Flights from Dublin to Crete

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Graham

Flights from Dublin to Crete

Postby Graham » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:27 pm

Would anyone know what airlines fly directly from Dublin to Crete?

Thanks

filippos

Dublin/Crete flights

Postby filippos » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:15 am

Hi Graham,

I'm not 100% certain but I suspect there are no direct flights Dublin/Crete.

I have done a lot of research into travel between the UK and Crete for my site http://www.travel.creteforyou.com and there are no all-year-round direct flights.

During the summer holiday season there are many direct charter flights from airports all over the UK, including three carriers operating from Belfast in Northern Ireland, plus one scheduled route operated by GB Airways (a BA franchisee). In winter there are no direct flights, the most popular alternative route being via Athens.

If you're travelling in summer the easiest (and cheapest) option may be to get yourself to Belfast and use a charter from there. Lots of details and links on my site.

Filippos.

Carolina
Site Admin

Postby Carolina » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:52 pm

I agree with Filippos, i.e. I'm not 100% sure but I haven't seen any direct flights Dublin/Crete either. Visitors who have flown from Dublin before have booked via Gatwick (Ryanair Dublin/Gatwick is just over £60 return) to Chania.

There are also BA flights Dublin/Manchester/Heraklion from £220 return inclusive (in May).

regards,

Graham

Postby Graham » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:37 pm

A year ago last Oct I flew from Dublin to Crete but I can't remember for the life of me who it was. I do know it was a chartered flight and it was a greek Airlines but not the one that had the crashes happening about that same time

carolineclaire

Postby carolineclaire » Wed May 02, 2007 11:00 am

Actually there are direct flights from Dublin to Heraklion and they have been in operation for many years.

First Choice/Falcon fly every friday using Monarch Arlines. They sell flight onlys.

Budget Holidays, Panorama, Mayo Travel and there is another irish operator that I cant remember the name of....these all offer direct flights from Dublin - Budget also offer Shannon and Cork.
I believe that they all offer flight seat onlys as well.

Return to “General Discussion & News”