brian and andrew a place in greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Brian c

Postby Brian c » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm

snap , a lot of us either live there or as in my case have a fantasy of living there. So any info even scenery of the island is always welcome ...even if a couple of pratts are the main characters.
dont sweat the small things

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:40 pm

karpathoskate

Brian and Andrew in Crete

Postby karpathoskate » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Many thanks!

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:06 pm

SatCure

Brian & Andrew married!

Postby SatCure » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:29 pm

They got married! Who would have guessed?
(Is Andrew crazy?)
http://www.placeoncrete.com

al'Miral

Brian & Andrew A Place in Greece

Postby al'Miral » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:11 am

I think that anyone watching this programme should take a deep breath because what you are seeing in almost all instances bears very little resemblance to the reality out here.

I don't know where the money is that backs this sort of thing but I do know from contact with people who use this programme as their guide that they get a big surprise not to say shock when they get here looking to buy their island paradise. This sort of programme should come with a health warning like smoking as it can seriously damage your financial health and in a few cases your physical health as well. The antidote programmes might be 'Roasted in the Sun'; an everyday story of the misleading occurances that you might suffer and how to lose your money!

I recall watching a travel programme in the early '00's simply because it was billed as Crete. The presenter lady, pristine in shorts and top spent half the programme talking to a couple with two children at a hotel in Rethymno. Neither the couple or the presenter left the hotel complex. The second half of the programme was billed as her trek through the Samaria Gorge. She was filmed at the Xiloskala again in pristine condition and I waited to see some film of the superb walk. The next shot was an immaculate woman drinking an orange juice in Ag. Roumelli. I have never managed to get through in an immaculate condition. Scruffy treker...that's me!

AnneS

Brian and Andrew

Postby AnneS » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:54 am

I watched them on TV, and really enjoyed the series! Yes, I am fully aware that many of the situations in which they found themselves were inventions of the production company (the German lodger, Christmas dinner etc) but still it made entertaining viewing. That's how I view all "fly on the wall" shows - pure invention! However, they seem like a fun couple, even with Brian's quirks, and I was saddened to read they left Crete. I imagine they must have been gutted.

I recently read that early last year, Brian was diagnosed with throat cancer, but fortunately has made a full recovery. I think they may have been in Crete recently, has anyone seen them?

filippos

Re: Brian and Andrew

Postby filippos » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:50 pm

AnneS wrote:However, they seem like a fun couple, even with Brian's quirks, ...
That's not a description I could apply to them, especially Brian, after attempting to do business with them in the summer of 2006.

Brian c

Postby Brian c » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:26 pm

I watched the show for the scenery and any tips I may pick up, to be honest I found both Brian and Andrew extremely iritating and untrustworthy, but would wish anyone well battling against an illness. ...... married ???? a legal partnership maybe. ... a debate I'm probabley best to avoid.
dont sweat the small things

AnneS

Postby AnneS » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:27 pm

Oh no, what problems did you have? (It's OK to tell me it's none of my business if you wish) :D

SatCure

Re: Brian and Andrew

Postby SatCure » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 pm

AnneS wrote:I think they may have been in Crete recently, has anyone seen them?

They haven't. I understand that they had hoped to come early this year but those plans have been postponed.

Leeshorer

Brian and Andrew A Place in Greece

Postby Leeshorer » Sat May 21, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm pretty sure I saw Brian on Graham Norton last night (20.5.11) in the red chair.

moved 2 crete

brian & andrew

Postby moved 2 crete » Sun May 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Andrew returned to england got job at John Lewises, before Brian who stopped to sort out house sale, agree that Andrew was the worker bee and Brian the drone, the last venture was the Beach Hut in Almerida but only saw Andrew working there Brian, always missing, but the series was captivating Brian said they didn`t get royalty rights to the series, a big error , it was shown in different countries they could have made a lot of money, one of the reasons amongst others that we now live in the Chania region.
Dave H

grave2011

Postby grave2011 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:16 pm

It was Brian on Graham Norton!!!

moggy

Re: update old thread of some years

Postby moggy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:33 pm

OK, updating a thread a few years old. - so anyone reading their previous comment(s) please note OLD THREAD

If anyone interested 'a place in greece' is by youtube at the moment, has been there about a year. The 2nd series finishes with Pete & Lesley having their flat completed below Brian & Andrew.

From what I have read between the lines on the NET, Brian & Andrew at some point bought out Pete & Lesley.

After B&C had some bad business investment. They sold their house on Crete in 2008. Then returned to London, eventually moving to Coventry.

Brian had some serious health problems around the time of return to UK. Believe in 2012 they returned to Crete for holiday. No idea if they have been back since for a holiday, I assume they return each year.

Found this article from 25 August 2012, where they have quoted Andrew re Coventry

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/brian-saunders-appalled-plans-cathedral-3021298

Return to “General Discussion & News”