Transporting Me

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
cyprusbeachchef

Transporting Me

Postby cyprusbeachchef » Fri May 25, 2007 7:27 am

Hi to every one. At the moment i live over here in cyprus and sad to say i know andy who is moving over there very soon .well when he sells is house at 12 oclock today uk time .Has any one made the ferry crossing from cyprus to the main land As it looks very likely that iam moving there too . sorry andy and h ( you should have never given me that sink in scotland ) looking forward to meeting you all from livingincrete :D

Kikh

Postby Kikh » Fri May 25, 2007 9:53 am

I think you would make a grand entrance in that sink of yours? You may even get sponsors for a trip like that :lol: Passing Piraeus? Buy me a medium soft queen sized bed at IKEA will you!

Welcome "a board"
Kickie
Kickie

andheath

Postby andheath » Fri May 25, 2007 10:55 pm

Hi Cyprubeachchef

Thought you might turn up and some point, can I go anywhere to escape you. A point of order, if I remember correctly, you actually stole the sink from the rear of my house. Not only that, it was one half of a matching pair of antique "whally" sinks. Now worth a fortune.

Best of luck sailing to Crete, I see you are going via Athens to purchase an Ikea bed. Sorry but I thought escaping from Sweden would include escaping from flat-pack but if that's what the lady wants, I hope you will both be very happy.

Andy

cyprusbeachchef

Postby cyprusbeachchef » Sat May 26, 2007 7:45 am

Kickie how embarrassing !!! i rang ikea to order the queen size bed . the very very helpfull lady told me that thay offer A TRY BEFORE YOU BUY :oops: so when i explained that i have never meet you yet. she said it may be a bad idea .so then i thought !! i asked the very nice lady if i could speak to the manager . i explained that i am sailing over there in my sink and would IKEA sponsor me he said no but gave me 25 % off the cost off the bed . buy the way do you need any sheets or pillows ? is so whats your favorite colour ???
REF ANDYS LAST POST i did not steal the sink my lawyer did explained in court it was a misunderstanding off ownership .

Kikh

Postby Kikh » Sat May 26, 2007 8:58 am

cyprusbeachchef wrote:Kickie how embarrassing !!! i rang ikea to order the queen size bed . the very very helpfull lady told me that they offer A TRY BEFORE YOU BUY :oops: so when i explained that i have never meet you yet. she said it may be a bad idea .so then i thought !! i asked the very nice lady if i could speak to the manager . i explained that i am sailing over there in my sink and would IKEA sponsor me he said no but gave me 25 % off the cost off the bed . buy the way do you need any sheets or pillows ? is so whats your favorite colour ??? REF ANDYS LAST POST i did not steal the sink my lawyer did explained in court it was a misunderstanding off ownership .

Try before you buy sounds like a good idea. I agree to a first date at IKEA. Can't be worse than the pubs I usually frequent and hence I'll probably be, more or less, sober in IKEA I might even recognize you when I wake up. Less embarrassing for me! Did they offer toothbrushes too or need I bring one?

To cover for any costs during your voyage I've contacted Miss P Hilton's cameraman and sold him the rights to our little "sleep over". He was unemployed due to her being "occupied" and offered a good price, which also left me some money for a nice set of maroon or yellow bed linen. No pillows needed, IKEA never had any comfy ones.

I'm afraid I won't join you on your way over from Piraeus to Crete. I would be much to worried that anyone will confiscate "your" sink, and I'm not a good swimmer.

Call me when you're in Piraeus and I'll pop by, it's just 50 minutes away!
Kickie

paulh

Postby paulh » Sat May 26, 2007 9:28 am

the whole purpose of this thread is purely to plug the (whally) sink isn't it....well there's nothing that says you can't do that so long as the admin and moderator get their cut. (on my last money making scheme I left out admin and she scuppered the whole system)

..try before you buy...yes but what they don't tell you is that you have to assemble it too before you try, before you buy. Actually it's a scam because they are really devious, they don't leave a piece out, they add in an unneeded piece!!!!! That kills off most people trying to work out where it goes

oh and CBC, if you still feel like getting up to shenanigans (or should that be down to?) after you have assembled it you must be on some of that stuff I keep getting email about.....be careful of the little blue ones they are just paste

cheers paul

cyprusbeachchef

Postby cyprusbeachchef » Sat May 26, 2007 9:43 am

So our frist date ? We could get ourseleves a good pr agent and sell the rights to IKEA that way thay my give us the sheets and free tooth brush ? it must be worth a try . I will leave you to sort out then fine details . Please dont worry to much about recognising me in the morning at 43 i have the same problem ??? As long as you remember my name .with any money been made we could buy some beer ???. I have to go to down to the sea today as it the frist time the sink has had it outing and it may take on some water. Have you got pyjamas :lol:

Kikh

Postby Kikh » Sat May 26, 2007 9:53 am

the whole purpose of this thread is purely to plug the (whally) sink isn't it....well there's nothing that says you can't do that so long as the admin and moderator get their cut. (on my last money making scheme I left out admin and she scuppered the whole system). ..try before you buy...yes but what they don't tell you is that you have to assemble it too before you try, before you buy. Actually it's a scam because they are really devious, they don't leave a piece out, they add in an unneeded piece!!!!! That kills off most people trying to work out where it goes

Just talked to Mr Kamprad who agreed to sponsor a competition in assembling one of IKEA's pieces (forgot to mention I'm Swedish...). He also agreed to me wearing a Living in Crete T-shirt if it was thin and I promised I'd sweat a lot. First price is a fully furnished IKEA kitchen. Will you and Carolina split?

oh and CBC, if you still feel like getting up to shenanigans (or should that be down to?) after you have assembled it you must be on some of that stuff I keep getting email about.....be careful of the little blue ones they are just paste

We have little chance in winning the competition if we leave the assembling to a man, no matter what country he origin from. Leave it to me who's used to it. CBC might want to stay on the blue pills, it's been a loooong winter :oops:
Last edited by Kikh on Sat May 26, 2007 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kickie

paulh

Postby paulh » Sat May 26, 2007 10:40 am

sorry I am struggling a bit here.....kitchen.......I've heard the word before be can't remember exactly what it is let alone what a "fully fitted" one is......wait a minute I think I remember now....isn't it where women live? Can't see how that could be of much use to me however we could palm Carol off with it and I'll take the used sweaty T shirt.

Kikh

Postby Kikh » Sat May 26, 2007 3:36 pm

paulh wrote:sorry I am struggling a bit here.....kitchen.......I've heard the word before be can't remember exactly what it is let alone what a "fully fitted" one is......wait a minute I think I remember now....isn't it where women live? Can't see how that could be of much use to me however we could palm Carol off with it and I'll take the used sweaty T shirt.

You are right Paul, no kitchen is fully fitted before a woman entered :lol: The T-shirt is yours, we have a deal!

...Sorry but I thought escaping from Sweden would include escaping from flat-pack but if that's what the lady wants, I hope you will both be very happy.

Andy, after slaving in the kitchen I deserve to sleep like a queen, not like a Greek.
Kickie

andheath

Postby andheath » Sat May 26, 2007 9:19 pm

PaulH

The real point is not to plug the sink, quite the opposite. I am attempting to have the plug removed, and so sending the sink and CBC to the bottom of the med.

The first time I met him he was removing items from my garden. Since that day 6 years ago he has had me arrested five times, demolished the gable end of my house, stolen my car and caused me to move house three times.

If anybody sees a sink or a bed approaching the beach anywhere in Crete I suggest they stay well clear and inform the relevant authorities. Don't even be tempted by one of his impromptu Bar B Q's, his chili burgers are lethal.

Andy

Return to “General Discussion & News”