Why am I leaving the UK?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
andheath

Postby andheath » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:48 am

wander, what a nice person you are and how well you said that. I am a bit reluctant to reply to the intense Brit bashing because I am leaving, but I still think the UK is the beast Country in the World. Everybody who comes to the UK adds a little something, it is such a shame people don't see that. There seems to be a sad fear of the unknown.

Me I just want to experience something new, 2 days left in the UK and I still can't believe we are actually doing this. Wow.
This Cretan Adventure thing is way beyond a joke.

Muttly

Postby Muttly » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:19 am

Maybe it is not so much as being in Rome and doing as the Romans do as being in Crete and being aware of what the Creteans do, respect it and add whatever you can to help both cultures. Even if it is just talking.

paulh

Postby paulh » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:14 am

People seem to have come to the conclusion that I just don't like seeing the UK knocked. To be quite honest that was third or fourth priority if I even got as far as that.

First priority is, many people here still have parents, children and grandchildren living in the UK and don’t need the bad bits about where their loved ones may be pushing up their left nostril at every turn.

Second priority is, it lowers the tone of the whole board to a whingeing medium and encourages bad feelings. I want people to enjoy this board.

Third is, A lot of our members live in the UK and will not be leaving and it is disrespectful of their lives in exactly the same way as if people were to come on here whingeing about Crete or Greek ways.

As I said, the odd comment here or there fine but not en masse. By all means have those feelings just don't post them here in detail for the reasons stated

cheers paul

JulieC

Postby JulieC » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:42 am

Hi all

Didn't mean to offend anybody at all. All our family and friends are still in UK. I think we just want more out of life ie more time with each other, better weather!! but most importantly Sienna learning Greek at such a young age and be able to go to the beach, swim in the gorgeous sea everyday and visit all the wonderful places, it will be a fantastic start in life.

We are already learning Greek with cd's on the car and Sienna loves it, she will speaking it way before I can!!!

Will keep you all upto date on our move, its so exciting

Thanks Julie

Return to “General Discussion & News”