Eye Surgery Lasik

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
jet

Eye Surgery Lasik

Postby jet » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Do anybody know this doctor and has anyone tried an eye surgery ?
Eye Surgery Lasik price about € 1,000
http://www.emmetropia.gr/our-facilities

Experience good or bad?

jet
Last edited by jet on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retired in Crete

Postby Retired in Crete » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Laser eye surgery was pioneered and developed at The University Hospital in Heraklion and the first ever operations in the world using this technique were carried out there.

Why not go to the real experts?

John

jet

Postby jet » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Retired in Crete wrote:Laser eye surgery was pioneered and developed at The University Hospital in Heraklion and the first ever operations in the world using this technique were carried out there.

Why not go to the real experts?

John

Thanks I did not know, but acc.
http://www.emmetropia.gr/ioannis-m_-aslanides is he an expert?

Retired in Crete

Postby Retired in Crete » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:59 pm

I have no idea but would this guy be a good place to start?

Ioannis G. Pallikaris (Greek: Παλλήκαρης Ιωάννης, born November 18, 1947) is a Greek ophthalmologist who in 1989 performed the first LASIK procedure on a human eye.[1] Pallikaris also developed Epi-LASIK.[2]
Professor Palikaris is the current rector of the University of Crete and is also the director of the Institute of Vision and Optics [3] in the same university. The institute focuses on providing high-quality specialized health services, such as refractive surgery, photodynamic therapy and the evaluation of vision operation through specialized diagnostic techniques. One of IVO's labs is the Vardinogianion Eye Institute of Crete (Βαρδινογιάννειο Εργαστήριο Μεταμοσχεύσεων και Μικροχειρουργικής Οφθαλμού), which provides health services ranging from primary to specialized tertiary treatment. Financially its activities are administered by the University of Crete's Research Account.

John

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ioannis_Pallikaris

pompeysam

Postby pompeysam » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:05 pm

I hadn't realised that lasik eye surgery was pioneered in Greece but I had the procedure a cople of years ago having worn glasses/contact lenses for 30 years. I had the procedure on one eye, as I was short sighted and approaching an age where many of my contempories required reading glasses I was advised to have one eye treated as if I had the procedure on both I would require reading glasses. I now have one eye that accomodates for distance and one for close work/ reading. It is wonderful and I would recomend the procedure to anyone the results were almost immediate and I had no problems at all.

Kimsie

Postby Kimsie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:17 pm

I had laser eye surgery nearly 9 years ago & also had no problems & haven't regretted it for a moment. The procedure was done in London & by the time I got home (about 1 1/2hrs) I was amazed at how clear my vision was (I'd kept my eyes closed most of the journey home as - to be honest - my eyes were absolutely streaming).
Kimsie

MC

Postby MC » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 am

Ionnis Aslanidis is fantastic. He teaches other eye surgeons around the world. The equipment in his clinic is so up to date it is amazing plus he is an excellent surgeon.

I had my eyes lazered there 4 years ago. Proceedure was done in 35 minutes with more care and professionalism I could have imagined.

The after care was unbelievable and he even worked Boxing day for myself and one other so that our visits were not put out of the programe needed for the after care and checks.

The staff there (inlcuding Ioannis) all speak perfect English and other languages too.

I was kept an eye on ........... no pun intended............for a couple of years afterwards.......... all part of the service.

I would strongly recommend the Emmetropia and Ioannis to operate on your eyes.

Let us know how you get on :)

Return to “General Discussion & News”