Roll out of the vaccine in greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Jeffstclair

Re: Roll out of the vaccine in greece

Postby Jeffstclair » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:53 am

I had my Pfizer shot yesterday in Sitia ... very easy and in and out in 25 mins ... I got there early for my 5.30 rendezvous 'cos I was not sure where it was , It's in a large new portacabin in the car park to the left of the hospital... there was no one waiting ,so I went straight in . I got asked about my general health and if I took any medications ... then I got the shot, done very skilfully I did not feel it at all and they ask you to sit for 15 mins to see if you have a bad reaction ... This morning no side effects .. I go back for the second shot on the 10th..

Voni

Postby Voni » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:32 pm

FYI the emvolio website was updated over the weekend. Anyone who was having trouble getting their AMKA recognised for the vaccine should revisit the site and see if they are now eligible.

At long last we have been able to book our jabs...unfortunately a five week wait but at least now we know we have appointments. We assume the delay is due to the number of other platforms recently opened.

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:24 pm

It is still not working with my temporary AMKA, has anyone else had any success?

johnr

Postby johnr » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:35 pm

Now very confused. Our non Resident German neighbours have just walked into Perama KEP Office, produced their passports and received temporary AMKA numbers.
I telephoned the office, they asked my nationality and responded "you must wait". We have been 'waiting' for several weeks now!
His English wasn't very good but he mumbled something about "Brussels" and hung up.

jane m clayton

Postby jane m clayton » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Germany is still in the EU alongside, the UK isn't, that might explain it?? Or maybe you don't meet the other criteria. Hope you work it out.

johnr

Postby johnr » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:54 pm

Hi Jane,
We have met what has been asked for, Tax, ID etc. Registered through gov.gr website. EU or not it makes one slightly concerned that a Resident is put behind people who literally got off the plane a few weeks ago with nothing else but a passport.
Them maybe I'm being naive.
Anyway I'm sure that it will come out in the wash :D

solitude1

Postby solitude1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:53 pm

The KEP office in Perema is usually very good, the two guy`s
that are normally at the desk speak very good English, i would
try going in to the office and speaking to them instead of just
phoning them, you maybe surprised at what you can achieve.

jane m clayton

Postby jane m clayton » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:27 pm

That's good advice; if you go in person you can ask directly and if you have all your papers with you they can see them, copy them and/or tell you exactly what else they need.

johnr

Postby johnr » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:58 am

We've been to the KEP office and yes the two guys in there are very helpful as always. I only phoned yesterday as I had literally just been told by our German neighbours of their success and called to asked if we could have an appointment. First thing he asked was our nationality and response was 'you must wait'. I of course mentioned the neighbours just having to produce their passports and he responded by asking if we had applied via the emvilio site which we have three times and he responded you must wait and mumbled something about Brussels and hung up!
Not their fault, just doing the best they can.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:57 am

The Emvolio platform opened today for the 55 to 59 age group and will open on Saturday for the 50 to 54 age group, see ekathimerini. A friend who is in the 55 to 59 bracket received a text this morning.

Warwick

johnr

Postby johnr » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:06 am

Further to above. Perama KEP office have said today that the AMKA numbers issued yesterday to our neighbours were issued in error and apologised if this has caused confusion.
They have also stated that there are problems with the Emvolio website.
Although frustrating for us it must also be difficult for those front office people having to bat off demands when they don't necessarily have the answers.

Mathitis

Postby Mathitis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:17 am

Just to say/confirm that Vryses KEP also advised there is a problem with the emvolio website.
She said they are waiting day-by-day for an update.

Anyone know where to get a 'patience pill'? :roll:

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 am

Gordons make quite a good one in liquid form? Schweppes make a good adjuvant that enhances its efficacy but should only be added in small quantities otherwise it drastically reduces the efficacy.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:52 pm

Kilkis wrote:Gordons make quite a good one in liquid form? Schweppes make a good adjuvant that enhances its efficacy but should only be added in small quantities otherwise it drastically reduces the efficacy.

Warwick

You forgot to mention the lemon and the ice!

Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:57 pm

Mathitis wrote:Just to say/confirm that Vryses KEP also advised there is a problem with the emvolio website.
She said they are waiting day-by-day for an update...

Just for clarity, the Emvolio web site is still working normally for people who have a normal AMKA number. I have just rearranged appointments for my friend who got notification this morning. They were sending her to Kandanos between Voukolies and Paleochora. KEP must mean that it is not working for those with problem/temporary/no AMKA number.

For information, first appointments at Kandanos and at the IKA building on the Souda Road are virtually immediate but they appear to be still using AstraZeneca so the second appointments are not until July. First appointments at the General Hospital and at TOMY in Chania are not available until June but they appear to be still using Pfizer so the second appointments are also July. In terms of getting some protection quickly it is better to go to a centre using AstraZeneca. If you are more concerned with getting maximum protection, e.g. for travel purposes, then it doesn't really matter which you use.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”