Car emissions test

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Voni

Car emissions test

Postby Voni » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:32 am

Can anyone tell me what the implications might be if we can’t get back to Greece this year to do our car emissions test? Can we have it done the same time as the MOT next year? Will there be a fine of any sort?

ros21m

Re: Car emissions test

Postby ros21m » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:33 am

There will be a fine, but it's very small, around 10-15 euros.

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:32 am

Send your car keys to a trusted friend.
I am in the process of taking 3 cars, not mine, to the test centre. All three sent me their car keys.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

john4d

Postby john4d » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:35 pm

When my car passes its MOT the tester tells me any ‘advisories’, highlights the date of the next MOT and the Date of the Emission Test. Two years later when I go back for the next MOT they never ask to see proof of the Emission Test. Is the Emission Test Data held centrally?
There's no such thing as a bad taste joke

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:16 pm

I think a lot of data is now held centrally. The police can enter your car registration number and find out if the circulation tax has been paid, it has a valid insurance policy and if it has a valid KTEO certificate. I don't know specifically if the emission certificate is stored centrally but if you are stopped by the police they will ask to see the KTEO certificate. If it is dated more than 1 year ago they will ask to see the emission test certificate. I have been randomly stopped by the police a couple of times, not for any offence, and they requested all documentation and they checked it all.

Warwick

ros21m

Postby ros21m » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:23 am

Announced yesterday, that there will be no fines for people straned abroad, who cannot get their KTEO. You will need to supply evidence, flight ticket/ferry ticket etc.
https://www.neakriti.gr/article/ellada- ... c.facebook

Return to “General Discussion & News”