Travel-confusion

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Daisy

Travel-confusion

Postby Daisy » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:07 pm

I-am-confused.
My-husband-needs-to-travel-to-England-at-the-end-of-the-month,-for-family-reasons.
He-had-his-2nd-vaccination-2-months-ago-and-has-his-certificate.
However,-someone-told-us-that-because-he-has-not-yet-got-a-biometric-residents permit,-(his-appointment-is-in-September)-he-cannot-go.-What-has-one-got-to-do-with-the-other?

Sorry-about-the-hyphens,-the-space-bar-on-my-on-screen-keyboard-won't-work.
Daisy

evansmr1

Re: Travel-confusion

Postby evansmr1 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Would it be the 90 day rule, if there is no IN attached to his passport he would have exceeded the 90 days.

If he has the beize or blue permit I would guess that he should be OK.

I would suggest contacting imigration for their advise.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magna

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Vaccination and biometric residence permits are not connected at all.

A vaccination certificate might be all he needs to satisfy COVID travel rules or he might need to combine it with one or more PCR tests or possibly rapid flow tests. He will only know exactly what the rules are when he gets closer to the date of travel and they might be different in each direction, e.g. the UK might demand one or more tests going back to the UK while Greece might accept the vaccination certificate without testing.

As Mike says, now the UK has fully left the EU the biometric card is technically needed as proof of residence in Greece to avoid Schengen problems passing through immigration, i.e. you give immigration both your passport and your card when passing through Greek immigration in both directions. UK immigration should only need to see your passport. Since it is the Greek government's fault that they have not completed the process of issuing biometric cards by the end of June they ought to continue to accept the EU residence certificate as proof of residency. I agree that it would be best to check with immigration.

Warwick

Joan

Postby Joan » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:06 pm

We flew in to Chania at the end of May. We placed our beige permits on top of our passports at passport control. Our passports were not stamped, everyone else's that we could see were stamped. (Hopefully we'll have our biometric permits by the time we leave.)

So if you have beige or blue permits I'm sure it will be fine on return to Crete. Entering the UK won't be a problem as long as you have your passport.

Joan

Saddler

Postby Saddler » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:04 pm

As things stand he will need a lateral flow test prior to departure with accompanying certificate in English. He will need to complete a Passenger Locater Form and book and pay for two full PCR tests for day two and eight after arrival along with 10 days quarantine at a ' home' address.

Return to “General Discussion & News”