Eleni13 wrote:The problem shouldn't arise if you are living in the house and are using a dry source of heating plus ventilation. We have had no mould since the house dried out.
Last year, in our new apartment building, we did suffer with damp with the typical black mould appearing at various places where walls and ceilings meet despite having central heating and windows/doors on opposite sides open as often as possible, always opening the bathroom window when showering etc. and using the extractor when cooking.
We discovered a great product for getting rid of the mould. Spray it on affected areas and the mould disappears within five minutes with no rubbing (rather like the old TV ads for cleaning floors with 'Flash'); just wipe off excess spray to stop it running down the wall. If I'd been told about it and not seen it in action I'd have been very sceptical. It seems to be an excellent inhibitor, too.
The stuff's called "Micosteryl 1", recommended to us by the Xania paint shop "Kambakos". If anyone needs to know where the shop is e-mail me and I'll send a little map. (Brilliant shop for decorating products and advice). There's also a Microsteryl product that turns ordinary emulsion paint into a mould inhibitor. Haven't tried it yet but I intend to.
There was also a thread here about dehumidifiers that has plenty of useful info.