Mask or no mask

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
altohb

Re: Mask or no mask

Postby altohb » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:32 am

Jean

Postby Jean » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:49 pm

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... oronavirus seem to interpret it the same way as I did

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:53 pm

The Greek governments own web site also gives different descriptions for Tier 1/2 and Tier 3/4 which agree with your interpretation, Jean:

Tier 3/4 Υποχρεωτική χρήση μάσκας σε όλους τους εσωτερικούς και εξωτερικούς χώρους
    Tier 1/2 Σε όλους τους εσωτερικούς χώρους εργασίας Σε όλους τους εξωτερικούς χώρους με συγχρωτισμό

Which translates as:

Tier3/4 Mandatory use of mask in all indoor and outdoor areas.
    Tier 1/2 In all indoor workplaces In all outdoor areas with mingling.

It then goes on to give details of all the rules for specific locations.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:39 pm

No widespread wearing of masks outdoors in Sitia this morning. About 10 - 15% of people wearing them and nobody giving anybody dirty looks. It seems that the outdoor rule is indeed restricted to Tier 3/4.

Tim

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Tim wrote:No widespread wearing of masks outdoors in Sitia this morning. About 10 - 15% of people wearing them and nobody giving anybody dirty looks. It seems that the outdoor rule is indeed restricted to Tier 3/4.

Tim

wouldn't bank on it! Bob. :D
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:06 pm

I've seen other reports now, Bob, that say mask wearing outside is only a requirement everywhere in the top two tiers. In the bottom two tiers it is only required if it is crowded.

Warwick

shine on

Postby shine on » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:29 pm

I was in Chania all morning and estimate about 40% of the people outside were wearing masks, inside shops about 90%. Still many seem to be wearing them on the chin.

Jean

Postby Jean » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:00 pm

Got my answer just now. So far masks outside were not compulsory in green zones. But that's likely to change very soon.

"Μάσκες μέσα και έξω σε όλη την Ελλάδα
Ο Κυριάκος Μητσοτάκης αναμένεται να ανακοινώσει το μέτρο της υποχρεωτικής χρήσης μάσκας τόσο σε εσωτερικούς όσο και σε εξωτερικούς χώρους για όλη την Ελλάδα. Την υποχρέωση, δηλαδή, θα έχουν ακόμη και περιοχές που βρίσκονται σε Επίπεδο 1 («πράσινες») υγειονομικής ασφάλειας για τον κορωνοϊό."

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:58 pm

Yes, Mitsotakis made his announcement for new controls this morning. In terms of controls there are now only two tiers. Green and yellow areas are now tier 1. The changes are:

1 Masks must be worn everywhere both inside and out, i.e. not just where there is crowding.
    2 A curfew from midnight to 5 am, i.e. you shouldn't leave your house at all during these hours except in an emergency or if you have to work at night. Night workers need to complete a movement form.
    3 For companies 50 % of their workers should work from home if home working is possible.
    4 Universities must do 100 % remote teaching.
    5 No gatherings, although I can't find what constitutes a gathering.

Orange and red areas are now tier 2. The changes are:

1 Everything in tier 1.
    2 Suspension of catering and dining out, closed restaurants, cafés, bars etc. Exception: only take away and delivery.
    3 Suspension of operations of entertainment, culture and sports such as gyms, museums, cinemas, theatres, bars, cafés.

Unlike the first lockdown retail stores, production units, schools, hotels and hairdressers can remain open. Also travel from one regional unit to another is permitted. Personally I think the decision on travel is a mistake. Having different controls in different regions but allowing travel between regions makes no sense.

Warwick

shine on

Postby shine on » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:28 pm

Kilkis wrote:Personally I think the decision on travel is a mistake. Having different controls in different regions but allowing travel between regions makes no sense.

Warwick

You beat me to it, my thoughts exactly.

Return to “General Discussion & News”