkis

Re: Solicitor

Postby Kilkis » Wed May 06, 2020 11:09 pm

I've found both Christianna Tsigaloglou and Konstantinos Nikolantonakis pretty good.

Warwick

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu May 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Nikolantonakis was recommended to us in 1998 and we're his clients to this day. Excellent lawyer, versatile, excellent/perfect English and 'all round good bloke' in my opinion.

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Thu May 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Thanks to you both will make contact. :D
Regards

Cruc

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu May 07, 2020 7:35 pm

Cruc wrote:Thanks to you both will make contact. :D
If you decide to go to Kostas it can be slightly confusing to find his office despite the helpful location map on the website. The Feidias building is behind a café (in normal times usually busy) on the street. You need to go through the alley in the middle of the café building. Once through just keep straight ahead past a couple of ground floor offices and you'll get to the lift where there are floor and office numbers.

jackdaw

Postby jackdaw » Fri May 08, 2020 12:11 am

Plus 1 for Christianna Tsilologue

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri May 08, 2020 11:34 am

jackdaw wrote:Plus 1 for Christianna Tsilologue
I think Cruc will be OK whichever he picks.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri May 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Perhaps some background would help. I have used three different lawyers in Crete.

The first one dealt with my purchase of a plot of land. She is now a Notary so not relevant.

Later I mostly used Christiana for official translations. I then asked her to check all my applications forms for an IKA pension, which I had completed myself, as I wanted to make sure I had really understood what was required. She spent about 30 minutes going through everything and refused to charge me. She also offered to come with me to IKA if I had any problems. I think Scooby also used her in a contract dispute situation and I believe you could say that she was "very forthright" in dealing with the other party.

I used Kostas to process probate of my late wife's will through the Greek court. Several years ago foreign nationals were constrained to follow Greek inheritance rules for property in Greece. A new law was passed that allowed foreign nationals to follow the inheritance rules of their own country if they wished. I believe Kostas was the first lawyer in Chania to successfully process the estate of a UK citizen who had died intestate using UK inheritance rules, which is why I chose to use him rather than Christiana.

I would happily use either of them again.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”