water bill

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
annabanana

water bill

Postby annabanana » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:39 am

Hi al
Someone last week sent an electric bill and translations.
I was wonderning if someone has got a water bill, or knows how much water costs for a unit (1000 ltrs). Also the cost of connecting a new supply to the house.
Thank you

paulh

Postby paulh » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 am

Not entirely sure on this but I am fairly sure it varies from location to location so you will need to say for what area

Note also that when the municipalities change to the Killikratis plan on 1st Jan 2011 then all the water details will be relocated with them and are likely to change.

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Cost of connecting a water supply will depend on how far you are from the nearest main connection point - and getting connected from there to your house is for you to organise and pay for. If the stand pipe is outside your gate it will be relatively cheap; if it's 100m away it will cost a lot more, especially if it has to cross a road. You will also have to supply/pay for the meter [they're not expensive].

You need to get estimates from a plumber or other contractor. I'd advise using someone as local as posssible as you'll know where to find him if anything goes wrong in future. Use someone from further away and later have a problem the local man is likely to say, "Xyz fitted it, let him fix it now."

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Our water bills from Vamos work out at €0.38 per 1000 Litres. Cheap! Can't remember the cost of the meter but I thought it was quite high (€90 springs to mind). Also, cost of installation will be determined by whether you are in or out of village limits as well as whatever the plumber charges. Good luck.

filippos

Postby filippos » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:27 pm

When we had the apartment built alongside the house we wanted a separate supply for it. Fortunately, as it turned out, a contractor broke the mains pipe [bit careless with the JCB] before reached our house meter. The Dimos sent people along to sort the problem and they put a brand new stand pipe at the end of our roadside parking area. No charge and then the builder volunteered about €50 off his bill 'cos he didn't have to do so much installation work. Knock me down wiv a fevver!

We were then told to buy and fit a new meter for the apartment supply then go to the Demarkio to give them the meter number for their records. Don't remember the cost of the meter but I'm fairly certain it was nowhere near €90.

Vince

Water Rates

Postby Vince » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:21 am

The following is the water rates for the Gerani Chania Area
for 2010.

Standard Water rates
Units 0 up to 30 Cost Per Unit 0.38 €
31 up to 60 Cost Per Unit 0.45 €
61 up to 120 Cost Per Unit 0.60 €
121 up to 240 Cost Per Unit 0.72 €

Plus a quarterly meter rental fee of approx 3.50 Euros, all plus sales Tax

The calculation is i.e. say, if you use 130 units in a three month period then the cost would be 68.10 Euros
1st 30 units 11.40E
2nd 30 units another 13.50E
Next 60 units 36E plus final 10 units 7.20E plus the qtr fee and sales tax

Our builder had to pay £250 Euros plus sales tax for the installation and registration of the water meter in 2009

*****I'm not sure what would happen if you use more than 240 units ... presumably own an expensive lake

Does anyone know the Agricutural water rates please?

regards

Vince

Return to “General Discussion & News”