If you are fully vaccianted in Greece...

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Kilkis

If you are fully vaccianted in Greece...

Postby Kilkis » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:14 pm

...you are still screwed! The new travel rules state the following:

You must be able to prove that you have been fully vaccinated (plus 14 days) with a document (digital or paper-based) from a national or state-level public health body that includes, as a minimum:

forename and surname(s)
    date of birth
    vaccine brand and manufacturer
    date of vaccination for every dose
    country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer
The EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate only shows the date of the second dose so it does not qualify and hence you will be classed as not fully vaccinated. This means you have to take a pre-departure test plus pre-booked tests in the UK on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 and self isolate for 10 days.

The anti-EU attitude of the current government persists.

Warwick

Kamisiana

Re: If you are fully vaccianted in Greece...

Postby Kamisiana » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Kilkis wrote:...you are still screwed! The new travel rules state the following:

You must be able to prove that you have been fully vaccinated (plus 14 days) with a document (digital or paper-based) from a national or state-level public health body that includes, as a minimum:

forename and surname(s)
    date of birth
    vaccine brand and manufacturer
    date of vaccination for every dose
    country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer
The EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate only shows the date of the second dose so it does not qualify and hence you will be classed as not fully vaccinated. This means you have to take a pre-departure test plus pre-booked tests in the UK on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 and self isolate for 10 days.

The anti-EU attitude of the current government persists.

Warwick

Come on now I thought you were over it, the UK has left the club it can make its own rules, trade deals and military alliances.
The anti UK attitude of the EU still persists though, and since when did a trading block need an army.

paul g

Postby paul g » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:48 pm

They need an army to trawl through all of the red tape.

jane m clayton

Postby jane m clayton » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:01 pm

On our certificates it says 'Number in a series of vaccinations/doses and overall number of doses in the series' 2/2...and that's the English translation, which suggests this might cover it unless you need the dates when both were given on the certificate. Just a thought.

jane m clayton

Postby jane m clayton » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:07 pm

...and we also have certificates titled SARS-Cov-2 Vaccination Record Certificate and that gives the date of both jabs quite clearly. They were issued before we got our the EU versions. Hope that helps anyone wanting to travel.

BST

Postby BST » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:36 pm

Greek certificates have both vaccinations and dates.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:03 pm

Having the number of doses and the date of the second dose does not satisfy the requirements, Jane. It explicitly says the certificate must show the date each dose was administered.

It is true that the original Greek certificate has the date of both doses but it doesn't have your date of birth. Combined the two certificates satisfy all the requirements but will the UK accept them as a pair? Are you prepared to fly to the UK and risk being told that you can come in but you must self isolate for 10 days because the paperwork doesn't satisfy the requirements? Also, for anybody vaccinated after the EU Certificate was issued, can they still get the Greek certificate?

Warwick

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:31 pm

I will update you on Wednesday. I fly to East Midlands on Tuesday (21).
Not looking forward to going, but have to visit new Grandson.

Documentation is a nightmare.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magna

jane m clayton

Postby jane m clayton » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:33 pm

Yes, we might take the risk. Our dates of birth are on the certificates as part of the AMKA and that could be cross-checked against passports. I guess it depends on individual circumstances, perhaps someone who trys could let the Forum know how they get on.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:00 pm

evansmr1 wrote:I will update you on Wednesday. I fly to East Midlands on Tuesday (21).
Not looking forward to going, but have to visit new Grandson.

Documentation is a nightmare.

Thanks for that. My grandson isn't new but he is now 9 and I haven't seen him for 2 years. I am not going until 8 October but I normally travel round in the week visiting old friends. I don't want to contact them and then cancel but equally if I don't contact them soon I am sure they will all be busy doing other things.

I agree that documentation is a nightmare.

Even if the original Greek certificate meets the rules I am still concerned about the Test-Trace-Isolate rules. When they scrap the pre-flight test on 4 October there is an even higher risk that someone on the flight will test positive back in the UK and then I would still need to self isolate for 10 days.

Warwick

Dinksy

Postby Dinksy » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:49 pm

I am certain that what you say Warwick is true but what we need is actual facts, as we all know the UK government are a load of two faced b------s.
Who has managed to get to the UK without any problems or who is currently in isolation having been refused unrestricted entry? Rumours are not good enough so only those who can give a positive reply please. The government web site is difficult enough to understand without the very small print tucked away on the 12th page.

Fingers crossed for all travellers to the UK before we loose our direct flights.
Never mind the quality, feel the width.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:35 pm

I am told that there are posts on Facebook saying that the government has admitted that there is a mistake in the new travel rules and they are accepting EU Vaccine Certificates as proof of vaccination, provided of course they are the same vaccines used in the UK, which is at least true for Greece. The government web page, however still states that the certificate must contain the date every dose was administered and the EU Certificate does not do that. I checked with a fully vaccinated French friend and their French issued EU Certificate also does not show both dates so it is not just Greece.

Obviously these rules do not come into force until 4 October so it is impossible for anybody to report their experience of these new rules.

The issue that I raised on another thread is real and based on practical experience. I was alerted to it by a friend in the UK. Two couples, both friends of hers had recently flown into the UK and contacted her.

One couple were UK residents and had been fully vaccinated in the UK. There was another passenger on their flight who tested positive for COVID on their Day 2 test. They were contacted by Test and Trace but were told that they didn't need to self isolate because they had been fully vaccinated in the UK.

The other couple live in France and were fully vaccinated in France. Another passenger on their flight also tested positive for COVID on their Day 2 test. They were contacted by Test and Trace and told that they must self isolate for 10 days because their vaccines were not administered in the UK.

Since the new travel rules mean that you don't need to take a pre-flight test the probability of someone on the flight giving a positive sample at their Day 2 test is much higher after 4 October so the risk of being told to self isolate because you weren't vaccinated in the UK increases.

Warwick

Voni

Postby Voni » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Just checked my EU Digital Covid Certificate (the blue and yellow one) and it does have DOB on page one and also dates of both vaccines on page two.

Due to problems accessing the vaccine (AMKA not recognised) I wasn’t fully vaccinated until later…did they perhaps change the certificate?

On my recent trip to the UK the PLFs were checked thoroughly on both journeys, vaccine cert glanced at at Chania, not inspected at all in the UK.

I haven’t done it myself but was told by a traveller to the uk last week that they have changed the uk PLF to allow you to scan in or upload your vaccine QR Code. Apparently my friend found this didn’t work for her so backtracked and just declared no QR code, the PLF then went thorough ok.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:20 pm

Interesting. My EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate is a single page and only shows the date of the second vaccination. It was issued on 3 June 2021 very shortly after the site became active. When was your issued Voni?

I tried generating a new EU certificate but it is identical to the original, i.e. single page and only showing the date of the second vaccine.

I also have the original Greek vaccination certificate which does show the dates of both vaccinations. That was issued on 19 March 3 days after my second vaccination.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Our EU vaccination certificates are also only one page, and only show the date of the latest vaccination.

However, when we were in the Peloponnese last week and travelled on the short distance from Galatas to Rodos, the policeman standing beside the ticket office looked at our Greek certificates, and was perfectly satisfied. I expect he know that the first 6 digits of an AMKA number are our birthdays. Not sure a Border Force official in Heathrow would necessarily make the connection, even with a passport as backup. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Return to “General Discussion & News”