Lockdown rules get tougher...

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Jeffstclair

Lockdown rules get tougher...

Postby Jeffstclair » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:45 pm

This is what I was not expecting
https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/11563 ... xpQrYKGQS7

Tim

Re: Lockdown rules get tougher...

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:10 pm

That's interesting.

Leaving the house using the oft-abused Code 6, which is intended for personal exercise or walking a pet, will have to be on foot and people can no longer use their car or any other form of transportation to leave home for this purpose.

I've been using Code 6 for going back and forth to Agios Nikolaos to get the bits of my ID application done. Looks like I'll have to walk there to pick my card up.

Tim

Keltz

Postby Keltz » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:23 pm

I see no mention of retail shopping changes in ekathimerini, in that you must food shop in local area within 2 km but can still pop into Chania for all other retail shopping.

BST

Postby BST » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:49 pm

The actual words used by the minister were "basic goods" not supermarket within your municipality or no more than 2kms. I wouldn't want to risk going into Chania for any reason at the moment as that's open to interpretation.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 pm

Tim wrote:...I've been using Code 6 for going back and forth to Agios Nikolaos to get the bits of my ID application done. Looks like I'll have to walk there to pick my card up.

Tim

My understanding was that Code 3 was for banks AND OFFICIAL OFFICES but only if the transaction could not be carried out online. Dealing with issuing of biometric residence cards would fit in that category as would going to a post office, tax office etc. Code 6 is only for exercise and walking pets. Dealing with issuing of biometric residence cards would NOT fit in that category.

It does still create a problem for me since Chania police station is not within my municipality nor within 2 km of my home and I have an appointment there on Saturday.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:44 pm

Code 6 seemed to be a catch-all category legitimised by the authorities' advice to use it to visit friends and family over Xmas. I think I will ask the police which number to use before I set out. It would be somewhat ironic to incur a fine whilst on the way to a police station.

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:21 pm

On the official website showing restriction measures it should be noted that the additional measures of:

"The use of message 6 movement for physical exercise, will be done exclusively on foot or by bike and without the use of vehicle or motorcycle, and
    The use of message 1 for transportation to pharmacy, message 2 for transportation to catering stores, public services and message 3 for transfer to a bank, will be allowed within the relevant Municipalities or at a distance within 2 kilometers from the citizen's home,
only apply in the areas of Very High Risk, i.e. dark red on the restriction map. They do not apply in the areas of Increased Risk, i.e. paler red. I don't think this is made clear in the press reports. Currently there are no areas in the lower level of Surveillance.

Warwick

PS Do not confuse the map of restriction measures with the map of infection levels. Although they use similar colours there is not a one-to-one correspondence. The above description applies to the map of restriction measures as linked.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:27 pm

Tim wrote:Code 6 seemed to be a catch-all category legitimised by the authorities' advice to use it to visit friends and family over Xmas. I think I will ask the police which number to use before I set out. It would be somewhat ironic to incur a fine whilst on the way to a police station.

Tim

Code 6 may have been used at Christmas but it is not a catch-all. The codes are quite specific. From the official web site I linked in the previous post, my emphasis in red:

3 Go to a public service, if the electronic or telephone service is not possible only for urgent needs, after setting an appointment for which the citizen is informed in writing or electronically and under the additional condition of demonstrating the above information. As well as going to the bank, to the extent that electronic transaction is not possible.
    To go to a public service or bank, the code 3 is used in the SMS.
    6 Physical exercise outdoors or movement with a pet, individually or in pairs of two (2) persons, provided that in the latter case the necessary distance of one and a half (1.5) meters is observed. As well as a transition for feeding stray animals, provided that the transition takes place within the municipality of residence of the citizen. In these cases, the code 6 is used in the SMS.

Good luck getting written/electronic confirmation of the appointment.

Warwick

PS If you do get a fine at least you could pay it while you are there?

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:39 pm

In the spirit of adding more confusion the official report of the ministry announcement does not limit the new restrictions to high risk areas while the official web site showing the restrictions does describe them as only applying to high risk areas.

Warwick

Kamisiana

Postby Kamisiana » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:08 am

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2021/ ... -march-25/
Are there any codes for attending the independence day parade whilst schmoozing the Macrons ?,

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:19 am

All of which leaves me utterly confused! Alpha Bank does not have any premises in Apokoronas (not even an ATM), only in Chania, so unless I can conduct my business with them electronically, I am stuffed. Good job I was able to give them new passport copies etc last week.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:51 pm

As an update, I've just been called by the Ag Nik police station telling me my card is ready for collection. I pointed out that the new rules seemed to preclude me travelling from Sitia and they admitted they hadn't taken this into account. They then advised me to leave it until the rules are relaxed again. (if ever).

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:35 am

I had an appointment at Chania police station this morning to have my fingerprints taken. It is outside my municipality and about 20 km from my home so would certainly break the stricter rules described at the press briefing. I decided to take a chance and go anyway. Neither the policewoman on the gate, who asked why I was there, nor the one who took my fingerprints made any mention that I should not be there. It was clear that I was expected. I did load up the page of the official web site, which says that the stricter rules only apply to the very high risk areas, on my tablet and took it with me just in case I was questioned.

Warwick

thebigbluecheese

Postby thebigbluecheese » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:45 pm

I received a telephone call from Chania police station this morning , the officer called to let me know our cards were ready and we could pick them up today or any day next week between 12 and 1400 . I asked if it were posssible to collect due to the extra lockdown restrictions . Of course you can come he said , if someone stops you just tell them you are collecting your new residence cards .

toastie

Postby toastie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:22 pm

So confusing. So we can shop in our own municipality, I.e. Apokoronas and exercise 2km from home. Is that right?

Return to “General Discussion & News”