brian and andrew a place in greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Brian c

Postby Brian c » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:57 pm

sorry if this has been asked before.
a place in greece is being shown yet again on british tv originaly shot in 2004, i just wondered whatever happened to brian and andrew ,
anyone know of them ???
dont sweat the small things

paulh

Postby paulh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:40 pm

they are no longer in Crete

moved on last summer

their house is sold

Brian c

Postby Brian c » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:55 pm

thanks paul, i heard a few stories that they started a fish and chip shop etc near almarida, and their partners in buying the house on tv were never realy going to move( they were just for tv), but to be honest watching it again, they were realy annoying. though it was a nice house.
do you know if they went back to britain ? and why?

paulh

Postby paulh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:38 pm

No real idea. I just sorted out their computer when it needed it

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:39 pm

Brian c wrote:do you know if they went back to britain ? and why?
Don't know to the first question. As to the second, they failed to make a success of anything here [including the chip shop/American diner] largely, I think, because of Brian's bombastic arrogance with suppliers, customers, staff and more or less anyone else with whom he came into contact. There were also allegations [never tested in a court] of serious financial irregularities.

Brian c

Postby Brian c » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:24 pm

filippos, why does none of that suprise me?
dont like to see anyone failing but, he gave brits a bad name, where as andrew seemed to be a bit more "get on with it" though the impression the programme gives is that they are both very selfish i.e. the large window scenario and trying to do their friends out of the bottom half of the house. .. certainly wouldnt trust them with any of my hard earned!

filippos

Postby filippos » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:26 pm

We had one business meeting with Brian when about to put our house on the market at the time they purported to be estate agents.

At the office we were faced with a notice taped to the door, "Brian's at the chip shop." No directions but we happened to know its location. When we arrived B was sitting outside with a fresh coffee, "Just trying out the offering," but didn't offer us anything. Meeting lasted about 40 minutes, sitting in the sun [no shade] without even offering a glass of water.

At one point, an employee, a young, Greek lad, having waited paitiently for a convenient moment, tried to tell him there was an important 'phone call waiting. B's response was to bawl him out quite crudely before turning to us with, "I've always said there's a right way, a wrong way and Brian's way."

Andrew was away for a few days but we were assured he would be given all the info needed [B had noted everything in a book] and would be in touch on his return but we heard nothing, not that it would have mattered.

Walking back to the car after the meeting we found we'd each decided, at the same moment, that we could not, would not, do business with such an ignorant, arrogant [enter your own description].

Brian c

Postby Brian c » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Just watched this and didnt realise it is series 2, which i have never seen. Jeez that man is obnoxious lets hope he stays well away from Crete, anyone that gets financialy involved with him after watching the series,deserve all they get, his only redeeming feature is he seems to have a soft spot for animals.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm

[quote="
Walking back to the car after the meeting we found we'd each decided, at the same moment, that we could not, would not, do business with such an ignorant, arrogant [enter your own description].[/quote]

Bar Steward is what you are looking for Filippos!

carol

Postby carol » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:26 pm

having just watched series 2, i think the fact that he laid on christmas dinner for around 20 people at his home and no-one bothered to turn up, must of showed them how poplular they were !!!!!!!!!!!
Did they ever make any more series other than 1 & 2 ?, as we liked watching it for the great scenery.

bettyboo

Postby bettyboo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:36 pm

As mentioned elsewhere a lot of what happened in the programme must have been to make it more entertaining, did they really invite 20 people for dinner?...3 ladies just turn up that B & A have never seen before, why?...a lot of Brians disasters seemed to be staged, eg, the no show for Sunday lunches, maybe B & A were just good actors!

Ive no idea why so many people were against them, other people obviously know more, to me its a shame it didnt work out.

Brian c

Postby Brian c » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Agree bettyboo a lot of it possibley was staged, i.e. the large window scenario and dumping the manufacturer after they had spent in access of 20k making the window, any manufacturer i know would have expected at least a 30% deposit before they started manufacturing a special item.
However they still came across as extremly selfish self centred people with no consideration for anyone else. One of the first things i noticed was they made absolutley no attempt to speak Greek not even the good mannered greetings. ..on the possitive side, I suppose they were a good example of how not to act when you travel to a foreign country hoping to make friends.

karpathoskate

Brian and Andrew(Channel 4?) in Crete

Postby karpathoskate » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 pm

I only saw a few episodes of this when in UK before we moved to Greece. Is it by any chance available on DVD? Thanks.

Brian c

Postby Brian c » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:19 pm

karpathoskate
had a dig around the net and couldnt find anything
some of channel 4 programmes are often available online but unfortunatley not a place in greece, however i did find the link below that someone has put on the net, of the xmas show from the second series, showing 12 minutes of the programme.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=19664139

brian

karpathoskate

Brian and Andrew in Crete

Postby karpathoskate » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Many thanks. I do find these kind of things interesting!!!

Return to “General Discussion & News”