Vaccinated-only / Mixed spaces

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Rick

Vaccinated-only / Mixed spaces

Postby Rick » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:15 am

It seems that from 15th July, indoor venues (including restaurants and bars) are required to designate themselves ‘vaccinated only’ or mixed, and display a special label at the entrance.

The article states “vaccination or non-vaccination status would be indicated via ID card or social security (ΑΜΚΑ).”

https://news.gtp.gr/2021/06/29/covid-19 ... -mid-july/

Kilkis

Re: Vaccinated-only / Mixed spaces

Postby Kilkis » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:29 am

Personally I don't have a problem with the concept. This is usually reported as "granting a privilege" but this description is inaccurate, it is "restoring a freedom". People's freedom to engage in these activities was removed in order to protect society from the threat of the virus. There is no justification for continuing to restrict this freedom for people who no longer represent a threat, either because they have gained immunity from catching the virus or from vaccination. There is still a justification for imposing restrictions on those who do still represent a threat because they don't have immunity. Any claim of discrimination is mitigated by allowing non-immune people to engage in the activity through regular testing.

There is a practical problem, however. Both the original Greek vaccination certificate and the new EU vaccination certificate have a QR code so that anybody needing to check somebody's status can do so but they do differ. When you scan the QR code on the original Greek certificate it is not encrypted and simply shows a link to the file, where the certificate is stored on the government web site, in plain text. Any QR code reader App, e.g. on a smart phone, can be used to scan this QR code and verify the certificate by clicking on the link. The EU vaccination certificate, however, is encrypted so only a special reader capable of decrypting the QR code can be used to verify it. Are the government going to issue decryption Apps or devices to every business that might need to verify a certificate? If not the policy is useless.

Warwick

paul g

Postby paul g » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:36 am

Is the original Greek certificate only available from KEP or is there a site that the public can download it from?

I have downloaded the EU certs OK and also have the app on my phone that scans them and gives a green tick.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:39 am

I don't think they are issuing the original Greek certificate anymore. It was a stop gap solution until the EU certificate was developed. Everybody should now download the EU certificate.

I think that there was an intermediate situation for a short time after the EU certificate was first used. If you went to the emvolio web site and clicked on the vaccination certificate control it took you to the system that issued the Greek certificate. If you went directly to https://eudcc.gov.gr/start/ you could get the EU certificate. The Emvolio web site control has now been relabelled and takes you to the EU certificate via an intermediate control that explains.

If you really want to get the original Greek certificate, although I am not sure why you would, you could try this page. I'm not sure if it will take you to the original certificate or the EU one. I am pretty sure that the gov.gr app will not work on the original certificate but I could be wrong.

Warwick

Philb

Postby Philb » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:46 am

I'm hoping the NHS app or printed NHS certificate/letter will also suffice? Otherwise tourists will be buggered, as well as me.

BST

Postby BST » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Kilkis wrote:I don't think they are issuing the original Greek certificate anymore. It was a stop gap solution until the EU certificate was developed. Everybody should now download the EU certificate.

I think that there was an intermediate situation for a short time after the EU certificate was first used. If you went to the emvolio web site and clicked on the vaccination certificate control it took you to the system that issued the Greek certificate. If you went directly to https://eudcc.gov.gr/start/ you could get the EU certificate. The Emvolio web site control has now been relabelled and takes you to the EU certificate via an intermediate control that explains.

If you really want to get the original Greek certificate, although I am not sure why you would, you could try this page. I'm not sure if it will take you to the original certificate or the EU one. I am pretty sure that the gov.gr app will not work on the original certificate but I could be wrong.

Warwick

No idea how, but I got Greek version on laptop on Thursday but couldn't get EU version. Did what I thought was the same on my phone and got EU version not Greek???!!! Anyway have both now!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:35 pm

I think the problem might be, Phil, that Greek businesses, such as a tavernas, have been told to download the gov.gr app and scan certificates with it. When they do it comes up with your name and a tick to show that you are OK. I suspect that the gov.gr app will not recognise the NHS certificate.

Warwick

Philb

Postby Philb » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:37 am

Kilkis wrote:I think the problem might be, Phil, that Greek businesses, such as a tavernas, have been told to download the gov.gr app and scan certificates with it. When they do it comes up with your name and a tick to show that you are OK. I suspect that the gov.gr app will not recognise the NHS certificate.

Warwick

It's just been confirmed on British in Greece site that NHS document can be accepted with passport to confirm identity. At business owners discretion of course.

Return to “General Discussion & News”