Visiting the Electricity offices

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Ceegee

Visiting the Electricity offices

Postby Ceegee » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi, does anyone know if the Electricity office in Rethymnon is open to the public during the COVID crisis? I am coming to Crete from the UK at the end of the month and I need to get the address changed on my electricity bill to my post box. It’s currently being sent to my exlawyers office address and despite several requests to the lawyer to change it for me, it still hasn’t been done so thought I would do it myself. Any advice appreciated.

Kilkis

Re: Visiting the Electricity offices

Postby Kilkis » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:31 pm

In theory you can change the mailing address of your bill using this online form. No idea if it works but perhaps worth a try before you come? You will need to scan your passport and the paper they issued at the tax office showing your ΑΦΜ when you registered. Set your scanner resolution not too high or the file size might be too big. I would guess they will accept pdf or jpg but they don't actually say. I would imagine there will be a problem if you have renewed your passport since you started the contract as they will have your old passport on their files.

At the very least it will get you in touch with them. Another route would be to phone +30 211 211 0770 from abroad or 11770 when you get to Crete. Alternatively you could email them with a general enquiry about visiting the store at info@dei.com.gr If you want to be more specific you could use their contact form but that pretty much works on the same principle as the online change of address.

For some stores, not Rethymnon, they have an online system for booking an appointment so at least the stores seem to be open at the moment. Given the rise in infection rate how long that will continue is anyone's guess. I hear lots of rumours about another lockdown starting in early September but how accurate they are I have no idea.

Warwick

Peter W

Postby Peter W » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:43 pm

The office was open when I visited a couple of weeks ago.

Ceegee

Postby Ceegee » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:35 pm

Thank you for all the useful information regarding the electricity office in Rethymnon. I will probably have to visit the office in person as I think I have renewed my passport since setting up the account. I have emailed them to check whether an appointment is necessary. Thank you again for your replies.

solitude1

Postby solitude1 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:02 pm

Don`t forget to take everything with you including your inside leg measurement.
Good luck.

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:34 pm

solitude1 wrote:Don`t forget to take everything with you including your inside leg measurement.
Good luck.

And your cousin Manolis ....

Return to “General Discussion & News”