Kennels

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
gardon

Kennels

Postby gardon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:52 am

Does anyone know if there are any kennels in the Chania area, we live in Paleochora but need to put our two dogs away for two weeks in May 08

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:35 pm

There are kennels near Armenoi (approx. 20Km East of Xania, run by Colin & Freida, Tel: 6972 316 892.

To find them head for Kalyves on the National Road. Ignore the first turn off (Kalami) to Kalyves; continue on the Ethniki to the next turn off (on the right); at the bottom of the slip road turn right towards Armenoi which is about 3Km. Drive through the village, past a big church on your left and the Drosostalia taverna on the right (big wooden pergolas covering the outside area); continue 'til you see a BP garage and just after that turn right; after about 2Km on the unmade road you should hear dog noises on your left.

Filippos.

gardon

Postby gardon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:57 pm

Thanks for that Filippos,we will give them a call and take a visit. As usual your replies are very informative.

Ray

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:46 pm

Actually, it is a Shell garage, petrol station. Right there turn right and keep straight on - on the tarmaced road and it is near the end on the left - around two miles from the turnoff.

Ray

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:54 pm

I haven't been that way for a while Ray. When did they tarmac the turn off road?

Gardon, sorry about the Shell/BP mix up. Put it down to years and failing memory.

Filippos.

Ray

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:30 pm

Probably a couple or three years now, Filippos.

As you say, years and failing memory. So sad. Where will you be buried?

And for me too, the years, the problems with memory, the wisdom we have grown and the anguish with which we see the young develop into imbeciles . . . what can we do? Ti na karnoume? Tipota.

He he, but sod* them. Neither of us are joining the angel choir just yet.

Ah well . . . where is Retired in Crete and Kilkis to back us up?

As someone said: it sounds like the Last of the Summer Wine. Yeah, part two.

There is a whole island out there to know and to explore.

Ray

Retired in Crete

Postby Retired in Crete » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:26 pm

Ray wrote:
Ah well . . . where is Retired in Crete and Kilkis to back us up?

Ray

I am still on the right side of the grass, or concrete as it is in Crete!

When I can find my glasses and remember where I left the zimmer, I'll go outside and check again.

John

Ray

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:34 pm

as*hole

Ray

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:29 pm

Retired in Crete wrote:When I can find my glasses and remember where I left the zimmer, I'll go outside and check again.
John

Good grief, John, we must be having a moment of empathy. When I read the thread about humidity I almost posted that it is to be hoped that our rain doesn't spread to the east or it will rust their zimmer frames.

Warwick

PS Filippos doesn't get out enough. He still doesn't know that the post office has moved in Chania.

Retired in Crete

Postby Retired in Crete » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:12 am

Ray wrote:as*hole

Ray

Raymond,

Now you are using a writing style that I can understand, much better than all the long winded, boring descriptive rubbish which you usually write! Your essays should be entitled "All our yesterdays" (and you know what a rotten day yesterday was) instead of "Crete the dull years".

Suicide is the most sincere form of self critisism

John

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:34 am

Kilkis wrote:Filippos doesn't get out enough. He still doesn't know that the post office has moved in Chania.
There's a post office in Xania?

Filippos.

gardon

Postby gardon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 am

And there was I thinking we had got another nine replies. Please, please just answer the question, I dont really care how old you all are!!!!!!!!!!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Well you should care. We may be the boring old farts but we do tend to be the ones who answer most of the questions.

Did you expect nine answers telling you about another nine kennels? If so, I am afraid you will be disappointed. Filippos has told you where THE kennels are, with corrections from Ray. That's it I'm afraid.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”