shortcut

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
The Adjectival LFB

Postby The Adjectival LFB » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 pm

Phaedra wrote:Hmmm. I'll ignore the Durban reference because it has absolutely no bearing here.

Are you trying to be clever?

Sorry if I’ve caused you any offence. The first part was a simple aside, banter, something that this place is full of. Having read a previous thread my (perhaps incorrect) judgement was that you would laugh at it. Again I apologise.

I’m not “trying to be clever”, maybe it was too robust, more apologies. I asked the question because I was curious. With holistic medicine body and mind are treated together. Your work involves energy systems. I would have thought that when you are confronted with the reality of chi, one also has to consider the whole spiritual issue. I just wondered where you stood, your site gives no indication, and if I was visiting you for treatment I would want to know.

Regards, LFB.
Lowell, Frank and Townes - all gone now.

Phaedra

Postby Phaedra » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:33 pm

The Adjectival LFB wrote:I just wondered where you stood, your site gives no indication, and if I was visiting you for treatment I would want to know.

Regards, LFB.

Well, I guess the treatment room would be the place for discussion on spiritual matters. Want to make an appointment?

No offence taken. Your comments just seemed completely unrelated to the thread.

Regards.

btw what does LFB stand for? It might give me some insight into your spirituality. I don't just invite any old punter into my treatment room you know. :wink:

The Adjectival LFB

Postby The Adjectival LFB » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:23 pm

paulh wrote:
Scaring off the punters is exactly what would happen if your idea of spiritualistic centers around Norman Watt-Roy. Now if it were Bonnie Raitt .....

mmm. Bonnie Raitt. That woman’s sunk enough bourbon to pickle a Glimmer Twin. Can’t blame you having a thing for her. Have you heard Barbara Thompson’s album “In The Eye Of A Storm”?

Regards, LFB

The Adjectival LFB

Postby The Adjectival LFB » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:03 pm

Phaedra wrote:

Well, I guess the treatment room would be the place for discussion on spiritual matters. Want to make an appointment

btw what does LFB stand for? It might give me some insight into your spirituality. I don't just invite any old punter into my treatment room you know. :wink:

I’m a fan of Deep Tissue Aromatherapy, when I’m not here I have a ninety minute fix every week, here I just let the food, air and light do the work. I’m also in the process of an intensive self cleansing thing. You can probably understand that I haven’t got the “space” for an appointment at the moment. Maybe sometime in the future.

The answer to your question is Love For Breakfast.

Regards, LFB

andheath

Postby andheath » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:18 pm

I'm into self cleansing too. It's a real pain when H insists on sharing the shower
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Muttly

Postby Muttly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:28 pm

All I ever seem to get is a damn good thrashing.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:27 am

Muttly wrote:All I ever seem to get is a damn good thrashing.

Watch the language chaps. There are members who are ex-public school, not me I hasten to add and my lips are sealed. If you start talking about "damn good thrashings in the shower" it could be very bad for their blood pressure.

Warwick

Muttly

Postby Muttly » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:17 pm

In the SHOWER.........ooooer I didn't think of that angle, ah the sweet sting of leather on wet flesh...........well so I'm told.

suebob

Postby suebob » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:22 pm

970m above sea level is obviously not high enough !

Muttly

Postby Muttly » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:28 pm

suebob wrote:970m above sea level is obviously not high enough !

And in the snow line as well......kinky.

Phaedra

Postby Phaedra » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Muttly wrote:
suebob wrote:970m above sea level is obviously not high enough !

And in the snow line as well......kinky.

Snow line? Where? I'd have to dig in my garden to get to 970m ubs and it's raining here at the moment!

Muttly

Postby Muttly » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:24 pm

3000 feet is good enough for snow can't it. Well in the winter anyway.

Phaedra

Postby Phaedra » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:35 pm

Muttly wrote:3000 feet is good enough for snow can't it. Well in the winter anyway.

Not any more. If you want kinkies in guaranteed freezing temps at that altitude in winter you'll have to go to Greenland or the antarctic. For the last 2 years the snow line has been climbing here and anything under 1800m is not classed as snow safe anymore.

Muttly

Postby Muttly » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:39 pm

Ooooo er the onward march of increased sun activity and flares then.

Phaedra

Postby Phaedra » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:47 pm

Muttly wrote:Ooooo er the onward march of increased sun activity and flares then.

Or due to increased CO 2 emissions (amongst other things, including farting cows). Incredibly cheap air travel also doesn't help awareness of our impact on the environment.

Return to “General Discussion & News”