Crete writing & Cretan websites

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Ray

Crete writing & Cretan websites

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:07 pm

This is just a note to let you know that the sites www .hiddencrete .com and www .lovingcrete .com have now been moved to another server and a new site which is based on the lines of the old hiddencrete site has just been formed. It is called simply: 'Crete'.

The new address is: http://crete.wordpress.com and you can access this directly by clicking on or using this new domain or address. In the meantime both the hiddencrete and lovingcrete domains will redirect you to the new site.

All of my writings about crete in the early days (1966) and crete in the days of the miltary junta (1967 - 1975) are easy to access from the front page. Other writings that I and my friends have done regarding crete are all now in easily accessible blog format also from the front page. I am still adding stuff of interest to people in crete and people who love crete from afar. Stories and local news.

I will continue writing also about modern crete and there are also crete related poems etc on the site.

There is now no forum on the site. However the comments you can make on the new Crete site can often start a discussion related to the story or item of news to which it relates. I have links to other Crete forums also on the front page as well as other Cretan information sites and other Cretan blogs.

If you have provided a link for me in the past I will be grateful if you could set it to the new address. I will also provide a link for you if I haven't so already.

I am in the middle of retiring from web design and running many sites from my home here in Crete so now I will have more time to write for the new Crete site. If anyone is keen to provide interesting stories about crete I would be pleased to see them and they can contact me via the comments box on the 'About' page of the new site.

Thank you all for attending my sites in the past and welcome to the new site.

Ray

Ray

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:10 pm

Surely someone has a reply. I went to great deal of trouble to do this.

Plus I linked in this forum and quite a few new people have discovered the wisdom here. But did I get a link back?

And all I hear is about rubber suits of some marquis or other?

I despair.

I think.

Is this the spring of the summer wine? Or have I got that wrong. The wine is being made now.

Ray

paulh

Postby paulh » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:01 am

Ray, Carol is administrator of this board I just moderate it. Only she can add links and I have no doubt she will do just that when she returns from her travels on Tuesday

As far as your original post is concerned for everyone else it didn't seem to request comment and it was comprehensive enough not to require further clarification. I'll certainly be visiting it as Iam sure will many others.

Don't despair, it was only on Friday evening you posted the original and this is Greece.

In all fairness I must point out that the rubber stuff occurs in the "Chat" section which is meant to be lightweight and a laugh. Your stuff comes in the General Discussion area which is taken more seriously and the two cannot be compared.

Selena

Postby Selena » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:23 am

I have checked it out Ray and skimmed through a few articles, looks very interesting...I will certainly pass some time on your site in between baby feeds!

Ray

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:01 am

I think that it is worth adding that the website now has full Greek news headlines, the weather for Crete and the Greek namedays for the next three days all constantly updated. All of these can be clicked to get the full information and articles.

Everything you need.

Ray

Ray

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:15 am

Paul,

I understand, Carol is the boss. I hope she still loves me since I bought the CD and now I have the book . . . so maybe a link would be nice?

Come on, nobody requests a comment but they get them. I could die here unnoticed if nobody says anything, death by lack of attention. Starvation by neglect. Ugh!

I know, siga, siga . . .

As I said about rubber, I bought two new front tyres recently. Phew!

Selena,

I am amazed at your courage, babyfeeds I did myself. Once I was a one parent family, for many years actually, but I managed with my mother's help and my job and my glistening career . . . well we won't go too far into that. Or maybe I will post some of it on my website, people need that.

But just love them, whatever they do, just love them. It worked for me.

Ray

Ray

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:09 am

Just an update. You can now get the BBC news UK and the BBC news world on my website.

Ray

paulh

Postby paulh » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:36 am

Just a point Ray, you were not immediately hit with a plethora of replies on Interkriti (well not sensible ones) either but they are starting to come through gradually after people have been to a read some of the articles. Same here.

One question I have, the people from 40 years ago you write about...do you still know and or see any of them?

paulh

Postby paulh » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:40 am

Ray wrote: babyfeeds I did myself.

Ray

Now if you want to really impress tell us they were breast fed...:)

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:37 pm

Hi Ray

I've read many of your stories on Hidden Crete and Loving Crete so I will be a visitor to your new amalgamated site too. Will add you a link from the main site when I catch up with everything.

Ray

Postby Ray » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:26 pm

Thanks for the link Caroline. I really do appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Ray

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:48 am

Well, I was enjoying the "Early days" but you seem to have stalled at chapter 14. :(

Ray

Postby Ray » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi Martin,

Chapter 14 is the last chapter of Early Days. Now I am writing Junta days which has got up to chapter 6, I think. There is more to come of Junta Days but I have had other writing to do and you can see some on my website. Also good weather sees us out and about.

There will be another book type section starting soon as well as the blog pages, Early Days and Junta Days.

Come on, I am retired.

All the best

Ray

carlab

Postby carlab » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi Ray
I have just spent part of the weekend reading the Early Days and this evening the Junta Days truly wonderful you have seen and done so much in Crete Ray and I look forward to more of you accounts of Crete in the future.
I will revisit your site and re-read your stories again as there is just so much history there.

regards
carla

Ray

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:15 pm

Well there is quite a lot now on my website so I hope it is worth a look. I still try to update my stories of the old days and I hope I am getting there.

I am also trying to add interesting tales of Crete that most people will like.

It isn't easy but I do my best.

Ray

Return to “General Discussion & News”