brian and andrew a place in greece

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
filippos

Re: brian and andrew a place in greece

Postby filippos » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:38 pm

I appreciate the update about Coventry as I was at art college there in the '60s and my son graduated from Warwick university in the'90's. It sounds as though a not very attractive place has been made less so.

As for Place in the Sun, I never met Andrew but Brian, in my experience, was that was one of the rudest, most unpleasant and inefficient people it's been my misfortune to meet. His business reputation here was fairly malodorous, too.

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:53 am

I had a brief meet with Andrew`s brother outside George the vets in Souda, he was sorting out the passports for the animals to go back to the UK, I believe he still lives here so they may come back on holiday to see him. I for one agree with most comments about them as a couple, as for the program we found it most entertaining, proof was that it sold abroad to other networks around the world making the producers a pot of money but not Andrew or Brian who failed to capitalise on recording rights. :)
Dave H

Cruc

Postby Cruc » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:29 am

Brian c wrote:sorry if this has been asked before.
a place in greece is being shown yet again on british tv originaly shot in 2004, i just wondered whatever happened to brian and andrew ,
anyone know of them ???

Does anyone know what channel this programme is on as I have never seen it and would like too. I have watched a bit of an episode on YouTube.
Regards
Cruc

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:16 am

Brian C wrote that in 2009, Cruc. This is an old thread. It was resurrected by Moggy because he found it available on YouTube. If you put A Place in Greece Brian and Andrew into the YouTube search box you get links to some full episodes but in a somewhat random order. I don't think they are all there.

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Checkout the Channel 4 site. I have been TOLD that you can watch every programme they have ever aired via their watch again thingy.

moggy

Postby moggy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:50 pm

Cruc wrote:
Brian c wrote:sorry if this has been asked before.
a place in greece is being shown yet again on british tv originaly shot in 2004, i just wondered whatever happened to brian and andrew ,
anyone know of them ???

Does anyone know what channel this programme is on as I have never seen it and would like too. I have watched a bit of an episode on YouTube.

By YouTube, 'The Disappearance62' has
'A Place in Greece Year 1 Episode 1 to Episode 6, then Year 2 Episode 1 to Episode 9 Brian & Andrew'

I have no idea if that is the complete series. It was one of my siblings who watched it on TV 10+ years ago and told me about it.

Separately I have been fascinated by people contribution to this thread, including 'filippos' of 30 Dec 2009, - had a meeting with Brian that lasted over 40 minutes and not even offered a Glass of Water! - One would be shocked to meet a Greek & to be treated that way.

Then 'Brian C' of 25 Jan 2009 - I am in agreement, no way to act - dumping the Window people with something like £20K out of pocket. Well said. Though re the no Greek spoken, most tourists for a week's holiday, usually attempt up to 5 words, yet how long did they live on Crete and in the series not shown to speak a word!

moved 2 crete

Postby moved 2 crete » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:26 am

I think I heard a few Yammases peebee, Brian loved his tipple. :D
Dave H

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:01 am

Or to rephrase the opening words of an old song he was partial to, "Old John Barleycorn, Nicotine BUT NOT the Temptations of Eve".

Warwick

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun May 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Just in case any of you know Brian and Andrew, and want to catch up, I saw them in Vamos yesterday around midday.

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun May 15, 2016 10:57 pm

Lucky you! Never met Andrew but B. is about the last person I'd wish to meet again: a complete (insert epithet of choice).

Gavalochori Geezer

Postby Gavalochori Geezer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:28 am

Yes, we saw Brian & Andrew around the middle of May in Cafe Francoise in Almyrida and also at the taverna on Kalivaki Beach. Rumour is they are writing their memoirs. Can't wait!

mouche

Postby mouche » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:38 am

The house they built/sold in Kokkino Horio is that the one that now named "Villa Hardanger"? Anybody knows? Walked by there the other day and looks very much like the one. By the way; Hardanger is the name of a Norwegian fjord thus assume bought by Norwegians from the west coast of Norway.

peebee

Postby peebee » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:01 pm

The house they built is between Plaka and Kambia - location 35 26 53 N - 24 13 11 E. Don't know what it is called, but it is painted pink :lol:

mouche

Postby mouche » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:11 pm

The one I'm referring to is indeed between Plaka and Kambia and pink.

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:22 pm

There's a couple of photos of Brian & Andrew here:
http://cretan-cornucopia.blogspot.gr/20 ... itors.html

I understand that Brian had treatment for throat cancer a few years ago, however I saw him smoking a cigarette a "Maddie's", recently. He's certainly looking thin and frail. Andrew, on the other hand, has expanded somewhat.

Return to “General Discussion & News”