New Lockdown

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Tim

New Lockdown

Postby Tim » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:51 pm

The Prime Minister has announced a new national lockdown for Greece effective from Saturday morning. No travel between regions and permission required by text to leave the house, as before. It will last for three weeks.

Tim
https://www.ekathimerini.com/258845/art ... infections

Tim

Re: New Lockdown

Postby Tim » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:21 pm

Authority to travel is the same scheme as the previous lockdown, i.e. an SMS message to 13033 or a written approval (Document B). Required as of 6am on Saturday 7th Nov.

Tim

https://www.ekathimerini.com/258853/art ... kdown-back

jane m clayton

Postby jane m clayton » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:23 pm

We were away from Greece for the first lockdown so need a little help. Where can we get a copy of Form B, in English if possible? I can't open the link on the main site page of LiC. Thank you

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:46 pm

This is the movement form in English as a downloadable Word Document. You really need to fill in the Greek version but the English translation will at least show you what you are doing. These are the forms from the first lockdown. The exact wording may be different on the latest form but the principle is the same. You can download the latest Greek version as a Word Document here. Having them as Word Documents you can fill in all the details that remain the same and then print it off. You can then fill in the variable elements with a pen. I only did three different things so I created three versions so I only had to fill in the date and time. I then covered that with Tipex tape and reused the form several times.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:50 pm

Kilkis wrote:This is the movement form in English as a downloadable Word Document. You really need to fill in the Greek version but the English translation will at least show you what you are doing. These are the forms from the first lockdown. The exact wording may be different on the latest form but the principle is the same. You can download the latest Greek version as a Word Document here. Having them as Word Documents you can fill in all the details that remain the same and then print it off. You can then fill in the variable elements with a pen. I only did three different things so I created three versions so I only had to fill in the date and time. I then covered that with Tipex tape and reused the form several times.

Warwick

We did something similar, except that we filled in the variable bits in pencil and then rubbed them out to change. Might not have been legal but we were never challenged. Then shifted to texting - much easier and quicker, especially if you save the sent items and just 'forward' them again with any minor adjustment. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

jane m clayton

Postby jane m clayton » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:59 pm

Thank you so much, really helpful.

altohb

Postby altohb » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:33 pm

The other option (if you have a Greek sim) is to send an sms to 13033 each time you want to go out. The format is:

Number of reason (as listed in the forms quoted above), space, surname, space, first name, space, address.

You will get an instant reply - permission.

Saves faffing about with papers.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:42 pm

altohb wrote:The other option (if you have a Greek sim) is to send an sms to 13033 each time you want to go out. The format is:

Number of reason (as listed in the forms quoted above), space, surname, space, first name, space, address.

You will get an instant reply - permission.

Saves faffing about with papers.

Yes, agree. Dead simple. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

johnincrete

Postby johnincrete » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:13 am

Is there a copy/paste method when sending an SMS? It takes me so much time to get my name and address right due to aged fingures so it would be great if I could copy/paste and SMS each timne I want to go out (shopping only)

Forsto

Postby Forsto » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:06 am

Yes, on an iPhone copy and paste works well, don’t know about other phones. There is also an App on the App Store called 13033 which once set up, allows you just to tap and it automatically sends the SMS. Again this is on an IPhone.

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:33 am

If you have an iPhone, press and hold open the previously sent message for a few seconds until you have the ‘copy’ option, press ‘copy’. Open a new text message within the thread and press and hold where you would otherwise type a message, until you have the ‘paste’ option, press ‘paste’. If you need to edit the message, i.e. a different reason than before for going out, then just change that and then press send option.
Someday is now : )

mrsbluenose

Postby mrsbluenose » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:34 am

For Android phones there are at least 8 apps on the Google Play Store, but I don't really see the point. It's far simpler and easier to simply highlight a previous message by pressing and holding for a second, then forwarding (sharing) it to 13033, editing the reason code first if necessary. No need to faff about with copy and paste this way either.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:42 am

There are Apps available for Android in the Google Play Store but as far as I can tell they are all in Greek so some might find them difficult to use. To find them you need to type Μένουμε Σπίτι into the Google Play search bar using the Greek alphabet.

Copy and paste is fairly easy on Android phones. If you have the previously sent message on the screen press and hold your finger inside the message and you should get a pop-up menu. It will probably have only selected one word but one of the options on the pop-up menu is "Select All" so tap on that, which should select the whole message, then tap on "Copy". Open a new message to 13033, press and hold your finger inside the blank text box and you should get the pop-up menu again. This time tap on paste.

I am sure there is a two finger gesture that allows you to select the whole message in one go but two of my fingers are about the same size as the screen so such gestures never seem to work for me.

Warwick

shine on

Postby shine on » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:25 pm

Does anyone know if the post office is still open, operating normal service?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:26 pm

Out of curiosity has anybody heard anything about the confirmation SMS not being sent out if there are too many movement requests already submitted in a particular area?

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”