If you are fully vaccianted in Greece...

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Voni

Re: If you are fully vaccianted in Greece...

Postby Voni » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:12 pm

My local KEP sent me the electronic version of my covid cert which definitely has two pages Warwick. I got it about mid August.

I’m wondering if it’s the Hellenic version now but it clearly says EU Digital Certificate at the top and has the QR Code plus all the other information you mentioned that is required by the UK.

OH for the days when you grabbed your passport, boarding card and bag and just went!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:42 pm

The EU version says "EU DIGITAL COVID-19 CERTIFICATE" in blue underlined with a thick yellow line at top left and a QR code at top right. Below the thick yellow line is the same title in Greek. Below that is an EU flag, i.e. a blue rectangle with a circle of gold stars with the letters GR in the middle. At bottom left is quite a long paragraph all in Greek. All the details are in the right hand column with labels in black type both Greek and English and the information to the right of each label in blue in just in English.

The original Greek version has the usual Hellenic Republic shield at top left and a much smaller QR code at top right. Below that is the title "SARS-Cov-2 Vaccination Record Certificate" in Greek and English in the centre across the page. Below that is your forename and surname in Greek and English and your AMKA number. Below that, to the left, is a dark blue box with the details of the vaccine in white typeface. To the right of the box it states where and when each dose of the vaccine was administered. The location is in Greek only and may be abbreviated, e.g. in my case Γ.Ν.ΧΑΝΙΩΝ for General Hospital of Chania. Below that is a statement in Greek and English and a document ID. Interestingly when I open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader it flags up a green tick and "Signed and all signatures valid".

The QR code on the EU certificate is encrypted so you need a special App to read it. The QR code at the top of the Greek certificate is not encrypted and can be scanned with any QR code reader App. When you do scan it you simply get a link to the file on the Greek government server which you can open with any browser.

Warwick

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:01 pm

Is there anywhere that one can go to to find a comprehensive and up-to-date list of CV-19 restrictions in Greece? For instance, I have been looking all over to find out if we are still limited to 3 in a car (of up to 7 seats) and haven't found any 'recent' information. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:11 pm

There was no problem with the Greek Vaccine Passport.
The costs of leaving and arriving were high in terms of producing 19 sheets of paper for the two of us (why one PLF each. The Greek version accepts all family members) The proof before leaving of being negative and the very expensive 2 day test after arriving in the UK.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magna

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:36 pm

evansmr1 wrote:There was no problem with the Greek Vaccine Passport...

Do you mean the original Greek "SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Record Certificate" or the later "EU Digital COVID-19 Certificate"? The former shows the dates of both vaccinations but does not formally state your birth date, although it does show your AMKA number and the first 6 digits of that are your birth date as ddmmyy. The latter formally shows your birth date but it only shows the date of the second vaccine, although some people seem to have got a version from KEP that shows both vaccination dates.

Warwick

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:01 pm

In reply to Warwick

It is the Vaccine Passport which only displays the date of the 2nd Vaccine.

We leave England on Friday 1st. I will update this post on Saturday 2nd. I am assuming that Officials at East Midlands will check our proof of vaccination.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magna

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:08 pm

evansmr1 wrote:In reply to Warwick

It is the Vaccine Passport which only displays the date of the 2nd Vaccine.

We leave England on Friday 1st. I will update this post on Saturday 2nd. I am assuming that Officials at East Midlands will check our proof of vaccination.

I understood that the new rules didn't come into force until October 4th. In which case, your experience won't actually prove anything.

Tim

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:05 pm

No problems with the Greek Vacination Passport. Worked when leaving Greece and also when re-entering yesterday.

Do not forget on exit and entry show your Biometric card with your Passport at Passport Control.
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magna

johnr

Postby johnr » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Heraklion to Heathrow yesterday the 5th. No problems with Greek EU Cert.
I initially forgot to produce my Biometric on leaving and the immigration officer asked why my passport hadn't been stamped, the penny dropped, so I produced my biometric which he scanned and he waved me on. As a matter of interest the card is scanned on a separate machine than the passport.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:44 pm

In case it is of any interest to people I wrote to the EU Commission about mutual recognition of vaccination certificates between the UK and the EU and received the following reply, my highlight in red:

We are answering to your question on behalf of Commissioner Breton. The specification of only the second dose date is not unique to Greece. The EU Digital Covid Certificate (DCC) only shows the date of the most recent administered vaccination dose. The DCC Regulation (2021/953) provides that a vaccination certificate should clearly indicate whether or not the vaccination course has been completed, and it is to contain the number of doses administered to the holder. It requires that a vaccination certificate is to include, as data fields, the number in a series of doses as well as the overall number of doses in the series; and the date of vaccination indicating the date of the latest dose received. As the Regulation provides that a certificate shall be issued after the administration of each dose, this means that, for a 2-dose vaccination course, a certificate shall be issued after the first dose which will indicate “1/2” and the date of that first vaccination. The certificate issued after the second dose will indicate “2/2” and the date of the second vaccination.
    Regarding the requirements for entering UK, you will need to check this with your competent national organisation. So far, 16 non-EU countries (and territories) joined the EU Digital COVID Certificate system. The COVID Certificates issued in those 16 countries (and territories) are accepted in the EU under the same conditions as the EU Digital COVID Certificate. Likewise, the EU Digital COVID Certificate is accepted by those 16 countries. The UK is not (yet) among those countries. The European Commission has been in intense discussions with the UK to be able to recognise its digital Covid Certificates as equivalent to the EU DCCs. The adoption of the so-called equivalence decision is at a very advanced stage, and is expected by the last week of October, barring any unforeseen obstacles. As part of this, the UK has also agreed to recognise EU DCCs as equivalent to their own – this means that they will accept EU-issued vaccination certificates that indicate that the holder is fully vaccinated, even if the full history is not included in the certificate.
Warwick

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:54 am

According to Keep Talking Greece the EU and the UK have now reached a formal mutual recognition agreement on each other's COVID vaccination certificates starting today, 29 October. It will be interesting to see if the wording in the Test and Trace rules changes?

Warwick

Rick

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:34 pm

I have some personal experience surrounding this issue:
I travelled from Chania to the U.K. on 23.10.21, and completed my “day 2” test which was communicated to me as being negative. Later in the day, I received a deluge of dictorial text messages and emails instructing me to self isolate until 03.11.21 as I had been in contact with an individual(s) who had tested positive - obviously on my flight. The reason for the self isolation instruction was because I had not received covid 19 vaccinations administered by the NHS in the U.K.

This evening, I contacted the U.K. covid track and trace enquiry service (119), and relayed the information regarding the mutual recognition of EU / U.K. vaccination certificates, requesting exemption from further self isolation. I received a rather abrupt instruction to continue self isolation, as the NHS were not yet recognising rulings from the Home Office. I attempted to discuss the matter further, but the call was terminated.

I question when / if the NHS will recognise EU vaccination certificates, and how they will verify and validate the authenticity of information provided on a PLF.

Personally, my self isolation is purely an annoyance, as I have a property in the U.K., but for some (expatriates visiting family / individuals on business trips etc.,) this issue could cause great anxiety going forward. Clearly, the decision to abolish pre departure tests places travellers at risk of unnecessary self isolation for 10 days in the U.K.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:13 pm

Thanks for that, Rick. Good, but not surprising, to know that the UK government are still behaving like total pillocks. It restores my faith in human* nature.

Warwick
* I use the term loosely especially if it involves the home office.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:49 am

Rick, it could be that as you landed and were 'sentenced' 6 days before the rules changed, NHS were not prepared to apply the new rules retrospectively. It would be interesting to know what other travellers' experiences are post 29/10, especially with the Christmas travel period coming up. As you say, visitors who don't have a UK base could find themselves in a world of expensive trouble if this isn't sorted out.

Tim

Rick

Postby Rick » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:02 pm

Today, I contacted ‘NHS test & trace’ to request exemption from my remaining three days self isolation, following the recent mutual recognition of EU / U.K. vaccinations.

My request was declined, on the grounds that the U.K. GOV website had not been updated to reflect any such anecdotal information that may have been reported in the media. I asked to speak to a higher authority, who also confined this.

So, until any updates are made on the U.K. GOV website allowing recognition of EU vaccination certificates, travellers to the U.K. vaccinated in the EU are at risk of 10 days self isolation if someone tests positive on the same flight following their day 2 test.

I would like to think that this issue will be resolved soon ?
Surely, this ludicrous situation can’t continue indefinitely?

p.s. The “trace and test” advisor stated that it was currently not possible for an airline or the U.K. Government to verify the authenticity of a EU vaccination certificate, and that fake vaccination certificates were a concearn.

Return to “General Discussion & News”