Nothing has changed on here then

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kamisiana

Re: Nothing has changed on here then

Postby Kamisiana » Mon May 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Let us stop all this negativity in the next day or two someone will make their 11500th post an event that will be hard to match, maybe some of the followers would like arrange to stand on their door steeps and clap and bang saucepans for a few minuets (just a thought) 8)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon May 25, 2020 2:40 pm

Better still, Kamisiana, why not stop spending your time making useless snipes and set up an online fund-raising page on Just Giving for a Greek charity providing medical treatment to migrants stuck in camps in Greece such as Kitrinos Healthcare or any other healthcare charity of your choice. You could then make posts asking forum members to donate. A bit more useful than banging pans?

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Mon May 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Mon May 25, 2020 4:04 pm

mouche wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUusX1Js6R0

8) :lol: :wink: :wink:

Yorgo

Postby Yorgo » Wed May 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Example: I have a serious problem ref property tax can anyone help me. thanks?????
Kilkis: gives all the help one needs and literally resolves the issue and any worries the person had - almost on a par with a lawyer - but totally altruistic.
If Saddler finds this a problem (multiply the positive aid (Kilkis) by many thousands) then I am afraid such a fall in grace almost deserves no response except, that I, don't like people who "attack" others on the internet for no reason. I have no objection when there is a reason.
(snowflaking is not in my blood)

For the record: I don't like it when this sort of "debate" is framed - "let us all stop with this negativity" ...
Only Saddler is negative - a response is warranted and such responses are not "negative" they are necessary. It is not acceptable to allow people with Saddler's attitude, free gratis. He slated an outstanding contributor to this forum.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Thought this thread may have been put to bed, Saddler did not name anyone in his first post but the faithfull just put two and two together and got four says it all.
I would like to make it clear I do not know or have contact in any way with Saddler or Mouche or any one else on this forum other than posts, I am a total lone Maverick and have my own opinion, its a forum maybe PMs or emails would be beneficial for the more delicate members to keep things private.

IzzyWhizz

Postby IzzyWhizz » Wed May 27, 2020 3:06 pm

"It's such a shame that this once interesting and informative site over many years has been reduced to dominance by one gigantic bore."

IMO, it's such a shame that this "interesting and informative" subscriber who, I have no doubt, has helped many, many people over the years with his posts, should be subjected to this sort of criticism. Or is this the start of the totalitarianism of viewpoint which is rife in the UK today? God forbid! Let's all allow one another to hold an opinion and, if someone asks for help/info, then let anyone able to answer, do so. I don't recall you offering information when someone asks for it.

And as for another subscriber criticising those of us who use pseudonyms as either having something to hide or, worse still, cowards, I am just speechless.

Izzy Whizz

Clio

Postby Clio » Wed May 27, 2020 4:23 pm

Carolina mou, maybe a lock would be in order?

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 pm

Yep end this now

Maud

Postby Maud » Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 pm

I agree.

Jean

Postby Jean » Wed May 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Delete that thread please

OurManInChania

Postby OurManInChania » Thu May 28, 2020 12:50 am

Saddler wrote:As a once avid reader of this Forum i find it very sad that just about every thread on no matter what subject has been allowed to be dominated by one individual. If someone were to somewhere mention ballet, this individual would reply with paragraph upon paragraph on the optimum diameter of the tutu and the merits of the aerodynamics of different material for the shoe. I'm sure i'm not the only one in thinking there would be far more contributors if it wasn't for the fact that they know this self thinking superior being is not waiting in the wings to correct, admonish, ridicule or patronise their posts with unfeasible, limitless knowledge. Who is this individual trying to impress. It's the literary equivalent of having a fierce looking dog with a studded collar and chain or a sporty looking car with large exhausts. Just because you have nothing else to do than trawl the internet and then regurgitate pages of inane tedious drivel on any subject and send everyone to sleep is not, i think, particularly enlightening.

Think of the instances where said individual has started threads in the expectation that someone will take the bait so presenting the opportunity of displaying their undoubted superior wisdom. There has even been occasions where the individual has answered their own posts, presumably because everyone else has nodded off. It is pathetic. When at one time it used to be an enjoyable few minutes to browse the Forum, i now find myself skipping anything that includes this persons moniker, which doesn't leave a lot else as practically every thread on every subject is infected with this irritant.

It's such a shame that this once interesting and informative site over many years has been reduced to dominance by one gigantic bore.

Anyone for Interkriti?

Exactly correct!! I knew you were talking about Kilkis/Warwick immediately! There's one on every forum!! Who's only purpose in life is to snipe and deride cos he has nothing better to do in his sad life! Very sad really!

OurManInChania

Postby OurManInChania » Thu May 28, 2020 12:52 am

IzzyWhizz wrote:"It's such a shame that this once interesting and informative site over many years has been reduced to dominance by one gigantic bore."

IMO, it's such a shame that this "interesting and informative" subscriber who, I have no doubt, has helped many, many people over the years with his posts, should be subjected to this sort of criticism. Or is this the start of the totalitarianism of viewpoint which is rife in the UK today? God forbid! Let's all allow one another to hold an opinion and, if someone asks for help/info, then let anyone able to answer, do so. I don't recall you offering information when someone asks for it.

And as for another subscriber criticising those of us who use pseudonyms as either having something to hide or, worse still, cowards, I am just speechless.

Izzy Whizz

Trouble is the info he gives is completely wrong!

OurManInChania

Postby OurManInChania » Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 am

IzzyWhizz wrote:"It's such a shame that this once interesting and informative site over many years has been reduced to dominance by one gigantic bore."

Izzy Whizz

Trouble is the info he gives is completely wrong!

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 am

Troll. Best ignored.

Return to “General Discussion & News”