E-paravolo - how to pay?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: E-paravolo - how to pay?

Postby Kilkis » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:37 am

Yes Jean, you can pay at ELTA post offices. A google translation from page 13 of the guide:

5. Payment of e-Fee
    Immediate payment (e-payment immediately available) is supported by banks:
    - ALPHA BANK
    - NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE
    - EUROBANK
    - BANK OF ATTICA
    - PIRAEUS BANK
    The rest of the banks and ELTA support the deferred payment (e-fee available after 1-2 working days).
    For payment by credit, debit or prepaid card (e-fee is immediately available), only cards issued by Greek Banks can be used.
    To pay the e-fee from a foreign bank, it must be done by transfer of capital through the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)

I honestly don't know what could be easier than walking up to a counter, handing the person behind the counter a piece of paper and some cash and getting the paper, duly receipted, handed back. It's like buying a tube of Smarties in a mini-market.

Warwick

Jean

Postby Jean » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:41 am

I honestly don't know what could be easier than walking up to a counter, handing the person behind the counter a piece of paper and some cash and getting the paper, duly receipted, handed back. It's like buying a tube of Smarties in a mini-market.

That's what I remember. But I doubted my memory of it all when I read lDm's pretty complex "most efficient (easiest & quickest) way to pay it"

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:54 am

Kilkis wrote:Yes Jean, you can pay at ELTA post offices. A google translation from page 13 of the guide:

5. Payment of e-Fee
    Immediate payment (e-payment immediately available) is supported by banks:
    - ALPHA BANK
    - NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE
    - EUROBANK
    - BANK OF ATTICA
    - PIRAEUS BANK
    The rest of the banks and ELTA support the deferred payment (e-fee available after 1-2 working days).
    For payment by credit, debit or prepaid card (e-fee is immediately available), only cards issued by Greek Banks can be used.
    To pay the e-fee from a foreign bank, it must be done by transfer of capital through the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
Warwick

I was able to make an immediate over the counter cash e-payment at Bank of Chania.

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:39 am

Tim wrote:...I was able to make an immediate over the counter cash e-payment at Bank of Chania.

Tim

Yes, handing over the cash and getting the receipted e-Paravolo back is immediate. Did you then try to submit the e-Paravolo immediately? By that I mean did you drive straight from the bank to whichever government department you were paying and did they accept it immediately?

I suspect that for some things it doesn't matter. For example when you apply to renew your driving licence it doesn't really matter if the e-Paravolo isn't fully valid when you hand it over because the whole process is going to take several months so they could easily reject the application if for some reason they didn't get the money. For other things, however, you are paying some government department to issue you with some document on the spot. If you paid the e-Paravolo in cash at one of the banks listed as "other" or at ELTA and went immediately to the government department I suspect they would not issue the document for 2 days. I don't know for sure, since I have never done it, but that is my interpretation of the guidance notes.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:51 am

I suspect you're right. My e-paravolo payment was part of an ongoing process, so although I paid on the day, the document still has yet to be issued and, in theory, could be delayed if the government department somehow felt they hadn't had their money.

Tim

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Kilkis wrote:Yes Jean, you can pay at ELTA post offices. A google translation from page 13 of the guide:

Warwick

Dead easy, unless your local bank closed down 2 years ago and the nearest is a 30 minute drive and inevitably has a long queue. Easy at ELTA unless yours has been reduced to 2 days opening per week, and even those aren't reliable. Not easy if both of those difficulties are true and you really need to get your skates on to pay it asap.

If only the e-paravolo bill had been issued with a code for online payment. Gasp!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:52 pm

GlennB wrote:...If only the e-paravolo bill had been issued with a code for online payment. Gasp!

As far as I can see you can pay an already generated e-Paravolo using the payment code on the form using online banking or go directly to your on-line banking and pay the fees without creating a separate e-Paravolo.

At Alpha bank you go to New Transactions then Greek Public Sector. Near the bottom of the list there is "e-Administrative Fee-Payment" if you already have the e-Paravolo and "e-Administrative Fee-Issue & Payment" if you want to start from scratch. In the first case you simply enter the payment code on the existing e-Paravolo. In the second case you select the fee code, i.e. 28 for the €30 fee for printing a driving licence, 23 for the €50 fee to renew a car category and 65 for the €18 fee to renew a motorbike category. They even give you a search engine to find the right code.

It may not apply to all administrative fees.

Warwick

Jean

Postby Jean » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:32 pm

As far as I can see you can pay an already generated e-Paravolo using the payment code on the form using online banking

Just checked with my NBG account and you can pay e-paravolo online

GlennB

Postby GlennB » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:26 pm

There is no payment code on the form. There are various 'codes' on it, my postcode, my IBAN in case of a refund, my mobile number and my AFM. That's it. No e-banking 3-part code. Nada.

The authority in this case is the Athens office in charge of issuing CITES certificates for the export of certain animals. They have been bastards about this all along, but I've mentioned this already so never mind.

Fare ye well ;)

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:43 pm

As I posted:

Kilkis wrote:...It may not apply to all administrative fees...

Warwick

PS there is a group of people who have made it their business to screw up everything to do with the export of animals, although I have no idea why. They have been active for many years. They mainly rely on conspiracy theories and out and out lies. For example they claim that animal welfare organisations who find homes for stray animals in other countries are doing so for profit and they are being sold for vivisection. They are extremely well connected in high places. They wield immense power. In my opinion, Greece would be a much better place if they were eradicated from the face of the Earth. Perhaps a crowd funding campaign could be used to persuade November 17 or Rubicon to take on the job?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Could you post what the administrative fee type is, i.e "Τύπος Παραβόλου". That should be on the e-Paravolo somewhere, e.g the fourth item down? It will probably be a 4 digit number in square brackets followed by some words.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”