The system isn’t working

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

Re: The system isn’t working

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:45 pm

Based on comments following articles on Keep Talking Greece, a lot of ex-pats with temporary AMKA numbers are unable to get the vaccine certificate even though they have had both doses. It seems to be especially bad for those who got temporary AMKA numbers starting with "9". Normally the first six digits of your AMKA number are your birthday, ddmmyy, so the first character must be "0", "1", "2" or "3" and "9" is not valid. I don't know if that is the only problem and I'm sorry but I have no idea what the solution is.

I've only helped people with normal AMKA numbers. For the first couple of days it would not accept foreign passport numbers, only biometric card numbers, but that was rapidly corrected. I generated two certificates for friends last week and in both cases it accepted their UK passport number. I did include the GBR at the beginning but I don't know if that is important. It should be noted that in every case I've dealt with the web site says it couldn't fully identify you so I don't think it is really recognising the ID documents at all. It puts up your name and birth date, presumably from their vaccination records, tells you to check if they are the same as on your ID document and only to confirm if they are correct. In every case they were correct, I confirmed and it produced a vaccine certificate with all the correct details, e.g. type of vaccine, date of administering etc.

Warwick

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Thanks for feedback Warwick.
I forgot to mention that the KEP assistant did generate a “SARS- Cov-2 Partial Vaccination Record Certificate” indicating one dose, so this does imply that the platform has recognised my AMKA prefixed with 9.

Perhaps when I try next time I’ll be successful- who knows?

Thinking ahead, I’m wondering how long these temporary AMKA numbers will remain active?

With the likelihood of booster vaccinations at some point in the future, I’ll despair if we have to reapply for new temp AMKA numbers!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:15 pm

I know for normal AMKA numbers that the vaccination certificate is available within a couple of days of receiving the second dose, perhaps sooner. Obviously it is not valid for 14 days after the second dose so perhaps with temporary AMKAS they are not releasing it until the 14 days have passed? I don't know that this is the case but it could be?

Warwick

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Hang in there Rick,
Temporary Amkas start with 9, I believe. Movement is afoot to remedy and issue or replace Amka number. The British Consulate is aware, the Greek government is aware.
If you have Facebook I have seen quite a bit of chatter about this on British in Greece. Also have wee shufty at Apokoronas Our Home as it as been highlighted there too. The wheels turn slowly...

This is from Apokoronas Our Home

IMPORTANT Update for those of you having trouble with AMKA numbers - please pass on to your friends ( The email address is at the end of the message):
From the Vice Consul:
"During my communication with the Public Health Authority of Crete, I flagged to them there are as many as 40 UK nationals who have not had their temporary AMKA yet in Apokoronas.

They asked me to collate everyone’s 1) names, 2) application reference numbers on the emvolio site and 3) application dates.

Please email me these details as well as your consent to the British Consulate to share their details with the Greek Ministry of Health.

Also, if there are others whose regular AMKA does not work in the emvolio site, or they experience other obstacles preventing them from receiving their vaccination, please email me directly as soon as possible and preferably by the end of this week so a supplementary list can be sent to the Greek authorities first thing on Monday morning."

Kind regards,

Aristea Chourdaki | Vice Consul | British Vice Consulate Crete
British Vice Consulate | 17 Thalita Street | Ag. Dimitriou Square | Heraklion | 71202
Tel: +30 2810 224012 | Aristea.Chourdaki@fcdo.gov.uk..

P.s I realise you have had your vaccines, but they are also taking note of problems incurred with temp. Amka numbers.
Last edited by Kookla on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:02 pm

I got my temp AMKA number last Sunday (11/7). It begins with my birth date as suggested above. Can't get it to work on the emvolio web site yet, but the system does at least recognise me.

Tim

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:09 pm

I agree with Tim that not all temporary AMKAS start with 9. My Irish neighbours were issued with temporary AMKAs by KEP very recently and I understand that they don't start with 9. Perhaps the system changed at some point?

In their case KEP did the original application for them and they had been waiting months. Every time they asked at KEP they were told that KEP could do nothing and they would just have to wait. Recently one of them had to have a triple bypass operation and during a post-op check up her cardiologist asked if they had been vaccinated. They explained why they hadn't, their cardiologist phoned KEP while they were there and they were issued with temporary AMKAs within minutes, although it did take about one week for them to appear on the system so they could make an appointment, Tim. Funny what suddenly changes from impossible to possible when somebody with authority does some shouting?

I would guess yours will be active sometime this week, Tim. If you can't get it to work on the Emvolio web site by the end of this week try asking your friendly local pharmacist. I think they can see things that you can't.

Warwick

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:11 pm

Yep. That's definitely plan B.

Tim

Return to “General Discussion & News”