Nothing has changed on here then

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
mouche

Re: Nothing has changed on here then

Postby mouche » Sun May 24, 2020 11:38 am

Kilkis wrote:
mouche wrote:...And this bore all of a sudden got awfully quiet? :roll:

I'm not sure what there is to respond to, Mouche?

Then don't? If you can, that is! :roll:

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Sun May 24, 2020 12:40 pm

If you want a topical disctraction from all this nonsense, then Google "Firtash and Cummings". Now where's that TV remote?

Yorgo

Postby Yorgo » Sun May 24, 2020 5:27 pm

I fail to see any reason for besmirching a longstanding, solidly reliable (member) contributor to this forum whose only intention is to provide honest "advice" assistance to those who ask and this assistance is free. The fact said free assistance is deeply researched and thereby reliably informative is something which should be applauded.

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Sun May 24, 2020 6:11 pm

I heartily agree Yorgo.

Rick

Postby Rick » Sun May 24, 2020 6:26 pm

I agree also - so much information and advice provided by this forum member is intelligent and cogent. An example being the information provided in the Brexit threads regarding personal taxation which was extremely helpful and relevant.

SueA

Postby SueA » Sun May 24, 2020 7:24 pm

mouche wrote:
Kilkis wrote:
mouche wrote:...And this bore all of a sudden got awfully quiet? :roll:

I'm not sure what there is to respond to, Mouche?

Then don't? If you can, that is! :roll:

Mouche,

Are you related to Saddler and Kamisiana? Your styles are very similar. A lot of criticism but no real content.

shine on

Postby shine on » Sun May 24, 2020 8:29 pm

I want the subject person of discussion to be my ‘phone a friend’ on ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’, if he’ll accept....

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun May 24, 2020 9:26 pm

shine on wrote:I want the subject person of discussion to be my ‘phone a friend’ on ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’, if he’ll accept....

Well if the "person of discussion" is me, which I find hard to believe, I'll give it a go but be very careful what topic you choose, i.e. no ballet. Also, in the new format, they have somebody in the house with the friend, to make sure they're not Googling stuff, and I'm not sure they would be that keen on sending someone to Crete?

I like watching all sorts of quiz shows and that one is the one show I would love to have a go at. Many years ago, when I only had Greek TV, I used to watch the Greek version. The fact that the question and answers are on the screen gives you time to think about what they mean while there was no chance I could understand them as they were spoken. It was a weird experience. All the "easy" questions at the beginning were really hard to me as a foreigner because they were so closely Greek related while in the UK you would know virtually all of them without seeing the options. As the questions got harder they tended to become more international and hence easier for a foreigner to answer. Obviously they then became much harder as you got to the higher values.

Warwick

PS I do have a bit of a persistent cough. Would that exclude me?

mouche

Postby mouche » Sun May 24, 2020 9:32 pm

:[/quote]

Mouche,

Are you related to Saddler and Kamisiana? Your styles are very similar. A lot of criticism but no real content.[/quote]

Aren't we all? :lol:

shine on

Postby shine on » Sun May 24, 2020 9:47 pm

[/quote]

in the UK you would know virtually all of them without seeing the options. [/quote]

Yes, in fact I would prefer the show not to have the easy first five questions, starting the game at the £1,000 bracket is when the fun starts.....although I guess it gives me time to tidy the house whilst the first five are on. Loving Clarkson, albeit not a great fan before.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun May 24, 2020 10:16 pm

When the media doorstepped James May after the Top Gear punch up incident hit the news and asked if he would continue with BBC2 or stick with Clarkson he said, "Well he is a total knob but I quite like him". Sums it up really. I think he has been better than Chris Tarrant. I thought he was quite good but he was always a bit creepy. At least you know Clarkson is just going to be completely objectionable which, obviously, I can relate to.

Warwick

DJ

Postby DJ » Mon May 25, 2020 8:47 am

What a nasty piece of work you are Saddler. What a spouter of negativity. Go away - disappear and do your pathetic critiques somewhere else. We don't want you.

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon May 25, 2020 9:42 am

DJ wrote:What a nasty piece of work you are Saddler. What a spouter of negativity. Go away - disappear and do your pathetic critiques somewhere else. We don't want you.

Don't encourage the silly bugger.

Saddler

Postby Saddler » Mon May 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Alas poor filippos!

My post was not intended to provoke or even expect replies, but merely an observation on what the Forum has been allowed to become from when I first discovered it all those years ago. Nor did I intend to reply to any comments. However, thanks to the oratory skills of DJ I have now been 'encouraged' to do so.

''We don't want you''. Doesn't that just epitomise the evidence of the smallminded, insular, self congratulatory nature of the 'WE' clique on here. One member of the Forum has been castigated at least twice on this thread already without even directly replying to it! Obviously doesn't conform to the rules of hero worship. As for accusations from Rosalind of being rude and nasty towards the Special One (she's been a member since 2007 you know) I will finish with a message to DJ and a quote posted recently from someone, whose name just slips my memory at present, towards another member of the Forum who is also so obviously outside of the 'WE':

''You've obviously mistaken me for somebody who gives a σκατά what you think.''

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon May 25, 2020 2:00 pm

Saddler, why so circumspect. Why not say what you mean, i.e. "I think Kilkis is a self opinionated boring sh*t and I don't like him". See its easy. I am absolutely certain that there are other people who think the same. I am also certain that there are people who don't think that. It's called human nature.

There is no "in-crowd". There is no "we". It's all in your imagination. Either you're still living in the 1970s or perhaps the lockdown is causing you to be paranoid? People post comments that they think are relevant. Other people respond, possibly agreeing, possibly disagreeing or possibly adding something completely new. That is how a forum works. After the decades you have spent following this forum I thought you would have known that.

I have no problem with any member of this forum and that includes you, Kamisiana, Mouche, OurManInChania etc. You are welcome to post any comment you like, including about me if you wish, as is everybody else. I am interested in anybody's opinions on matters that interest me whether I agree with them or not and so I tend to respond to such posts. I have no interest whatsoever in anybody's opinions about me. If you go back and look at my post that you refer to, seventh post down in this thread, you will find that the comment I made was in direct reply to OurManInChania's comment, "A bloody smart arse patronzing tit you are !!!". If I quote a specific part of someone's post and then post a reply, that reply is to that specific part of the post, not a general response. Since OurManInChania only joined in March 2020 I thought he might not know that I don't care what people's opinions about me are.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”