Vaccination certificate on temporary AMKA

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
johnr

Vaccination certificate on temporary AMKA

Postby johnr » Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:11 pm

We have tried on emvilio site to gain certificate following both injections. Entered passport and residence numbers wish are recognised but on entering temporary AMKA the system says no. Any advice welcome?

Kookla

Re: Vaccination certificate on temporary AMKA

Postby Kookla » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:04 pm

This seems to have been the bane of several people lives of late. My first port of call would be your local KEP. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the temp numbers starting in 9 were proving troublesome. That said, you have had your vaccinations so I would have thought you must be registered in the system.
If you have access to Facebook there is a site called British in Greece and it might be a question to be raised, or already asked. I’m kind of old school and not beeped, or notified of any emails or indeed alerts from Facebook. I only joined FB to keep up with my ‘cool’ nephew and niece, and apparently it is too old hat for them now! A lot of people are notified instantly and reply instantly, so it might be another means to explore with quicker responses.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:31 pm

As far as I can tell the system doesn't work with a foreign passport? I had to select "ID Card issued by the police" and then put the number from my biometric residence card. It may have changed since I last did it. I've done it that way for a number of friends BUT they all had permanent AMKAs so I am not sure if it works with the temporary ones.

Warwick

margarita

Postby margarita » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:43 pm

I have had my AMKA number since they were first issued but there is a glitch in the system somewhere which has meant I couldn't book my vaccinations on-line or access my certificate. The local KEP office printed my certificate for me with no problem. I think you have to wait for two weeks after your second vaccination before you can get your certificate.

Jean

Postby Jean » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:03 pm

As far as I can tell the system doesn't work with a foreign passport? I had to select "ID Card issued by the police" and then put the number from my biometric residence card. It may have changed since I last did it.

It works now for foreign passports (at least with my AMKA number which is not temporary). I don't have a biometric residence card so couldn't try that one.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:38 pm

margarita wrote:... I think you have to wait for two weeks after your second vaccination before you can get your certificate.

You can get the certificate almost immediately, theoretically the next day I think, BUT it is not valid until 14 days after the second vaccination. For example, a friend had her second vaccination on 23 June and I downloaded her certificate on 26 June.

Thanks for the information on foreign passports, Jean. I assumed it ought to be possible, because EU citizens don't have biometric residence cards - they still have the EU Residence Certificates, but it certainly didn't work at the beginning. Since everybody I have downloaded certificates for had biometric cards I just carried on using them. If anybody else asks me to do it I will try their passport.

Warwick

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:10 am

There does seem to be a glitch with temp AMKA starting with a 9. Also after 2 doses of vaccine, if you don’t have a temp AMKA you can print off certificate, the next day in most cases, even on weekends. This states the days of your vaccinations. I think the 2 week wait, which was referred is when the government first announced the EU Covid certificate. This is now up and running.
My local chemist had printed off the dates of my vaccines for me. If you have this it might also be another paper to go armed with to your local KEP. They can see it in the system then. Perhaps they can also shed light on the temp amka situation?

Ps. I was able to add both my Biometric ID number and my passport and chose Biometric government ID card for verification.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:29 am

Kookla wrote:... I think the 2 week wait, which was referred is when the government first announced the EU Covid certificate. This is now up and running...

No, the certificate was always available immediately, i.e. one or two days, after vaccination, even the original Greek certificate. The two week period is part of the travel rules agreed across the EU. For example, if a country is prepared to allow visitors from another country to enter without quarantine provided they have an EU vaccine certificate then the certificate must show at least 2 weeks between the date of second dose and the date of entry. This rule was supposed to come into force on 1 July but I am not sure if it is universally applied across the EU yet.

Kookla wrote:...Ps. I was able to add both my Biometric ID number and my passport and chose Biometric government ID card for verification.

As far as I know, you could always enter both numbers, since there is a separate box for each, but the system only uses the one you select in the third box, i.e. passport or police issued ID. Initially it would only accept Greek passport numbers if you chose "Passport" but it would accept biometric residence cards for non-Greek citizens. Based on Jean's information it now accepts foreign passports as well.

Warwick

Kookla

Postby Kookla » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:56 am

Sorry Warwick, I’m not explaining myself very well. Yes the EU certificate available 1July. Yes, the initial double dose certificate available almost immediately. I think people vaccinated mid June were therefore talking about a two week wait, waiting for the EU certificate to become in use.
Ps I believe that Julia Cross has made it known to the Consulate about people struggling with temporary AMKA, which might help the initial poster.

johnr

Postby johnr » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:03 am

Many thanks for the above comments and advice.

Voni

Postby Voni » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:39 am

The temporary AMKA situation has been resolved for some but not for all….the Vice Counsel of Crete is escalating this issue again with with Greek government.

See here for further info and details of a mobile vaccination centre being set up.

http://apokoronasourhome.com/AOH/Daily_Bulletin.html

Just as a side note, I asked at our KEP about how they access the vaccine certificate and was told they log in under a different system - thus they only need your passport and AMKA not Taxinet info as requested on the emvolio website. Our KEP got our certificates and emailed the pdf copies over to us for upload to our phones etc.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:55 am

Yes, if you look at the top right of the Emvolio web site there are two controls for KEP and Pharmacists to log on. Obviously they use their own KEP/Pharmacists ID and password to gain access to the site and then your AMKA and passport to access your record.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”