Roll out of the vaccine in greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Voni

Roll out of the vaccine in greece

Postby Voni » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:10 am

9750 vaccines arrived in Crete on Christmas Day.

See below the planned rollout for the vaccine in Greece according to Apokornas Life

“First phrase.
health and social services staff,
residents and nursing home staff,
residents, patients and staff of chronic care facilities and rehabilitation centers; and
priority staff for critical government functions.

In the second phase, people aged 70 and over (regardless of medical history)
will be vaccinated. There will also be further prioritization:
people aged 85 and over,
people aged 80 and over,
people aged 75 and over,
people aged 70 and over,
patients with diseases that pose a very high risk of covid-19 disease regardless of age,
priority staff for critical functions state,
individuals 60 to 69 years of age (regardless of
medical history), patients 18 to 59 years of age with diseases that pose a high risk of covid-19 disease.

In the third phase, people 18 years of age and older without underlying diseases will be vaccinated.”

Cany anyone tell me how we access the vaccine if we can’t get an AMKA number?

margarita

Re: Roll out of the vaccine in greece

Postby margarita » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Voni wrote:
Cany anyone tell me how we access the vaccine if we can’t get an AMKA number?

I did see in a newspaper that you could ask at a KEP office or a pharmacy for help if you couldn't access the on-line system. It might be worth a try.

Edit:

This is the article
https://www.apokoronaslife.gr/?p=79527

The information I referred to is under the heading Appointment Scheduling

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:20 pm

The pharmacy in Almyrida told us this morning that we can go there to register for a vaccination after 10th January. AMKA number required.

Once that is done we wait to be contacted (by someone!) with a date, time and place to go for the vaccination which will NOT be the pharmacy. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:25 pm

Everything I have seen about the vaccine distribution suggests that it can only be done with an AMKA number. I don't know that for certain but I certainly don't know of another way to do it. It doesn't say what the text message needs to contain using the SMS method described in the article linked by Margarita but I suspect it will be your AMKA number. I think the suggestion to ask at a pharmacy/KEP is only to help with the process not that they have some other system for doing it. My pharmacist certainly has told her English patients to get their mobile number/email address registered on the AMKA system in order to get notified but she said she would help out with the appointment once we got notified. I can't see any harm in asking at a pharmacy/KEP as Margarita suggested.

There is an article on the LiC main web site explaining the problem with getting an AMKA number now. Briefly any non-Greek with a permanent residence certificate ought to be able to get one but any non-Greek without a permanent residence certificate probably won't be able to get one unless they are working in Greece and contributing to EFKA.

I am not sure what the situation is for people who don't have an AMKA number but want to register a newly received S1 Form. I know somebody who is going through that process now so I will report back. At the moment he is a bit stuck because they insisted on a copy of his birth certificate with an Apostille stamp and an official translation so he is working through getting that. He doesn't have an AMKA number at present but he does have a permanent residence certificate.

Warwick

daveB

Postby daveB » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:10 pm

I recently - November - registered my S1 and received my AMKA and IKA number a couple of weeks ago. I used Sofia in Kalyves and needed to supply my residence certificate [beige], tax form, passport and my birth certificate With apostille stamp. I needed to send my birth certificate to the UK for the stamp but this was an easy online process. Marriage certificates also need an apostille stamp if dependents are involved.
I was advised that to get 'just' an AMKA number the same process would be needed
Both the AMKA form [books are no longer issued] and the IKA form have my phone number on the forms.
I await the New Year when I need to renew them as there is some uncertainty of the new process. Hopefully it will be reasonably simple but .....

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:00 pm

For those who don't live in the Apokoronas area it might be worth explaining who/what "Sofia in Kalyves" is? A lawyer, an accountant, someone who works at KEP, other?

Warwick

Mathitis

Postby Mathitis » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:35 pm

daveB wrote: I needed to send my birth certificate to the UK for the stamp but this was an easy online process.

What exactly was the 'easy online process' and how long did it take, please/thanks.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:01 pm

This is the start of the online process to get the Apostille stamp, Mathitis. This is the start of the process if you need to get a copy of the certificate first. I think you can also get a translation although I haven't tried that.

Warwick

Voni

Postby Voni » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:00 pm

Many thanks for the useful replies and links, much appreciated.

My local KEP confirmed we can’t get an AMKA number as we don’t yet have permanent residence documents and are not yet of pensionable age thus no S1. We are no longer on our UK doctors list or the NHS register so won’t be able to access a vaccine via the UK roll out. It is currently illegal to pay for the vaccine and morally with the scarcity of it we wouldn’t want to jump the queue via this route.

I have therefore emailed Mrs Chourdaki, Vice Consul for Crete explaining the situation and asked if she can advise how people like ourselves are going to access the roll out programme.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:23 pm

The friend I mentioned above obtained an AMKA number from KEP today. He was only asked for his passport, his tax number, ΑΦΜ, and his parents' names. He wasn't actually asked for his residence certificate, which is a permanent one, but he did hand it over with his passport. It would appear that at least anybody who has a permanent residence certificate can still get an AMKA number. From Voni's post it would appear that anybody without one can't, which ties in with the information on the main LiC web site.

Warwick

Mathitis

Postby Mathitis » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:13 pm

Just to dot i's and cross t's ....... [yes, lately I do confuse really easily!!] does 'permanent residence certificate' really mean blue and beige.

Thanks for your previous links/advice Warwick.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:50 pm

Permanent means blue, i.e. already legally resident in Greece for more than 5 years and registered as permanent resident. Under the EU Directive on free movement once you have a permanent certificate you no longer need to meet the requirements for having healthcare or minimum income. People should only really have applied for a permanent certificate if they resided in Greece for more than 183 days in each of the 5 year qualifying period, although they could be outside Greece for up to 12 months in one year for specific reasons such as national service or caring for someone who was ill.

Beige means resident in Greece for more than 3 months but you do not yet qualify for permanent residency. It is "permanent", in the sense that it didn't have an expiry date but it doesn't meant that you have the right of permanent residency. There was no need to apply for permanent residency, i.e. you could continue with the beige certificate for longer than 5 years, but you became entitled to apply for permanent residency once you had been here for more than 5 years if you wished to. People who stay in Greece for more than 3 months but less that 183 days in each year should have kept with the beige certificate but a lot applied for blue.

There are details on the main LiC web site.

Warwick

shine on

Postby shine on » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:07 pm

Voni wrote:Many thanks for the useful replies and links, much appreciated.

My local KEP confirmed we can’t get an AMKA number as we don’t yet have permanent residence documents and are not yet of pensionable age thus no S1. We are no longer on our UK doctors list or the NHS register so won’t be able to access a vaccine via the UK roll out. It is currently illegal to pay for the vaccine and morally with the scarcity of it we wouldn’t want to jump the queue via this route.

I have therefore emailed Mrs Chourdaki, Vice Consul for Crete explaining the situation and asked if she can advise how people like ourselves are going to access the roll out programme.

Could you please post any response Voni.

Voni

Postby Voni » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:41 am

I received a very prompt reply from The Vice Consul of Crete, see extract below:

“I am aware there is a significant number of British nationals residents in Greece who do not qualify for an AMKA number, such as yourself.
I have therefore already raised this question with the Greek authorities.

This morning I was informed that a decision on how citizens without AMKA will register for the vaccine has yet to be reached by the Greek Ministry of Health.

I would like to reassure you I am pursuing this with great interest and aim to contact you again as soon as I receive formal instructions from the Greek relevant authorities”

shine on

Postby shine on » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Thanks for the updated info Voni.

Return to “General Discussion & News”