Price os Specs

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Muttly

Price os Specs

Postby Muttly » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:41 pm

Crete or UK which is cheaper for spectacles? Anyone like me and going as blind as a bat?

filippos

Postby filippos » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:08 pm

Can't say which is cheaper as I haven't seen UK prices for several years but my wife and I have been more than happy with the quality and price of spectacles here. There's a very wide choice of styles and prices with many, many shops supplying frames and lenses. I know of at least a dozen in Xania and there are almost certainly more than those I know of. What's more, those shops don't all stock the same styles.

The place we go to also gives high quality service and the owner is meticulous over fitting and has endless patience with advice when choosing appropriate frames.

Filippos.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:39 pm

I can't compare prices either as don't know the prices in the UK. I paid around 80 euros for frames for my daughter, which were one of the cheapest, and with (very simple) lenses the full cost was about 110 euros. My own prescription is more complicated and I recently paid 180 euros for lenses alone.

Polyanna

Postby Polyanna » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:21 am

I had a prescription from the UK and got varifocals here, with photochromic lenses. I thought they were fantastically expensive - more than 700 euros - but I've never had varifocals in the UK to compare!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:41 am

There is so much variation in both countries that it would be very difficult to make a comparison. How would you know that you were comparing like with like? If you have your prescription, it is relatively simple and you want cheap there are many on-line retailers who are pretty low cost, e.g. www.glassesdirect.co.uk

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”