The young and healthy

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: The young and healthy

Postby Kilkis » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:51 pm

Yet another conspiracy theory video TweetTweet. I couldn't be bothered to sit through 49 minutes of yet more drivel but I did watch the first few minutes. Immediately you can see the fallacy emerging. In this one Tedros and the WHO are part of the conspiracy to control the whole world population through fear of a virus that doesn't exist.

I have watched a large number of the WHO press conferences and read many of their publications. From as early as February the WHO in general and Tedros in particular stressed that the ONLY way to contain the pandemic is through test-trace-isolate. Throughout history mankind has used the methodology of tackling infectious diseases by isolating the people who are infectious. Throughout history it has worked. When TB was a scourge in the UK people diagnosed with TB were put in isolation hospitals. People with Smallpox were isolated, Patients with Ebola are isolated. When I had chicken pox at the age of 26 I asked a public health inspector what I should do because I couldn't get a sensible answer from my doctors surgery. He told me to isolate myself for 14 days. It is standard medical practise. It is totally logical and simple. If you are infectious stay away from other people so you don't infect them until you are no longer infectious. It isn't rocket science, a 5 year old could understand it.

In the case of COVID-19 there is no easy clinical way, i.e. from the symptoms, to reliably diagnose who is infectious so we need to use tests. PCR was the first to work pretty reliably, although not perfectly, and has been widely used. Now new anti-gen tests are starting to be deployed that do the same thing more quickly. You isolate those who are positive, i.e. infectious, just as we used to isolate people who had TB. In this case only for 14 days. Wow! That is really controlling the population. Imagine telling somebody to stay at home for 14 days. Unbelievable. Since the disease is infectious without symptoms we also trace contacts who might have caught it from a proven infected person and tell them to isolate for 14 days. I mean as conspiracies go it is hardly earth shattering.

In every WHO broadcast that I have watched the WHO and Tedros in particular have stressed that restrictive measures like lockdown are NOT a solution. He has always said that countries should ONLY use them to reduce the rate of spread of the virus down to a low enough level to allow test-trace-isolate to be used effectively if they really have to. If Tedros and the WHO were part of a global conspiracy to control the population through restrictive measure like lockdown why did he consistently take this position? Why didn't he promote lockdown.

If the testing is not detecting the virus but just some random strands of something or other what is causing these?

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:00 pm

Wow TweetTweet, that youtube article is powerful stuff, takes a rather long time to listen to but worth it, wonder what will happen with all that. It isnt another conspiracy theory really, its a n actual legal issue and i think you should wade through it rather than ignore it. A lot of things will be found out afyer all this is is over and i hope people and companies are made accountable if it proves to be true.

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:33 pm

I couldn't be bothered to sit through 49 minutes of yet more drivel but I did watch the first few minutes. Immediately you can see the fallacy emerging.

What is that fallacy?

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:41 pm

chrissyg wrote:Wow TweetTweet, that youtube article is powerful stuff, takes a rather long time to listen to but worth it, wonder what will happen with all that. It isnt another conspiracy theory really, its a n actual legal issue and i think you should wade through it rather than ignore it. A lot of things will be found out afyer all this is is over and i hope people and companies are made accountable if it proves to be true.

I am not involved in conspiracy theories but *conspiracy theories/ideas* are one way (by asking valid questions) of finding out what (logically) actually might make some sense.

A closed mind WILL NOT SPEND A SECOND MORE THAN NECESSARY IN ORDER TO MAKE SENSE OF X,Y, Z preconceived notion(s).

Apart from anything else. I found it interesting to find a small esoteric tidbit about the differences between German and UK and American law! (will obviously have to go off and fact-check and then check the fact-check etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum!) :)

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:55 pm

Exactly, Tweet. it doesnt deny the existence of the virus, it isnt a hoax theory. It's accusing the phamaceutical companies and governments of causing what happened afterwards. You cant deny the existence of corruption and people that make a lot of money with awful consequences. Im reminded of the bankers before the crash and we dont always find out the truth until it is too late.

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:22 pm

Im reminded of the bankers before the crash and we dont always find out the truth until it is too late.

For me the pre world-wide financial crash (due to the American sub-prime mortgage scandal) was ABSOLUTELY SCREAMING, BUT I found it hugely hard to *understand* why what was going on was actually going on.

For me, this current covid-sars19 story is probably something that (humanity as a whole) might need! We cannot parasitically rape our mother (earth) and expect - well what might we expect?

Maud

Postby Maud » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:51 pm

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:17 pm

O no, not homeopaths, must be fake then! Lol.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Works for me.

Warwick

Jeffstclair

Postby Jeffstclair » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:00 pm

And me ....

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:20 am

Or maybe just that their people are more or and the UK is full of drunken idiots or dont like being told what to do.

Not full, but maybe more than its fair share?

chrissyg

Postby chrissyg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:53 am

A different debate maybe but i have always thought that alcohol is a pretty heavy drug and that the british people have a strange relationship with it. It is certainly not condusive to good behaviour necessary in a pandemic.

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:02 am

Eleni13 wrote:[color=#0000FF]Or maybe just that their people are more or and the UK is full of drunken idiots or dont like being told what to do.

Not full, but maybe more than its fair share?

Notable lack of comments on Margaret Ferrier in the forum who could have "potentially infected forum members family in the UK or Greek people living in the UK"
Unlike Dominic Cummings who drove north in a "private car" not an 800 mile round trip on public transport, a trip to parliament and multiple social events on the trip then blame confusing rules(lucky for her she does not have to follow the Greek government confusing rules) or then blame the effects of the Chinese Virus for her stupidity or is She just another one that does not like being told what to do.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:07 am

I do find it somewhat ironic that the people who constantly see everything that happens in the world as a giant conspiracy implemented by the rich and powerful, and those of us who don't are just blind to reality, buy into the Great Barrington Declaration without ever checking it's bona fides.

Warwick

PS Very simple, Kamisiana - she should resign just as all the others who broke the rules should have resigned. Some did - most didn't. In the case of Dominic Cummings, he was an advisor employed by Downing Street so Johnson could have sacked him for undermining government policy but he chose not to. He made that choice he owns the consequences. Pollsters have been tracking public confidence in the government throughout the pandemic and on the day the Cummings story broke it went off a cliff. It doesn't matter what anybody thinks whether what he did was right or wrong it did undermine public confidence in the government and that decrease in public confidence is resulting in more people not following government guidelines and that in turn is leading to an increase in the spread of the virus.

In the case of Ferrier, she is an elected MP. Nobody has the power to sack her other than her constituents. Nicola Sturgeon has made it clear she should resign as has Ian Blackford who has withdrawn the whip from her. I am not sure it fits within the criteria laid down in the Code of Conduct and Rules of the House, but in theory she could be investigated by the Committee on Standards. If she is found to have breached those rules in such a way that she warrants being suspended from the House for at least 10 sitting days or 14 calendar days then the Speaker could trigger a petition for her recall. If that petition gets 10 % of her constituents calling for her recall then that would trigger an automatic by-election. Obviously she could stand in that by-election but probably it would need to be as an independent not an SNP candidate. I can't see the SNP endorsing her.
Last edited by Kilkis on Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Maud

Postby Maud » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:29 am

Return to “General Discussion & News”