Roll out of the vaccine in greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
STEVE.W

Re: Roll out of the vaccine in greece

Postby STEVE.W » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:12 am

I was told that if your passport number has changed due to a renewal, this has caused problems with people who do not have an AMKA, it could be worth looking into this. When you renew your passport you should inform your bank and the tax office (through your accountant) and I guess EFKA (IKA) etc.
Expat TV Services & Setup - PM for details

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:25 am

I suspect that this is the main source of the problem experienced by most people who are struggling to get an appointment, Steve. All methods of trying to obtain a vaccination appointment cross check information from different sources. The form on the Emvolio web site for people without an AMKA or with a non-working AMKA requires you to enter your passport number. If that number does not agree with the passport number stored at the tax office or on the AMKA system then the application will be rejected because you could not be identified. The same is true for the route using registration process for e-prescriptions.

Names that are spelled differently on different databases is another problem or using a different name. My mother had a long first name that is difficult to transliterate into the Greek alphabet but a short second name that is easy. When I first came to Greece I used her second name. Later as I got more used to Greek I started using her first name or giving both. I am sure that there is stored information out there somewhere waiting to come back to bite me. Even two first names in the wrong order creates problems.

Warwick

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:26 am

The emvolio.gov.gr platform has been updated overnight:

When you click on the button “If you do not have an AMKA please follow the instructions here”, some different options appear.

* Year of birth
* Do you belong to a vulnerable group
* Cause of problem

The ‘cause of problem” options shows more options such as:
* I am a foreign citizen in Greece with or without a residence permit
* I have an AMKA but I do not seem to be a beneficiary in the system
* I have two AMKA

Given the revised options, I will be submitting my details once more.

Peter W

Postby Peter W » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:00 pm

Has anyone without an AMKA number had any success getting a vaccination appointment using the emvolio.gr website?

Peter

Rick

Postby Rick » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:07 am

I very much doubt if anyone has had any success getting an appointment, using the emvolio.gr platform.

The following was posted yesterday by Charity Moschopoulos - her target audience are Americans in Greece, but the content applies to any foreigner living in Greece:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Last month, Greece passed what for many of us was long-overdue legislation permitting the country's legal residents who are ineligible for AMKA to obtain a temporary AMKA number in order to register for a COVID vaccine appointment.

While the new law has been published and ratified (here's the law in Greek; https://collab.lawspot.gr/sites/default ... 6-2021.pdf it's Article 248), implementation has been slow and uneven. Theoretically, residents without AMKA should be able to go to their local KEPs and apply for a number which should be granted on the spot. The reality is very different according to numerous reports from across Greece. Some KEPs are unaware of the new law. Others say they still await instructions from authorities and will not yet grant temporary AMKA numbers. Our advice would be to print out a copy of the law if visiting your local KEP for a temporary AMKA number, particularly if you're in a remote area. And remember that, under lockdown regulations, an appointment is currently required.

Meanwhile, Greece's vaccine website has very recently been updated. It's now possible to request a vaccine appointment as a legal foreign resident who is ineligible for AMKA at this page. Such a request should, in theory, result in the applicant receiving a temporary AMKA number and a vaccine appointment (assuming the applicant is in an eligible group), although there are not yet any reports of this process resulting in the desired outcome.

In short, the good news is the legislation has been enacted, but the bad news is that implementation is lagging. In addition, like most European countries, Greece is being challenged by a shortage of vaccines.”
https://www.democratsabroad.org/1301/am ... ber_update

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:41 am

I don't know if the following is any help to those trying to get an appointment for vaccination.

I have two friends who are in the 70 to 74 age group. When the appointment system opened for that age group at 18:00 on Friday one of them immediately received both SMS messages and emails allocating him an appointment but the other didn't. She had still not received an appointment today so I used the Emvolio web site to try to find out why. Even though she did not have an appointment I used the "If you already have an appointment follow the link here to view and manage your appointment." section.

I logged on with her TAXISNet ID and password and it came up with her correct details, including her AMKA number and ΑΦΜ BUT the spaces for her mobile number, her postcode and her email address were all blank. She had previously registered her mobile number and email address to receive e-prescriptions and had received e-prescriptions from a doctor so I do not know why these details were missing. When I tried to search for an appointment it said it did not have the correct details. I presumed that the problem was the missing mobile number, postcode and email address. Note that I did not need to use the AMKA number to log on. Anybody who has a TAXISNet ID and password could try using this section and see what details they have stored for them. If they are wrong/missing you could try changing them.

There is a control button that allows you to change your personal details so I used that to enter her mobile number, postcode and email address. When I then searched for an appointment it came up with a page where I could select a vaccination centre and then an appointment time. I did this for both appointments and it asked me to confirm. When I did that it immediately gave me a confirmation page that I could print out and it also sent the same thing both to her mobile and email address.

It looks like this age group are being given the AstraZeneca vaccine as the appointments are 12 weeks apart. It is also worth noting that the earliest available appointments are very different for the different vaccination centres. By choosing the IKA building on the Souda road my friend got her first appointment at the beginning of April. If she had opted for the General Hospital or the TOMY centre in Chania the first appointment would have been after 20 April. For people living to the west of Chania, they are also using centres in Tavronitis and at Kandanos on the road from Tavronitis to Palaiochora.

IMPORTANT When using the section of the Emvolio web site that checks for appointments the controls do not function correctly when English is selected. I found I had to keep switching between English and Greek. I used English to see what the page was saying and what each control button did but then switched back to Greek before activating a control. I could not change the personal details when using English but it worked perfectly when I switched to Greek.

I doubt if this will help everybody but it might help some who are not getting appointments.

Warwick

altohb

Postby altohb » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Not necessarily AZ everywhere. In this area there is a 3 week gap between appointments for the 70-74 group.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Yes, I can only comment on some of the centres that I checked out around Chania. I didn't mean to imply that everybody in that group would be given AstraZeneca, merely to point out that some in that group are being given it. Originally Greece was only giving AstraZeneca to under 65s. I knew that the government had revoked that decision, based on the efficacy studies in the UK, but I didn't know if they had actually started using it on people over 65. Obviously they are, which I thought might be of interest.

Warwick

trebor457

Postby trebor457 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:01 am

Followed your guide Warwick. Both wife & me 1st jab this Friday, 2nd 22 June at Tavronitis. Plenty of dates to choose. Only problem I encountered was email address, would not recognise my hotmail.uk one but accepted otenet.gr.
Bob

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:07 am

That's odd. I presume you did put hotmail.co.uk not just hotmail.uk? I don't use hotmail but my email address does end .uk and that was accepted. Also the friend I arranged an appointment for uses an icloud.com email address and that was accepted. Another friend, who got his appointment automatically, even has a sky.com email address so they are certainly not restricting it to just .gr addresses. Perhaps they don't like hotmail? It did die several years ago and although you can still use the same address it isn't really hotmail anymore. Perhaps that is why they don't like it?

Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:13 pm

According to this ekathimerini article the appointment platform on the Emvolio web site is going to open for the 65 to 69 age group on Friday. It doesn't spcify a time but based on past experience it is usually around 18:00.

Warwick

moggieman

Postby moggieman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:15 pm

Is there any point in vaccines /lockdown ?????

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/ ... -lockdown/

Jean

Postby Jean » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:41 pm

According to this ekathimerini article the appointment platform on the Emvolio web site is going to open for the 65 to 69 age group on Friday. It doesn't spcify a time but based on past experience it is usually around 18:00.

That's strange. I am in this group (just turned 65) and received my appointment (for April 11th and May 8th) by SMS on the 19th of March

Clementine

Postby Clementine » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:16 am

I think they look at year of birth which means one interrogation of computer system will catch all in an age group. Could well be very wrong but imho they would have to do the sums every day otherwise. Someone who knows about these things will keep us right.

Dinksy

Postby Dinksy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:41 pm

I know that the timing for the opening of the programme sending SMS messages is not 18.00 as last Friday I received an SMS at 08.38 informing me that my appointments were available for the 70+ age group starting next week. Looking at the problem of confirming appointments on line, we had to confirm by SMS as we have a UK ISP and a message kept coming up saying," Only available in Greece".
Never mind the quality, feel the width.

Return to “General Discussion & News”