Buy furniture etc or ship it over ...?

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Plodder

Re: Buy furniture etc or ship it over ...?

Postby Plodder » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:58 pm

We shipped ours out using White Van Man.
Better value than Nomad, we did it in two lots, and not a single item was broken !!

Still use them now for the occasional "red cross parcels" :-)

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: CFS
They've moved their main selling operation to the Internet so customer orders are placed on-line and goods are delivered to the Kalyves shop/office for customer collection.

At about 11:00 today their website had an updated map showing their new location in Kalyves but nothing elsewhere, nor did it say anywhere obvious that they have changed from being shop based to primarily Internet based.

They may have a warehouse/storage facility in Souda to hold some stock (I'll ask next time I'm passing the Kalyves shop) although it would make sense to have somewhere more local than a 20 minutes drive away.

mouche

Postby mouche » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:42 pm

They made following announcment already 23rd June on Facebook:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

CFS will shortly be operating online only and will be closing our shop in Kalyves, Crete.
With so much of our business now operating purely online we have made the hard decision to close our shop and focus on the success of our online webshops.
This decision means we now have a
HUGE SHOP DISPLAY STOCK CLEARANCE SALE.
For 2 weeks only, a real opportunity to bag a bargain.
We shall be operating from our admin office in Kalyves which will also be a click and collect point for online orders.
Please do Visit Us, Call us, Email us or visit our webshop at www.cfshome.com for further information.

filippos

Postby filippos » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:23 pm

Since many people do not use Facebook it would seem a good idea to put something on the website that everyone who wants to buy something has to look.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:25 pm

Good grief, Filippos. What a suggestion. Surely the whole world uses Facebook don't they?

Warwick

PS Neither do I.

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:58 am

Well, Warwick, I signed up to facebook ........................
several years ago when two (young) Greek musicians told me that I could see their Crete tour itinerary there. I found the information and haven't used the site since. I read, recently, that when joining I should have used my real name and not done naughty things like lie about my age.
I now know more people who have given up with facebook than have remained with it. Those that have stuck are mostly young Greeks. Even my dedicated geek son stopped using it for personal stuff, now using it only to promote his (IT/computer services/app writing) business.

Eleni13

Postby Eleni13 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:32 am

Thank you Mouche. I knew I had read it somewhere. Not a senior moment, after all.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:01 am

filippos wrote:...They may have a warehouse/storage facility in Souda to hold some stock (I'll ask next time I'm passing the Kalyves shop) although it would make sense to have somewhere more local than a 20 minutes drive away.

From their web site:

"...we have sourced some of the best ranges for price and styles, from around the world and import huge stocks to our storage facilities in Athens Greece and Souda Crete."

Warwick

Rej

Postby Rej » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:39 pm

I have sent a personal message.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Who to, Rej? I'm not being funny but if you have sent it to the original poster they moved to Crete in September 2012 according to the first post so I guess the question is no longer relevant to them.

The thread had been dead since August 2012 but, for some reason, Mouche resurrected it by making a post on 29 July 2015 and then deleted the content of the post rather than deleting the post itself.

Warwick

mouche

Postby mouche » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:10 pm

The reason why I did not delete the post itself but only the content was simply that the system does not allow me to. The reason why I deleted the content was that the content was no longer relevant, correct if you may, and thus I have delete the content on the request by CFS Kalyves. I agreed to do so quite freely!

filippos

Postby filippos » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:27 pm

Provided there is no post after yours the system does allow you to delete the entire post. Just hit the 'X' then confirm.

mouche

Postby mouche » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:51 am

Thus is the reply I still get when trying:

Sorry but you may only delete posts which have not been replied to.

I can live with that!

filippos

Postby filippos » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:13 am

mouche wrote:Thus is the reply I still get when trying:
Sorry but you may only delete posts which have not been replied to.

Well, of course you do now, that's the point. As Warwick stated, posts can only be deleted by the author before any others appear, so of course you can't delet yours now.

I viewed your post announcing that you had deleted it's previous content. At that time there was no subsequent post. It would have been possible to delete the original post but you changed it. At the time I thought, "Why not just delete the b****y thing?" Warwick obviously saw your "deleted" comment at the same stage and it remained without following posts for quite a long time.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:23 am

Did CFS send you a PM to ask you to delete the post or did they reply to the post in the thread? If the former you should have been able to delete the post completely. If the latter you wouldn't and you would get exactly the message you did.

If it was the latter, it is clear that CFS deleted their post completely after you had deleted your content. This was the state when I first saw it. Once they had done that you would have been able to delete your post completely. Once somebody else had added a post to the thread you wouldn't be able to delete the whole post again.

I wasn't being critical, Mouche. Some of the information provided after the thread was resurrected may be useful to other people BUT probably not to the person who started the thread. Hence my comment to Rej. As I know from my own experience, people often don't notice that it is an ancient thread.

Warwick

Return to “General Discussion & News”