starting a business..Jet Skiing!!!!

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Pirateprincess

starting a business..Jet Skiing!!!!

Postby Pirateprincess » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:15 pm

I was wondering would any of you have advice on how to start a jet skiing business...in crete!!! we want to live out there and my partner thinksthis is a good way to go..i would work too in bars or kid rep ..but i reall need this info soon pls :? :)
Never say never

filippos

Postby filippos » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 pm

First thing I'd do is talk to an accountant here as you'll need to set up a formal business. He'll also be able to tell you what licences you'll need and what "red tape" [and I'd guess there will be a lot for that type of business] you'll need to get through. You may also need to pass some sort of test.

If you're thinking of operating in an area [i.e. resorts that attract large numbers of young tourists] where locals are already working the same business expect a lot of opposition, not all of it strictly according to any rules.

Not all resorts welcome this type of activity and local authorities may well refuse a licence. For example, Kalyves [mainly middle-aged and older tourists] has consistently refused licences for any and all commercial water sports activity.

jeansy

jet ski

Postby jeansy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:33 pm

Do your selves a favour and think of something else, not being funny but jet skis are as welcome as a f### in a space suit, I know of 2 Greeks who had a licence last year and had them revoked this year. Also you will need power boat 2 licence to operate and medicals coming out of your ears, if you want to do water sports buy into a going concern or buy out a going concern. Sorry to pee on your parade but do a bit more research.

Paul

Return to “General Discussion & News”