Covid/Vit D

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
TweetTweet

Covid/Vit D

Postby TweetTweet » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:53 pm

"Effect of Calcifediol Treatment and best Available Therapy versus best Available Therapy on Intensive Care Unit Admission and Mortality Among Patients Hospitalized for COVID-19: A Pilot Randomized Clinical study"

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub

Kilkis

Re: Covid/Vit D

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:26 pm

There again from the BMJ Best Practise Report on Emerging Treatments:

The UK National Institute for Health and Care Excellence states that while there is no evidence to support taking vitamin D specifically to prevent or treat COVID-19, it does recommend that all people should take a vitamin D supplement daily as per UK government advice to maintain bone and muscle health during the pandemic, especially if they are not getting enough sun exposure due to shielding or self-isolating.[687] The National Institutes of Health guidelines panel states that there is insufficient data to recommend either for or against vitamin D.

Warwick

BST

Postby BST » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:13 am

I was advised by a Doctor here to take high dose vit D3 a few years ago. When I said I was surprised, he said after a certain age, 50ish, your body doesn't synthesise Vit D from the sun. I've not had a cold, sore throat etc since then not that I got many anyway. However, I used to always catch something when I traveled by plane and I don't now.
I suggested a relative try D3 as she always spends the winter with colds and bronchitis. In the last four years she hasn't had the slightest sniffle! As there are no side effects, it's worth trying!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:16 am

I also take Vitamin D supplement, BST. I think there is evidence that it helps the immune system. I am not anti Vitamin D. I posted the BMJ link because there are lots of article kicking around that says that therapy X, Y or Z proved effective in treating COVID-19. In the case of Vitamin D the jury is out. The BMJ article reviews a large number of such treatments.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:28 am

BST wrote:I was advised by a Doctor here to take high dose vit D3 a few years ago. When I said I was surprised, he said after a certain age, 50ish, your body doesn't synthesise Vit D from the sun.

At the age of 70 only about 25% compared to age 20!

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:36 am

BST

Postby BST » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 pm

TweetTweet wrote:https://youtu.be/V8Ks9fUh2k8

Incredible!! Thanks for posting that.

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:34 pm

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:41 am

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:43 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/...- ... -fear.html

"Animals Committee (NARPAC) was formed.

It drafted a notice: Advice to Animal Owners. The pamphlet said: ‘If at all possible, send or take your household animals into the country in advance of an emergency.’ It concluded: ‘If you cannot place them in the care of neighbours, it really is kindest to have them destroyed.’

It indicated pets would not be allowed in public air-raid shelters, and featured a do-it-yourself guide to putting animals down. This advice was printed in newspapers and announced on the BBC.

People panicked and obeyed in terror. Though animal charities and vets opposed the cull, as many as 750,000 British pets were killed in just one week. It was reported that some mobs became hysterical, insisting Fido and Tiddles were taken away to the slaughter.

Government was instrumental in this massacre. MI5 agents were set to watch animal rights activists, an anti-dog hate campaign was sponsored and the Government sanctioned the criminal prosecutions of cat owners for giving their pets saucers of milk.

What happened to the mentality of this alleged nation of animal lovers? Why did people think they were doing their patriotic duty by queuing up to hand over their pets to be killed, or dumping them in sacks? Fear happened, that’s what. People were terrified of food shortages, air-raid sirens, bombs, Hitler — everything. That fear deprived them of any ability to question the cruel and, historians agree, totally unnecessary policy and say, ‘No’.

You may think this horrible story has nothing to do with our current situation, but you would be wrong. Both concern a nation in the grip of panic and no longer able to distinguish acceptable diktats from those which will do actual harm.

Would you kill your dog if you were told it just might carry the virus? Would you condemn your very old parents to house arrest with no visitors — no matter how much distress it caused them?

Would you wish your daughter to endure labour alone, when there is no logical reason why a masked and scrubbed partner could not be present? Will you obey a kind of Sophie’s Choice and decide which of your children to banish on Christmas Day?

If the answer to any of the above is ‘Yes’ then I will say, not in anger but in sorrow, that we as a nation have surely never been so ‘frit’"

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:49 am

If people cannot see the serious flaws in the arguments put forward by Ivor Cummins in your previous link, TweetTweet, and allow themselves to be influenced by them then I will say, not in anger but in sorrow, that we as a nation have surely never been so ignorant of scientific methodology nor had such a poor ability to understand scientific data.

Warwick

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:34 pm

"A group of over 500 medical doctors in Germany called ‘Doctors for Information’ made a shocking statement during a national press conference: (1)

‘The Corona panic is a play. It's a scam. A swindle. It's high time we understood that we're in the midst of a global crime.’

This large group of medical experts publishes a medical newspaper on 500,000 copies every week, to inform the public about the massive misinformation in the mainstream media. They also organize mass protests in Europe, like the one on August 29, 2020 where 12 million people signed up and several millions actually showed up.

Why do these 500+ medical doctors say the pandemic is a global crime? What do they know, that we don't? "

https://www.stopworldcontrol.com/planned/#

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:28 pm

Thanks for posting that, TweetTweet. I do love to read a good crackpot conspiracy theory from time to time, where a load of unrelated cherry-picked 'facts' are shoehorned into supporting a whacky theory.

I'd just like to know one thing: If the pandemic is a hoax, then how is Bill Gates going to sell his vaccine to everybody in the world? What are they being vaccinated against? How can a vaccine be developed and administered if Covid-19 doesn't exist?

I'm off to make a tinfoil hat.

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Fair play to TweetTweet, Tim, this a perfectly constructed thread.

First he starts with a scientific study. I have some issues with it but science is never cut and dried so I simply posted an alternative scientific view and let everybody make their minds up.

He moves on to a Youtube video by a contrarian doctor who has posted many contrarian views on COVID-19. Again I have some issues but he does seem to make carefully considered arguments and in many areas I am contrarian myself so I let that one go.

He then moves on to a Youtube video that is straight from the Christopher Monckton play book. Find some real science, extract some carefully chosen data from that science and use it completely incorrectly to prove the exact opposite of what the science intended/demonstrates. I commented briefly on that one but I really couldn't be bothered to completely deconstruct it and point out all the fallacies in it.

Finally, in his latest presentation, he goes full Loony Tunes Conspiracy Theory. They are always impossible to really challenge because the people who believe in them will continue to believe in them whatever you say. I will give you one very simple example, however, of how such sites work. If you scroll down a little you will find a heading: "Millions of COVID-19 test kits sold in 2017 and 2018". Below it is a table from WITS, World Integrated Trade Solution". That is a genuine web site. Have a look at this live WITS web page. If you look under the heading Product Code you will see 902780. Now look at the WITS table in TweetTweet's link. Under product code it also has 902780. Admittedly the TweetTweet table is for 2017 and the one I have linked is for 2019 but product codes don't change on sites like this. Now look at the description next to the product code on TweetTweet's link and the description next to the product code on the live WITS web page. It is clear they have copied a WITS table and edited the real product description, which relates to a very wide range of measuring instruments, with the words "COVID-19 Diagnostic Test instruments and apparatus". It is a fake table.

How much other fake data is contained in the presentation? A puzzle for you. The Espacenet table immediately above the WITS table, purporting to show that Rothschild patented a test method for COVID-19 in 2015 is also a fake. See if you can work it out.

Warwick

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:01 am

Kilkis wrote
That is a genuine web site. Have a look at this live WITS web page. If you look under the heading Product Code you will see 902780. Now look at the WITS table in TweetTweet's link. Under product code it also has 902780. Admittedly the TweetTweet table is for 2017 and the one I have linked is for 2019 but product codes don't change on sites like this. Now look at the description next to the product code on TweetTweet's link and the description next to the product code on the live WITS web page. It is clear they have copied a WITS table and edited the real product description, which relates to a very wide range of measuring instruments, with the words "COVID-19 Diagnostic Test instruments and apparatus". It is a fake table.

Excellent piece of detective work. It is possible to look at year 2018 and 2017. The same description is used as in the 2019 table. Defiantly proves that someone has been very naughty.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

Return to “General Discussion & News”