Piraeus - The Daily Withdrawl Limit

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
P&B

Piraeus - The Daily Withdrawl Limit

Postby P&B » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:05 pm

I logged into my Piraeus Winbank app this morning and found a message from 17th September in my InBox that reads as follows.....

"We would like to inform you that as from Monday 21/09 the daily withdrawl limit of Winbank instant cash will be EUR 200. The monthly limit remains at EUR 3,000.
The Winbank instant cash code is exclusively for your own use."

Has anyone else received this message? Does this mean I can only withdraw EUR 200 from an ATM rather than EUR 600 or whatever it used to be? Are there new capital controls? What is instant cash? What is a Winbank instant cash code that is exclusively for my own use?

Bizzare :roll:

Kilkis

Re: Piraeus - The Daily Withdrawl Limit

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Winbank Instant Cash is a Piraeus Bank service that allows you to draw cash from any Piraeus ATM WITHOUT a card. That is why it has a strict limit. You simply use the Winbank Instant Cash Code. As far as I know you can't use it at another bank's ATM. You can still draw the usual amount WITH a card and you can use the card at other bank's ATM's as normal, although then there is a charge.

Warwick

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:09 am

Just to belatedly support what Warwick says: I needed to pay a bill for just over 200 Euro in cash quickly and the only ATM I could access at the time was a Bank of Chania one. Using my visa card, withdrew 300 Euros with no problem.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 am

Just as an aside. I bank with Alpha. At the time of the currency restrictions, when we were able to withdraw two weeks' worth of cash at a time, I tried to take out the €840 which represented the allowance, only to have it refused as being above the limit of my card. I went to the bank and with a small amount of reluctance, they upped the limit on the card to €840. Problem solved. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:20 am

Things may have changed but Alpha Bank states that "The default daily limit for withdrawals is €850 per card." They also say that you can change the default by submitting a request using online banking, by phoning Customer Service, by e-mail to Customer Service or at any Alpha Bank Branch. I would guess the same is true with most banks although the detail might vary.

I checked my Alpha Bank account and the debit card ATM limit is certainly set to €850. The payment limit is set to €1,000. Both provide an "Edit" function which allows you to change it. The maximum for ATM withdrawal is €3,000 and I'm not sure for payments. As far as I can see you just enter a new amount and click on "Save". I don't know if it sends an SMS code as it does for most things as I am happy with my settings and don't want to change them. To access the settings go to Overview where you get a summary page which has a picture of the Debit Card under the account summary. Click on the 3 dots to the right of the box and click on "Security Settings".

It seems very easy, Bob, although I think I remember trying to find this under the old web layout and never did.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”