Bus time request

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Anne Bilbrough

Bus time request

Postby Anne Bilbrough » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi does anyone have the timestable for buses from Paleochora going Sougia(?)or elsewhere via Azogires please? am looking for times to and from Azogires
many thanks, Anne

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Don't know about Paleochora routes [haven't looked] but have you tried the KTEL timetables?

Jean

Postby Jean » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm

The bus that passes at Azogyres goes to Chania, not Sougia. It used to pass once every two days (alternating the route via Azogyres with the route via Prodromi) pretty early in the morning. I don't think that you'll find that route in the online time-table but you could always email KTEL. Apparently they reply promptly.

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:35 pm

Jean wrote:.... you could always email KTEL. Apparently they reply promptly.
I've always received quick, informative responses from KTEL.

Anne Bilbrough

Postby Anne Bilbrough » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi, thanks you two for your replies
Yes KTEL was first place I tried but I admit it was just looking through the timetables - will drop them an e-mail
Previously when I've bused from Hania to Paleochora it's gone out to somewher like Tavronitis then over the tops via Kandanos but i didn't recall it actually going through Azogires - I had thought that the bus that goes up to Omalos from Paleochora went through but again I couldn't see any timetable for that route - like you say I should email KTEL and get specifics - had wondered if it was just covered by some smaller local company

Anyway, thanks again
Anne :D

Jean

Postby Jean » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 pm

The Azogyres bus is not on the standard Paleochora to Chania route. As I wrote before, only once a day early morning at the most.

The bus Chania via Omalos is the same one but only detours via Omalos when the gorge of Samaria is open. Or more correctly some time after the gorge of Samaria has opened... from mid-May or so You will not find it in the current KTEL time-table. The KTEL time-table that you see on their web site is always the current (right now winter) time-table and can be quite different from the summer time-table. That's why it is a good idea to email them if you have any questions for future dates.

gardon

Postby gardon » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Last year the bus that you require left Paleochora at 0615, went through Azogires, down to Sougia and then turned round and headed for Chania. Try looking on the Paleochora site as Barry has lots of info and you can always post a question.

Return to “General Discussion & News”